Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This issue was another good installment to the story. Great scene between Cyke,X, and Magneto. I wonder who Cyclops is going to get to help with the mission ( I hope Rachel) Nimbus is a great concept and can't wait to see it. Nimrod is really living it up. I loved how he explained that his programming seems to have evolved and he is more sentient now and can convey emotions and feelings like joy, humor,and sarcasm. Nimrod the lesser is a machine with a personality that makes him a unique Sentinel like Karima, and others.I think Nimrod the lesser could get into a conflict of interest of Nimrod the Greater and the rest of the Human-Machine Supremacy. One question where is DANGER?
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 08-14-2019 at 08:51 PM. Reason: so many errors

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    This issue was another good installment to the story. Great scene between Scoot,X, and Magneto. I wonder who Cyclops is going to get to help with the mention ( I hope Rachel) Nimbus is a great concept and can't wait to see it. Nimrod is really living it up. I loved how he explained that his programming seems to have evolved and he is more sentient now and can convey emotions and feelings like joy, humor,and sarcasm. Nimrod the lesser is a machine with a personality that makes him a unique Sentinel like Karima, and others.I think Nimrod the lesser could get into a conflict of interest of Nimrod the Greater and the rest of the Human-Machine Supremacy. One question where is DANGER?
    If the cover isn't lying, we got Scott's team here.

It’ll be interesting to see if they go into any reasoning for Cyclops’s choices of who to bring on the mission. A frontal assault on a space station millions of miles from home....and pretty much every X-Man ever available...that’s an interesting squad shown on those covers.

BANNED

As a SciFi horror writer I think I've figured out HOX and POX, and who can relate to each book. Personally, I relate to both, and after reading this issue, I get the direction the series is going, if not the final answer.

HoX: is for those who want the glory days of the X-men back and not just a rehash of past storylines. This series gives you the new, yet familiar of the X-men series, the characters you know and love, but in new situations. This is the basic, but very well written Heroic Sci-Fi adventure story.

PoX: Is for those who love high concept adventure stories with a deep complex and sometimes confusing story that has a simple answer in the end. It introduces high concepts that require a bit of patience as it's not outwardly forthcoming. By dividing the story into several Eras in time, and adding in Moiras missing 6th Lifetime, we aren't sure where we are exactly. So the pay off comes at the end or near the end.

I'm here for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    As a SciFi horror writer I think I've figured out HOX and POX, and who can relate to each book. Personally, I relate to both, and after reading this issue, I get the direction the series is going, if not the final answer.

HoX: is for those who want the glory days of the X-men back and not just a rehash of past storylines. This series gives you the new, yet familiar of the X-men series, the characters you know and love, but in new situations. This is the basic, but very well written Heroic Sci-Fi adventure story.

PoX: Is for those who love high concept adventure stories with a deep complex and sometimes confusing story that has a simple answer in the end. It introduces high concepts that require a bit of patience as it's not outwardly forthcoming. By dividing the story into several Eras in time, and adding in Moiras missing 6th Lifetime, we aren't sure where we are exactly. So the pay off comes at the end or near the end.

I'm here for it.
    I really like this, well done.

So Xavier and magneto let the genosha massacre happen

Didn't Hickman himself already do a thing with Xavier in Avengers where he tells Beast about all the crazy stuff and the french toast recipe and then suppresses the memory until Hank triggers it back after seeing his will.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    A lot of these presumptions about when the scene with Magneto on Island M takes place are predicted on it having to be an alternate Moira timeline, not the current one/616. I don't buy that, personally. Further, Magneto is fully armored up in that sequence and knows who Moira is and that she is a renowned mutant researcher - these are things he would know during the UXM 100s-200s, not likely at the very beginning of X-Men history. I still believe that sequence takes place somewhere mid-UXM, pre-200.

Also:

X-Men fans: "Where's the Danger Room?" [or: "Not enough Jean/Emma/Rogue/Remy "]
    Island M first appeared in X-men #4 by Stan and jack

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So Xavier and magneto let the genosha massacre happen
    I don´t remember well but I don´t think the Genosha massacre happened on any of Moira´s lifes except life 10, so either we are seeing them forming an alliance just before Magneto´s redemption arc in the 616 marvel universe and Moira life 10 IS 616 Marvel or we are seeing another of Moira´s timelines.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I finally got around to reading this after being at work all day. I have to say most of it was enjoyable, but it kind of had a place holder feel to it. Maybe because HoX 1 & 2 were so big this just felt small. I did enjoy it overall though and really liked the scenes with Charles/Magneto and Charles/Scott. I wasn't a huge fan of how Logan was portrayed, he seemed kind of dumbed down, not that he is a genius but it just seemed like his lines were there so exposition could happen. Still, this was way more good than bad and I can't wait for more!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

A couple of things that stuck out...

- The parallel missions against "The Machines..." in our "Right About Now" near-future and the future that the "Asteroid K" team is operating in.

- That Apocalypse(whether intentionally or not) has what looks a lot like Horsemen operating alongside the survivor's of the recent mission.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Scott believes in what Xavier is doing. Why should he push back against something he’s fully behind just for the sake of showing off his maturity as a leader?
    I feel like their a certain percentage of Cycke fans who wanted Scott to be the one to be the one to push this whole Krakoa nation and see Xavier as an obsolete relic but the gag is that's not the story Hickman is trying to tell here like previous writers he's re-positioning Xavier, Magneto, and even Moira! As the the center of the X-Men universe but in a way that doesn't erase Scott's time as leadership.

In face I'm pretty sure Scott appreciates this more aggressive approach that Xavier has considering it's similar to how he led during the Decimation Era.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    We also need to remember that mutants and machines have evolved into Post-humans in X^3 and we haven’t quite seen this version of Phalanx in this mode of operation before. The old rules may not apply.

That fact does still concern me though. It left the request for ascension a cliffhanger.

Hmm ... I may need to read more then. My understanding was the mutants are in a losing struggle against the man-machine supremacy ... meaning Nimrod is effectively becoming a world mind that is a result of the Orchis Protocol. Didn't he start assimilating mutants in Powers 1? I'm guessing his data gathering eventually pushes him over into being a massive collective that is then eventually brought to the attention of the Phalanx. I'm not really sure what to make of the beings going for assension at the end. Is that the result of Apocolypse going after Nimrods data and re-purposing him?

This series has a lot going on ...

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Island M first appeared in X-men #4 by Stan and jack
    That was Santo Marco, not the Bermuda Triangle island. Claremont and Cockrum created the Bermuda Triangle island which first appeared (I think) in UNCANNY X-MEN #147.

Can someone give me an overview on which characters appear in this issue?

From what I did read Xavier, Cyclops and Magneto are the main characters in this issue, but who else appeared?

I saw from the previous posts Nimrod, Apocalypse, Greeneto, Tree-Man (either Mondo, Blackk tom, Krakoa or a combo), New-Logan and Moira X appeared as well.