Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

I wonder how Phoenix interacts with the phalanx ascension
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’m actually concerned people will be disappointed if (when) the answers are not insanely complicated multiple timelines that are somehow running in parallel. I mean, when if this really is just a retcon to set up the retcon that X & M have been acting in collusion?
    I'd be actually relieved, didn't like Avengers World ending and all the path to Secret Wars much

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

No idea where this is going, but I’m liking it. It seems like this is a story of evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by drupgyu View Post
    This thought just messed me up about this WHOLE thing and so, I will share it with you all.

Wouldn’t Moira, who is hundreds of years old, be experienced enough to prevent Charles, Magneto and Apocalypse from knowing the fullness of her histories? I mean, isn’t that Psychic Defenses 101 to be able to prevent others from seeing all that you’re thinking and all that you know as well as misdirections? This opens up a lot of different possibilities including who and what she’s working for.

Thoughts?
    I have also had the “what if there’s a Moira heel turn coming up” thought. My personal probably-way-too-complicated theory is that Moira and Charles breaking all the rules involves intentionally conceiving Proteus and Legion, and that that could make Legion killing Destiny (on Muir Island no less) also part of the plan, but why would Moira need to kill Destiny if she’s working for the good of mutantkind? And the scene depicted on that Powers of X #6 cover could represent a few different things depending on what’s behind the cover (I won’t link or describe it just in case anyone is avoiding looking ahead for any reason)

I’m actually concerned people will be disappointed if (when) the answers are not insanely complicated multiple timelines that are somehow running in parallel. I mean, when if this really is just a retcon to set up the retcon that X & M have been acting in collusion?
    I feel like a lot of these theories, while fun in their own way, may be setting some people up not just to be let down by the eventual explanations or lack thereof, but since so many of them involve ignoring or deliberately misreading things that are probably supposed to be simple, it might be really hampering enjoyment of the story as it unfolds. And the ending may be a really satisfying conclusion, but only if you’ve been reading the same story Hickman and co. thought they were telling.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    That is an interesting point about whether or not Cassandra Nova even exists in Moira’s other lives. It seems like she would have to in some form, since you would think her earliest years would be well outside the sphere of Moira’s influence. (Barring a major retcon to her origin.) The more flexible variable seems to me to be whether Magneto had made Genosha such a haven (and consequently a target) in any of her other lives.
    That’s an interesting thought. Magneto could very easily have got frustrated with the long term plan and decided to push for independence earlier. Counting as very much an unforeseen set of actions and consequences.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

23. Your 24th birthday is the day after your 24th year. You’re not one year old during your first year.
    The years are her approximate ages. She is 13 in year 13. You may notice that the line that indicates the year she was born is along a little from the start. So there may be a tiny bit of flexibility but in general we can assume the years are when she is at a particular age.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I know. I have seen this kind of thing so often in theorising. Most recently with Wicdiv. I suspect we have all wildly speculated things and then realised things are not as whacky. We are resilient.

The overall effect on me that I notice, is that as a book like this winds down I start to miss the speculation. Slowly the wilder theories are proven wrong and we end up with a single narrative rather than numerous possibilities. But the ride is worth it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    If I had to guess, Phoenix sees this and is angered and ready to pass judgement. White Phoenix Of the Crown Jean comes and erases the Phalanx and that future haha

On topic... I believe the interraction would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Y'know, this is something that I've been wondering about as well. Considering Hickman has introduced the notion of Ascension -- trying to become immortal through the transmission of minds into new forms -- as well as the specific forms of Worldminds and Phalanxes, it certainly would be interesting to see him incorporate the Phoenix Force into this universal system of survival.

That being said, I can't help but assume that maybe Jean is being called Marvel Girl (and wearing the corresponding costume) because Hickman doesn't want to include anything Phoenix Force-related in this story; maybe it just doesn't fit in with the systems he's utilizing in this story.

But who knows. Every issue introduces new and interesting stuff!

-Pav, who misses the Phoenix costume...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Please, no more Phoenix.
    Let the fire bird rest for 20 years, at least.

Fantastic Member

I believe anybody who thinks that HickMan won't touch Phoenix Force especially now is kidding themselves....

Hickman's original ending for Secret Wars was to use Phoenix Force along with Cyclops and Teen Jean as avatars so as to rebuild the Multiverse. He left before using the Phoenix like he wanted. Now he can do what he wants with the Bird. I would really love to see how he will handle the Cosmic Entity and Jean.

Ascesion for Jean is to become the Cosmic Entity known as the White Phoenix Of the Crown.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We aren't getting POX or HOX this week right?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    We aren't getting POX or HOX this week right?
    We’ll be getting an issue each week. POX3 this week.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We’ll be getting an issue each week. POX3 this week.
    Honestly I was a bit lost, thanks.