View Poll Results: Surge!

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Give her a team. She should be calling the shots!

39 37.50%
  • No.

65 62.50%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Ew, no. I don’t know what people see in the Kyle and Yost goblins.
    I'm surprised Storm hasn't exiled them from Mutant-dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm thinking absolutely.

She's basically Cyclops' sidekick already.

Who are you putting on Surge's team?
    I just can’t get over wondering where her teeth go when her mouth is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    You can have a tragic past without being "dark" and you can be "dark" without having a tragic past.

When I think of "dark", I think of XFORCE at its extreme, I think of heroes who cross the killing line and actually have fun doing it. I think of characters who don't see a brighter future for themselves and who are nihilistic. Cable and Psylocke falls into that category for me but not Surge.
    Yeah, that's what I was saying, although I think there are levels of darkness. I mean, being disowned by your family is dark in one sense, but different from being a lab rat.

X23 has moved on from being nihilistic, so I don't se her as "dark" either. I see her more as Rogue, started out with a dark past but has clearly moved on to hero territory.
    Can see the point, although I'm not sure I saw the X-23 story as being "nihilistic," given that even in the darker stories, the plot point that she could become something more then what her creators intended came through in the end.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    IFor me I'd have more interest in Hellion leading, but that's more to do with my personal preference and affinity with both his character archetype and general aesthetic. And I 100% ship Hellion/X-23 (Lulian? Jaura?) I believe the it is called HeliX by some in the fanfiction comunity's

I don't believe so but I feel like the question could be posed in the NXM thread. I always felt they were very much different approaches to leadership, and kinda mirrored some of the classic X-Men- Surge as Cyclops (the whole tactical approach), Hellion as Magneto (extremist powerhouse) and Armor as Emma (bitchy but effective). So in that regard, I think it depends entirely on who is on their respective squad and whether the team would respect them. For example, I could see Mercury being fully on board following Nori or Julian but may have doubts about taking orders from Hisako. And the runner-up NXM (Anole, Trance, Indra etc.) probably have a closer bond with Hisako than the others. I also think co-leadership can work, provided said co-captains aren't at each others throats.
    I wouldn't peg Surge with Summers tbh, i mean she wasn't very tactical except for that time against Nimrod and she mostly leaned on Prodigy for strategy, it also doesn't help she had them go gung ho against the purifiers during the search for Hope that got them into a life or death struggle against the Revaers.

Hellion comes of to me more grounded than extremist and Armor didn't seem like someone who would go to the lenghts Frost did to achieve her goals.

Kyle and Yost Goblins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I just can’t get over wondering where her teeth go when her mouth is closed.
    uh same place your teeth go.....same place everyone's teeth go(unless a person is toothless)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I wouldn't peg Surge with Summers tbh, I mean she wasn't very tactical except for that time against Nimrod and she mostly leaned on Prodigy for strategy, it also doesn't help she had them go gung ho against the purifiers during the search for Hope that got them into a life or death struggle against the Reavers.

Hellion comes of to me more grounded than extremist and Armor didn't seem like someone who would go to the lengths Frost did to achieve her goals.
    I'm not saying they're cookie-cutter personality archetypes, just that I could see resemblances to the leadership tactics of other recognizable mutants. I personally think Nori mirrors Scott's leadership style in the 'commands respect' 'no holds barred' type attitude. And sure, she leaned on members of her team, but that's part of the criteria of a good leader. Scott has relied on Hank, Ororo, Emma, Erik etc. over the years to keep him in check and provide skills/knowledge/resources where he could not.

I don't think Julian can be described as grounded. His earliest characterization had him pegged as an arrogant frat boy type, and while this later faded, he was alluded to being the 'next Magneto' on occasions. I think it's not unreasonable to worry that he could have easily been led astray, given his personality and grooming by Emma Frost for one.

And no, Hisako surely isn't as radical as Emma, but I think the way in which she leads, and her smart mouth, seems familiar. I think when it comes to her peers Armor is unlikely to be adored by all, but I fully believe she's a capable leader, and X-Man.

