Default Symbiote Spider-Man #5

the series is over for now spoilers:
    the series is teasing a return with Hobgoblin. Did Peter had the black suit during he hobgolbin arc?
    end of spoilers
    What are your overall thoughts about it? For me I like the portrayal of Mysterio and Black Cat and of course the symbiote costume
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

this is the only symbiote related title that i have enjoyed.

Incredible Member

So does this mean mysterio plays a role in absolute carnage in some way even if small since I guess he has a codex now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    So does this mean mysterio plays a role in absolute carnage in some way even if small since I guess he has a codex now?
    He should let see how cates will play with continuity
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Symbiote Spider-Man will have a Absolute Carnage next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    the series is over for now spoilers:
    the series is teasing a return with Hobgoblin. Did Peter had the black suit during he hobgolbin arc?
    end of spoilers..
    spoilers:
    Yes. he did. He wore it during the second half of the mystery of OG Hobgoblin's identity (Secrete Wars occurred partway through the story arc).
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    Yes. he did. He wore it during the second half of the mystery of OG Hobgoblin's identity (Secrete Wars occurred partway through the story arc).
    end of spoilers
    Yes, and No.

The symbiote, not counting the all-too-brief "reunion" on Web of Spider-Man #1, lasted on Peter Parker, from Amazing Spider-Man #252, until #258.

The "Black Costume" worn, from shortly after Spectacular Spider-Man #100, 1985, up until Amazing Spider-Man #300, 1988, was a cloth version sewn together by Black Cat.

However, Hobgoblin, as far as I recall, unless Amazing Spider-Man #254, which I haven't read yet, teased any cryptic clues that he was around, Hobgoblin, from Amazing Spider-Man #251, until the later pages of #258, was DEAD, assumably so from his battle wagon careening into the river on #251.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-14-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Great limited series.
    The characterisations of Spider-Man,Black Cat,Aunt May and Mysterio were quite well written.
    And the conclusion of the story was cool,so it´s one of the best limited series of Spider-Man that i had read in a while imho.