Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I absolutely loved this issue. All the dialogue between Xavier and Magneto and Xavier, Scott and Magneto was super engaging and captured all of those characters. I love the reveal of what happened to Cypher's body and the missions of the current and future X-Men has me really excited. I'm also learning so much. POX 2 taught me about the Kardashev Scale and Operation Paperclip. Nimrod The Lesser was funny and the Phalanx intrigues me. I'm still on board.

I agree with what many of the posters have said. I'm not particularly interested in the "future" scenes but the past and present are very intriguing. But knowing Hickman, it will all come together nicely and he's building an intricate world.

Moira, Charles, and Mags have been great together and I'm liking Hickman's Cyclops a lot. He came off as Xavier's top soldier with just a few words. Looking forward to seeing the other X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    He got a new body, essentially. He used to be in a wheelchair at the start of the X-Men. He's recovered at different points, and then wound up back in the chair a few times.

All you need to know is that he recently got better.
    Is Charles still in Fantomex's body?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You know, I forgot those two used to be a really popular 'ship back in the day. How time does fly!

But anyway, NuPyro and Bobby have had a couple of flings, but so far as we know, old school Pyro is straight. But who knows? Maybe Duggan will make a case for authorial intent.
    He was never canonically confirmed as Gay, but St. John Allerdyce, the original Pyro, was indeed intended to be originally.

Check it out here.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    New thread: is Charles "X" Xavier thicc now?
    I've got a team of analysts on the case.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    He's in the same body he returned in Astonishing X-Men, as far as we know, yes, but was never in Fantomex's literal body.
    He's in a rejuvenated form of his own body. Fantomex sacrificed his body to be remade using Proteus's powers into Xavier's own.
    FantomeX.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    He's in the same body he returned in Astonishing X-Men, as far as we know, yes, but was never in Fantomex's literal body.
    He's in a rejuvenated form of his own body. Fantomex sacrificed his body to be remade using Proteus's powers into Xavier's own.
    FantomeX.jpg
    Thanks for the clarification, I thought he just literally took over Fantomex's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Great issue.

Sad seeing people complaining because they didn't get big reveals. Writers these days tend to suck because they think every issues needs to be filled with a big fight. Issues that focus on mythos tend to get dismissed as being boring or character building, but those scenes help in building up so much.

Sometimes I think if the Phoenix Saga was told this day and age, then people would trash it for being slow. The original story took years to tell after all.
    I agree and disagree to an extent if that makes sense lol. Slow build up is great but you do run the risk of losing people’s interest if the build is too slow. At the end of the day these are comics and that old school nostalgic kid in me wants to see some X-men action with a “big fight”. Obviously judging from the the story in POX2 those fights are coming. I do feel Hickman needs to be careful because sometimes there is a such a thing as being too smart for your own good. You do run the risk of the more casual fan losing interest becauSe there’s simply too much to keep up with and too much going on. Granted I’m absolutely eating this series up and it’s by far the best thing I look forward too on Wednesday’s by fAr......but I would find it hard to recommend it to someone looking to start collecting because it’s so easy to end up completely lost during this story.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought he just literally took over Fantomex's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You know, I forgot those two used to be a really popular 'ship back in the day. How time does fly!

But anyway, NuPyro and Bobby have had a couple of flings, but so far as we know, old school Pyro is straight. But who knows? Maybe Duggan will make a case for authorial intent.
    I'm aiming for the next MCU films. I really wanna see they loving each other on big screen. Pyro being a villain makes it even hotter, it's like Kitty and Avalanche on X-Men Evolution Cartoon. )

I wish they could make adult cartoon animated series. The series with human actors doesn't attract me so much as cartoons possibly could make me get addicted.

Spectacular Member

In the story itself they have Old Man Logan make the same mistake and gut him, and then be like "oh no!" when he had no healing factor. It's an extra convoluted resurrection story.

I believe he actually morphed Fantomex’s body into his own. Or something.

For me, it’s far easier to ignore most of the last 10 or so years of x-books and just say he never died.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

*. I like how this is split into four timelines. Props to Hickman et al for telling this story in a way that breezes through.

*. Is it just me or is Erik giving off jilted lover vibes? I know there's subtext between him and Charles, but I think this issue made this a little more explicit.

*. Typical of the X-Men to counter their potential existence with something that will cause their actual existence.

*. I had a WTF moment when I saw Apocalypse's face.

*. I loooove that they are leaning in to some heavy sci-fi tropes. Every time I read/re-read these my mind keeps wandering back to Asimov, Heinlein and space operas of late 70s-mid 80s. Also, the info-dump feels like it belongs to any hard SF novel.
    Last edited by sensormellow; 08-14-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I've got a team of analysts on the case.
    I knew you wouldn't let me down <3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Basically, the only way on for the post-humans of Earth is to ascend, or risk that a scavenger civilisation will one day raid the solar system for Celestial leftovers. Ascending means being subsumed into a galactic scale group intelligence, so the Nimbus World Mind is, in the fishing metaphor, the bait to attract such an intelligence to Sol. Nimbus itself is a machine intelligence based on the minds of 100 post-human minds, upgrading itself to planet size by self-replication, but its importance as an artefact in its own right is actually secondary to its role as a lure.

The arrival of the Phalanx, now a mature group intelligence rather than a pest, indicates that the bait has been taken, and the Phalanx now take interest in the civilisation that creates the world mind they have now absorbed (or “eaten”, as they put it). Except, of course, this is what the Earth civilisation is after.

It’s all very 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    As a Sci-fi horror writer, I like the complexity. Because usually at the end, the solution turns out to be amazingly simple. For people like me, this is crack. For others there's not enough punching.