Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This is how I’m choosing to see things for now as well. I believe our 616 exists somewhere but this isn’t it or maybe the 616 is a combination of all the different timelines. It really hard to be set on any theory until that mysterious timeline 6 is finally revealed.
    Exactly. I mean I love reading everyone's theories, but everything we say (me included) could be wrong. It's hard enough to wrap my brain around each issue, let alone try and solve the puzzle and take home the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnerAtComics View Post
    Attachment 85750

Who is this plant X-Men? I believe his the founder of Krakoa among Xavier and Moira. Anyone thinking the same?
    Sentient Krakoa using Cypher's body.

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnerAtComics View Post
    Attachment 85750

Who is this plant X-Men? I believe his the founder of Krakoa among Xavier and Moira. Anyone thinking the same?
    They said that’s Krakoa itself. Sounds like it’s inhabiting Cypher’s body.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Hickman: “The dark, roiling nanotechnology tendrils of the Phalanx hang ominously; ineffably; over the post-human civilisation of Earth as they await its judgment. Will they ascend into galactic intelligence level, or be seeded with the techno-organic virus and left to be garbage collected by a Technarch? Everything now hangs in the balance at the end of this phase of Earth civilisation.”

X-Men fans: “Where is Artie?”
    Lmao

I enjoyed this; ive said i dont like the Moira idea,

But its very engaginng

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I wonder if they'll tie Ultron in with the Phalanx or if the avatar to represent the machines will just be Nimrod.
    Forget that Avengers can opener. He's just Hank Pyms true desires anyway.

Nimrod is surrounded by idiots.
    Its why I find him to be so relatable.

>Wonderful art.
    >Cyclops! Perfection. <3
    >Cyke, X, Mags... Just 3 guys wearing headgear while deciding mutantkind's future.
    >I liked Apocalypse questioning why the machines always rise up against mutants. I wonder, too. Humanity's two offspring fighting it out for dominance/survival? Which is Cain and which is Abel?
    >Nimrod! The bad guy we deserve in these strange and uncertain times.
    >As cool as all this Kardashev future stuff is, I honestly have no emotional investment. There are no characters in that time period unless you count cute Lil Nimrod. I can get excited about a cool sci-fi concept [and I am] but that's about it. I'm sure it'll tie back into mutants/humans/machines but I'm a bit bored with it right now.

Favourite panels...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

R

Hickman: “The dark, roiling nanotechnology tendrils of the Phalanx hang ominously; ineffably; over the post-human civilisation of Earth as they await its judgment. Will they ascend into galactic intelligence level, or be seeded with the techno-organic virus and left to be garbage collected by a Technarch? Everything now hangs in the balance at the end of this phase of Earth

Me: how do u pronounce Magneto?

The digital issue needs a link to an X-men wiki. I love the Phalanx and their group-speak, but I haven't seen them in a comic since 1997 and had to do a side-google while reading. This will read really well in tpb but is kind of frustrating to follow week-by-week.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    New thread: is Charles "X" Xavier thicc now?
    Ugh. Bet he got ab implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Me: how do u pronounce Magneto?
    Has anyone ever pronounced Phalanx right the first try

HouseofX

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I personally think the regular 616 timeline exists either as one of Moira's lives or outside her first 10 lives, but I have no theories, no idea how it's all going to come together.
    It feels very much like Powers of X is showing us various parts of Moira's previous lives. Specifically it seems as if Hickman is showing us key pieces that inform Moira's decision making in 616. It would also explain how she's managed to convince so many big players (Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse) to work together. I definitely don't think the future show in Powers of X is 616. I think it's a "we tried this and it failed so in this next life lets try something different" scenario, as are most of the scenes from Powers of X. But who knows with Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by marseve View Post
    Those familiar with Hickman know that he is just getting started- he has yet to get complicated! All of his previous work was practice to prepare for this...

I think he wants to solidify his name in X-men history, so he his going to make things even crazier...
    Then I'm gonna dip lol. More story telling. Less world building. I want to care about what's happening.

BANNED

A lot of these presumptions about when the scene with Magneto on Island M takes place are predicted on it having to be an alternate Moira timeline, not the current one/616. I don't buy that, personally. Further, Magneto is fully armored up in that sequence and knows who Moira is and that she is a renowned mutant researcher - these are things he would know during the UXM 100s-200s, not likely at the very beginning of X-Men history. I still believe that sequence takes place somewhere mid-UXM, pre-200.

Also:

Hickman: “The dark, roiling nanotechnology tendrils of the Phalanx hang ominously; ineffably; over the post-human civilisation of Earth as they await its judgment. Will they ascend into galactic intelligence level, or be seeded with the techno-organic virus and left to be garbage collected by a Technarch? Everything now hangs in the balance at the end of this phase of Earth civilisation.”
    X-Men fans: "Where's the Danger Room?" [or: "Not enough Jean/Emma/Rogue/Remy "]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Has anyone ever pronounced Phalanx right the first try
    Fey-Lanks? Yes? Maybe?

Brilliant recap, Mr. Cochese!

We also need to remember *possible spoiler if you don’t know*

Phalanx and technarchy can’t assimilate mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Fey-Lanks? Yes? Maybe?
    Fah-lanks. Got to have an unhealthy interest in military history.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Forget that Avengers can opener. He's just Hank Pyms true desires anyway.

Its why I find him to be so relatable.
    Besides, Ultron already had his shot with the Phalanx back in Annihilation: Conquest a decade ago.
    The spider is always on the hunt.