One of these days you’ll stan these precious goblins

I don't believe so but I feel like the question could be posed in the NXM thread. I always felt they were very much different approaches to leadership, and kinda mirrored some of the classic X-Men- Surge as Cyclops (the whole tactical approach), Hellion as Magneto (extremist powerhouse) and Armor as Emma (bitchy but effective). So in that regard, I think it depends entirely on who is on their respective squad and whether the team would respect them. For example, I could see Mercury being fully on board following Nori or Julian but may have doubts about taking orders from Hisako. And the runner-up NXM (Anole, Trance, Indra etc.) probably have a closer bond with Hisako than the others. I also think co-leadership can work, provided said co-captains aren't at each others throats.
    I can see Oya joining Surge just because, through some very specific background scenes and minor sequences, they seem like good friends and she doesn’t like Armor. Rockslide and Pixie, despite being closer to Armor’s age than Surge’s, seem to follow after Noriko much more smoothly than the former. I can see Anole, Glob, and the runner up NXM kicking it with Hisako.

Also, I guess that means we need a ‘Jean’ or this generation. Any volunteers?

But Apocalypse will be on an XTEAM soon enough, and HoX/PoX seems to be hinting at him fighting for a greater good.

He's a time traveler. Even if he could stay in Krakoa chilling with pops, the minute he time travels, all that angst should come back. You really think someone who deals with apocalyptic futures as his main storyline isn't going to be "angsty"?
    I really do get what you mean, but having him be the one to bounce from being on the MAIN team to the “we don’t belong here” team is very jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I'm surprised Storm hasn't exiled them from Mutant-dom.

Other than Prodigy in his full-take over the world mode, they were all crap. Bring back Synch and have Monet, him, and Sunspot take over the X-Men before these goblins.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I can see Oya joining Surge just because, through some very specific background scenes and minor sequences, they seem like good friends and she doesn’t like Armor. Rockslide and Pixie, despite being closer to Armor’s age than Surge’s, seem to follow after Noriko much more smoothly than the former. I can see Anole, Glob, and the runner up NXM kicking it with Hisako.
    I imagine Dust, Mercury & her current girlfriend Bling would follow Noriko. Prodigy if he isn't leading himself. Transonic feels like a good fit too.

Glob, Shark-Girl, Anole, Trance & Loa are likely candidates for Team Armor I think.

Also, I guess that means we need a ‘Jean’ or this generation. Any volunteers?
    hmmm. I think the most like-minded characters aren't primed for leadership yet, so its hard to say.

BANNED

You could kill virtually everyone from Gen Hope to the Bendis kids (except Goldballs!) or the New X-Men/Academy X and I would not bat an eye except for a few - spare Prodigy, Dust, Rockslide, Elixir, Anole, maybe Gentle who has potential. IMO it was way too soon to introduce yet another new class back when they did in the 2000s, with Gen X barely having had time to get footing in 'adulthood' a la the New Mutants/X-Force. Hence why many of them have been lost in the shuffle a long time.

I realize I'm a hypocrite for complaining about the constant new classes since I love a ton of the WATM kids, but hey, game is game.

they gotta start putting the “kids” on teams (besides more “training teams”)let alone letting them lead..we’ve been getting variations on the same lineup for ages. why create new, I retesting characters with new power sets only to have them maybe show up in a background role, lucky if they get a couple lines and actually maybe being graced with the privilege of joining the team for a single arc if the writer likes them

I hate the Surge’s hair isn’t naturally blue. Should have been part of her mutation.

That actually came in useful as a visual indicator. If her hair isn't blue, it's an AU (Prodigy's future vision from Dani and Emma; House of M).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I imagine Dust, Mercury & her current girlfriend Bling would follow Noriko. Prodigy if he isn't leading himself. Transonic feels like a good fit too.

Glob, Shark-Girl, Anole, Trance & Loa are likely candidates for Team Armor I think.
    I feel like Surge and Prodigy would be co-leaders. I don’t know why, but I feel like Hope would be at odds with Armor, which most likely means all her Lights would follow suit and

Cuckoos: Noriko
    Nature Girl: probably Hisako

Yeah, hit the nail on the head with Glob, Shark Girl, Anole, Trance, and Loa for Hisako. Even though I do agree with Hisako being an Emma-type, if she ever came to blows with Noriko, it would sort of be a redux to Schism.

hmmm. I think the most like-minded characters aren't primed for leadership yet, so its hard to say.
    I would love to see Mercury adopt a leadership role, even if it was only briefly. There was a little taste of that role in Generation X when Kitty let Mercury form a search-and-rescue party and she was pretty much on the same level of respect as Chamber and Husk.

Or at least she pulls same rank??? IDK I personally wouldn't mind if the New X-Men and Generation X were considered equals since they're generally around the same age range and both have a ton of experience, but I think it's a pretty fuego take. All this to say..............I think Mercury is closest to that beacon of light and not just because she’s also a ginger.