Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Question that’s been bugging me a bit In regards to that scene with Magento Xavier and Cyclops discussing the mother mold. During it Xavier says this is where Nimrod will be created. Isn’t Nimrod created in the distant future and comes back into the present day Xverse or am I bugging?

Or in this timeline is it that Nimrod will be developed in the “present” day instead as a sort of response to the mutants coming together in ways they never have before ?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Question that’s been bugging me a bit In regards to that scene with Magento Xavier and Cyclops discussing the mother mold. During it Xavier says this is where Nimrod will be created. Isn’t Nimrod created in the distant future and comes back into the present day Xverse or am I bugging?

Or in this timeline is it that Nimrod will be developed in the “present” day instead as a sort of response to the mutants coming together in ways they never have before ?
    Nimrod is a robot and as such there are multiple versions of him

I think that he was saying that it has been so many years (since 80s) this could be the future it comes from...and my understanding is using knowladge of mioria life 9 the know it is when the programming comes on line...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What irked me about that scene is Scott figures out that it's a programme that would for all intents and purposes stay dormant...until some mutant decides to get uppity and power hungry.
    Yet Xavier instructs them to actually carry out an assault on the station, thereby becoming those same uppity mutants, bringing on their own misery.
    I get the nip-it-in-the-bud idea and tactic but...it seems a tad...hasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What irked me about that scene is Scott figures out that it's a programme that would for all intents and purposes stay dormant...until some mutant decides to get uppity and power hungry.
    Yet Xavier instructs them to actually carry out an assault on the station, thereby becoming those same uppity mutants, bringing on their own misery.
    Fight some humans with some sentinal back up now...or wait for armies of sentinals and maybe nimrods to come on line....
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

With everything that mutants have been through, I’m not really surprised at the strike first mentality at this point.

Considering Nimrod is the reason almost 50 students at the school got killed, I would also do a preemptive attack. Plus, a Mother Mold that can make Master Molds that can make hundreds of Sentinels? That should get taken down asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Please, no more Phoenix.
    Let the fire bird rest for 20 years, at least.
    Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. I'd actually go a bit further and say we don't ever need to see the Phoneix Force again. I've never really been a fan of it and all the lore that goes along with it....so much of it is just....odd to me.

However, seeing the scope of what Hickman's doing, and how he seems to be bringing in even relatively minor elements like the Phalanx to be reworked and placed into continuity in a more suitable way.....I have a hard time imagining that he won't do similar with the Phoenix Force. I just hope he pulls it off in the same way he did the Phalanx.

I think it's a bit of both. I think the ORCHIS stuff in HoX#1 showed that the founding of Krakoa was the final straw, so to speak, and they went into operation. I think Orchis and what it's doing is what will lead to the creation of Nimrod. Exactly when Nimrod would come into existence is less sure, but this is how it all starts.

But think it's already begun. It was dormant until Xavier founded Krakoa and sent his message to the humans of the world. The attack isn't the trigger.....the trigger already happened.

I wish Scott would get Reed and Stark on board for this mean it is there stolen tech,and a great excuse for a unity team.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I think it's a bit of both. I think the ORCHIS stuff in HoX#1 showed that the founding of Krakoa was the final straw, so to speak, and they went into operation. I think Orchis and what it's doing is what will lead to the creation of Nimrod. Exactly when Nimrod would come into existence is less sure, but this is how it all starts.

But think it's already begun. It was dormant until Xavier founded Krakoa and sent his message to the humans of the world. The attack isn't the trigger.....the trigger already happened.
    Ahh!
    From that perspective I can definitely see how a preemptive strike might be the preferred action.
    Thanks.
    I just thought that by forming Krakoa and offering the gifts the mutants were taking a more humanitarian approach...trust the humans to frakk up a good thing.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-19-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. I'd actually go a bit further and say we don't ever need to see the Phoneix Force again. I've never really been a fan of it and all the lore that goes along with it....so much of it is just....odd to me.

However, seeing the scope of what Hickman's doing, and how he seems to be bringing in even relatively minor elements like the Phalanx to be reworked and placed into continuity in a more suitable way.....I have a hard time imagining that he won't do similar with the Phoenix Force. I just hope he pulls it off in the same way he did the Phalanx.

Ahhhh ok. Makes sense. Wednesday can’t come soon enough.

One side: opposes the creation of a robot designed to exterminate the whole of their people

Other side: mutants are ‘uppity’ for not wanting to be exterminated. let’s exterminate them!

It’s just a fun superhero story so read it however makes you happy, but as an analogue for anything in real life, I’m pretty sure anyone in history who’s ever suggested a group deserves more oppression for being too ‘uppity’ in how they resist oppression has never been one of the good guys. The mutants are certainly justified here. You could try to say tactical strategy and ideology should be two separate things, but I think at this point they very much overlap: Cyclops knows mutants must be very clear about what they won’t stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    One side: opposes the creation of a robot designed to exterminate the whole of their people

Other side: mutants are ‘uppity’ for not wanting to be exterminated. let’s exterminate them!

It’s just a fun superhero story so read it however makes you happy, but as an analogue for anything in real life, I’m pretty sure anyone in history who’s ever suggested a group deserves more oppression for being too ‘uppity’ in how they resist oppression has never been one of the good guys. The mutants are certainly justified here. You could try to say tactical strategy and ideology should be two separate things, but I think at this point they very much overlap: Cyclops knows mutants must be very clear about what they won’t stand for.
    I definitely agree.
    Which is why I generally don't have an issue with this pro-active stance.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I believe anybody who thinks that HickMan won't touch Phoenix Force especially now is kidding themselves....

Hickman's original ending for Secret Wars was to use Phoenix Force along with Cyclops and Teen Jean as avatars so as to rebuild the Multiverse. He left before using the Phoenix like he wanted. Now he can do what he wants with the Bird. I would really love to see how he will handle the Cosmic Entity and Jean.

Ascesion for Jean is to become the Cosmic Entity known as the White Phoenix Of the Crown.
    Source?
    I don’t doubt but that’s so much different than Secret Wars’ FF4 / Doom Focus.
    Cyclops got taken out awfully early / easy with a neck snap.
    Would enjoy hearing how the X-men weren’t included in the event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Please, no more Phoenix.
    Let the fire bird rest for 20 years, at least.
    Agreed.

Give that Red Chicken a break or at least make it interesting again.