Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Powers of X 02: We are together now, you and I *spoilers*

X0: Moira and Xavier travel to Magneto secret island in the Bermuda triangle. They show him her previous lives, and they decide to cooperate.

X10: Magneto and Xavier tell Cyclops about the Mother Mold, the station orbiting the sun dedicated to create Master molds. It needs to be destroyed. Plus they think this is the moment when Nimrod gets created. Chills. Nimrod has always been this future fear for the mutants. The future is now.

X100: The group on Asteroid K, leaded by Apocalypse, plans to act on the information retrieved last issue. As machines code every single action and file it as history, they needed an index to know where to search what they want, which is something about the creation of Nimrod. We still do not know for sure that this is “the future” and not “the previous life future”. Nimrod kills two humans for **** and giggles.

X1000: The future society, which I assume is made out of mutants, is preparing for ascension. Here comes a huge retcon to the Phalanx covenant, from all things. Deep cut continuity here. Babel spyres! lol! Basically, as one civilization evolves, it tends to create hive minds (as the supremor). These grow and grow, and fagocite or destroy other civilizations depending on if they are worthy or not. The mutants (I guess) from Earth planted a hivemind in a giant planet with a crazy orbit (Nibiru) to attract the biggest intelligence out there, a Phalanx, containing the mind power of a galaxy, and they ask to be included/consumed.

It is like the Kardashev scale, but with minds instead of energy output.

The art is crazy amazing. Maybe it gets a bit needless complicated at the end? But the Technarch and Phalanx rework is fun.
    Last edited by Leirus; 08-14-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

(Pssst isn't this Powers of X?)

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    (Pssst isn't this Powers of X?)
    AAAAARGH! And I think I cannot edit the title :C

Astonishing Member

Lol, I didn’t even notice, I think of these as just one long mini series.

Needlessly complicated = Hickman

We knew this going in. I saw the last few pages and was like "yup, if there was any doubt before, here we are!"

Good issue, but I think I enjoy House better. Just too little information can be given with these storyline hops. Makes me glad it's a weekly book. Waiting 7 days for 30 mins of reading is PAINFUL!

let me lay out my thoughts In semi-Hickman infographic fashion

Year 1) I adore Hickman’s magneto. The art was particularly gorgeous here too. Wish we got to learn more about their plan but I get it, long game

Year 10) can’t wait to see who cyclops pulls together to take on Orchis/Mother Mold, hopefully next week. No Emma/Mystique? Reaaally wanted to see how that would play out

Year 100) again, more excited about what this issue set up for the next one than the issue itself: apocalypse leading this ragtag xmen to Nimrod is gonna be a blast. Glad we got to see some personalities in play but I wish there was more ... still no clue why Black Tom Cassidy is a tree but I can vibe with it

Year 1000) Wow. I feel so much better knowing that this was a deep cut in terms of continuity because I was beyond lost. Can not wait to see how this plays out and what it means for the rest of the players in the past.

just some quick thoughts:

PoX is the less interesting of the two series. Even though yes there are very interesting ideas being brought into this title. I just have no attachments to any of these characters. And in all honesty Hickman writing is good but not when I don't care about the people in the comic. 7/10

And for an event comic that they're calling a seminal x-men moment.

He better start putting more x-men characters in the actual titles. I needs me my X-Men. Or de we have to wait until October.

Also we still don't know who Green Magento is or if that's actually Logan.

The tree guy mentions his body used to be that of a mutant you could speak to anything. Does that mean he was Cypher. And they used his body to make a chimera?

Also when learn that Percival had black out abilities that could hide mutants from the machines.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-14-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Liked it more then POX 1. Art is really great here. Much better then previous issue. Excited for more.

Didn`t like Wolverine in it at all. I hope next issues he will be written better.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    let me lay out my thoughts In semi-Hickman infographic fashion

Year 1) I adore Hickman’s magneto. The art was particularly gorgeous here too. Wish we got to learn more about their plan but I get it, long game

Year 10) can’t wait to see who cyclops pulls together to take on Orchis/Mother Mold, hopefully next week. No Emma/Mystique? Reaaally wanted to see how that would play out

Year 100) again, more excited about what this issue set up for the next one than the issue itself: apocalypse leading this ragtag xmen to Nimrod is gonna be a blast. Glad we got to see some personalities in play but I wish there was more ... still no clue why Black Tom Cassidy is a tree but I can vibe with it

Year 1000) Wow. I feel so much better knowing that this was a deep cut in terms of continuity because I was beyond lost. Can not wait to see how this plays out and what it means for the rest of the players in the past.
    Yeah. This is the definitive Magneto. The Phalanx thing... It is mostly from the Phalanx covenant storyline, with the technarchy from Warlock added on. But this view of them as nearly an unavoidable step in social evolution is new.
    Uncanny xmen has a pretty good article suming it all up, because it is quite obscure at this point.

Agree that we need to see more of the characters we know. So far imo hox 1 has been the best issue for how well it weaved in so many established characters and gave them interesting things to do. Hopefully next week we get more of that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Wolverine, Jean, Monet, Husk and Archangel.

The last couple of pages really confused me. The rundown of societies, and the intelligence scales. I guess I didn't feel like I had enough of a reason to care to read all of that, process it, and see how it relates to the story thus far. Just felt like Hickman is introducing a lot of big ideas that aren't necessarily warranted. At least not now. BTW, this doesn't feel like a good jumping on title for new readers. I don't know anything about the Phalanx story arc, so I was lost there, and felt like I was supposed to know something. Weird, the more they go into the future, the less invested I feel.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 08-14-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

'Hello Borg, please assimilate us.'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    just some quick thoughts:

PoX is the less interesting of the two series. Even though yes there are very interesting ideas being brought into this title. I just have no attachments to any of these characters. And in all honesty Hickman writing is good but not when I don't care about the people in the comic. 7/10

And for an event comic that they're calling a seminal x-men moment.

He better start putting more x-men characters in the actual titles. I needs me my X-Men. Or de we have to wait until October.

Also we still don't know who Green Magento is or if that's actually Logan.

The tree guy mentions his body used to be that of a mutant you could speak to anything. Does that mean he was Cypher. And they used his body to make a chimera?

Also when learn that Percival had black out abilities that could hide mutants from the machines.
    Yep, as big as this is story might be, I just don't care about it.

Apocalypse makes a comment about "Wolverine" that implies he is a clone, but probably not a Chimera generation. "Magneto" seems too passive to be the original as well.

At some point Krakoa and Cypher might have merged in order for Krakoa to have a voice.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    The last couple of pages really confused me. The rundown of societies, and the intelligence scales. I guess I didn't feel like I had enough of a reason to care to read all of that, process it, and see how it relates to the story thus far. Just felt like Hickman is introducing a lot of big ideas that aren't necessarily warranted. At least not now. BTW, this doesn't feel like a good jumping on title for new readers. I don't know anything about the Phalanx story arc, so I was lost there, and felt like I was supposed to know something. Weird, the more they go into the future, the less invested I feel.
    It explains what the Phalanx is in those pages you didn’t read.