Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well, I love Morbius, and I enjoyed Vita Ayala's Prisoner X comic, so I'm definitely looking forward to that mini.
    I'll have to wait and see on Scream.
    She's certainly an interesting choice for this title. I wasn't expecting her on it. We all know it's not likely to be a best seller, but if she can make it work, then she's in a damn good place.

I wonder if some current Spider books will be going away to make room for these.

Is Marvels plan to just throw out a bunch of minis to see what sticks?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I wonder if some current Spider books will be going away to make room for these.

Spider events always set up for new spin offs but then again so do all marvel events now that I think about it. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see maybe one more as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't think that one was that bad. It just felt like it wasn't really a Morbius series. It could have been about anyone.
    Which on the basis of being a Morbius solo makes it kind of a failure of a book...

That's been Marvel operating procedure for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully better then the last Morbius series .
    Emorbius? Yeah, that was pretty rough. If you want a hipster vampire, then just create one. Don't retrofit a cool character into that kind of nonsense.

Life Story and Symbiote will be done by then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Emorbius? Yeah, that was pretty rough. If you want a hipster vampire, then just create one. Don't retrofit a cool character into that kind of nonsense.
    Morbius is pretty emo. He was emo before emo was a thing.

My issue was the gang war and unresolved plots and stuff. But the issue with Morbius is that you can put him in practically any genre and he'll work out somehow. But he needs a real focus. Morbius's cure not working is something that has been done before, but it's also a big part of his character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    What demand is there for a 'Scream' book? Morbius isn't super popular, but he at least has a minor fanbase.

Scream though? I'd be surprised if it lasted more than 12 issues.
    No one demanded a Ms Marvel, Moon Girl or Squirrel Girl book.

How did that work out? The 3 girls account for over 150+ solo issues.

Marvel could careless about who screams for what nowadays especially after the behavior of a certain group.

Morbius has a movie coming and this mini will probably greenlight trades for his first series and some more reprints.

Scream-This is Chapman's first ongoing series in comics. He does novels and Hollywood scripts. Since this is a SPider-Family book-this assures him shelf space at Barnes & Nobles. SO it gets him some more exposure and probably gets this book reviewed in places where it would get ignored.

And it's a female lead book. Meaning another new female is getting a shot at Marvel while ELSEWHERE-you have to be named Quinn or Ivy or Kyle or Donna or Kara to get a solo book.

Who is Andi and in what issue did she appear thanks.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And it's a female lead book. Meaning another new female is getting a shot at Marvel while ELSEWHERE-you have to be named Quinn or Ivy or Kyle or Donna or Kara to get a solo book.
    Don't you mean Diana? I would kill for a Donna book though...presuming she was written well and in-character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Who is Andi and in what issue did she appear thanks.
    Andi Benton first appeared in Cullen Bunn's Venom run, where she was a student at the high school where Flash Thompson/Agent Venom was teaching gym class and also Flash's neighbor. One day, she and her father got caught in the crossfire of a fight between Agent Venom and Jack O'Lantern, and to protect her, Flash had the symbiote extrude a piece of itself to her. Of course, the symbiote saw it as an opportunity to get rid of some deadweight and ejected the clone of itself that it had consumed way back in Daniel Way's Venom run from 2003, along with a not-so-nifty Hell Mark that was the symbol of the bargain the symbiote had made with Mephisto during the Circle of Four arc when Rick Remender was still on the (Agent) Venom title. Andi bonded with both the Venom clone and the Hell Mark, adopting the name Mania and going on a roaring rampage of revenge against Jack O'Lantern for killing her father, with Flash trying desperately to rein her in before she crossed a line. That's her origin story, though when Brian Bendis snatched up Agent Venom for his Guardians of the Galaxy run, Bendis completely ignored the whole situation with Andi/Mania and it took a new Agent Venom solo --- Venom: Space Knight --- to address (and redress) that situation. Flash had to confront Andi when he returned to Earth, as she had been possessed and corrupted by both the symbiote and the Hell Mark, though he was ultimately able to reconcile with her and help her regain control of herself.

Then came the Venom solo by Mike Costa, which introduced Lee Price as the "new" Venom, and while Flash had been forcibly separated from the symbiote, Andi was still active as Mania and even participated in Venomverse, where she met Eddie Brock as Venom for the first time and basically dissed him because he wasn't Flash and therefore "not my Venom." Of course, Lee Price --- who had been separated from the Venom symbiote, subsequently jailed for his crimes, and then released by a lawyer who convinced the jury that Price was under the control of the symbiote all along and thus not responsible for his crimes --- came back and took the Mania symbiote from her, christening himself Maniac to try to take over New York City's criminal underworld in the Spider-Man/Venom crossover Venom, Inc., which saw Flash return as the new Anti-Venom, and Andi join in using her Hell Mark-granted abilities. Despite Price being defeated at the end, there was no way to separate him from the Mania symbiote, which Andi took surprisingly well at first . . . and that was the last time she was seen in the comics until Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre, written by Cullen Bunn as well, where Andi was one of the revived Cletus Kasady's targets, though she was able to hold her own for a bit through the Hell Mark, at least enough to escape from him with her life.

That's the lowdown on Andi Benton/Mania.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thank you Huntsman Spider that was a very informative answer.
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member

I'll give both a fair go. Morbius is a character I like both conceptually and visually. The last series he had didn't exactly set the charts on fire, so hopefully this one is better received.

Scream is a true dark horse. Depends on who the host is. Right now, in the Absolute Carnage tie-in, it is Andi. That could change once it wraps up. But, if they do carry Andi over into this series, it is hard imagining anyone but Bunn writing her as she is his baby (hence why we have her in the current mini.) Still, I'm willing to give it a chance to impress me. If the book is going in a horror direction, than Chapman is their guy. Apart from Venomverse, he also did Iron Fist: Phantom Limb book which had demonic posession amidst other supernatural shenanigans.

Scream is disappointing because I hate that design.

Why tease us with this, Marvel

It wouldn't fit Andi, but the original has that problem anyway

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Scream is disappointing because I hate that design.

Why tease us with this, Marvel

It wouldn't fit Andi, but the original has that problem anyway

Damn, that is...something...

Ummm...I would have to see her in action, but you're right, she doesn't fit Andi. Where's the spikes? A little dress? She looks so bland.

I mean, to compare her to Morbius, there's a reason even he has stood the test of time. He's distinct snd interesting, he's a bit different.

Also, I'm looking at some set images from the upcoming movie and Jared Leto looks way too normal. This movie was weird enough but they aren't even trying to make Morbius look like Morbius. I hope they don't fo this in the mini. I need my Morbius to look so hideous that a zombir could pretend to be hin for two weeks wearing only a very flimsy mask.