Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was actually thinking about how they could go about making it interesting again...and the only thing I can think of would be to give it it's own form and identity and character and motivation separate and apart from wanting to be bonded with Jean...or anyone else.
    I could see the PF wanting to put what it's learned from Jean and Rachel (mainly) into practice.

Mighty Member

Am I the only one wondering how people have commandeered the incomplete Dyson Sphere that Tony Stark built in Time Runs Out in order to start building Mother Mold, and not a peep from Stark/Illuminati?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Am I the only one wondering how people have commandeered the incomplete Dyson Sphere that Tony Stark built in Time Runs Out in order to start building Mother Mold, and not a peep from Stark/Illuminati?
    Stark was presumed dead, Reed was out of the reality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I believe anybody who thinks that HickMan won't touch Phoenix Force especially now is kidding themselves....

Hickman's original ending for Secret Wars was to use Phoenix Force along with Cyclops and Teen Jean as avatars so as to rebuild the Multiverse. He left before using the Phoenix like he wanted. Now he can do what he wants with the Bird. I would really love to see how he will handle the Cosmic Entity and Jean.

Ascesion for Jean is to become the Cosmic Entity known as the White Phoenix Of the Crown.
    Agreed the Phoenix is way to big of a tease for Hickman not to want to play with and I'm curious to see what he does with it when given the chance.

And yeah everyone is (rightfully) burnt out on the Phoenix but personally I'm more burnout at Marvel's mishandling of the Phoenix for using it as a magical reset button to ignoring it's history with certain characters *cough*AvX*cough*

One of the things I'd like to see Hickman do with the PF is give it some parameters/restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    In other words try not to think to hard about it. You can just assume that the heroes are either woefully incompetent or that a group comprised of the most clandestine organizations in the world managed to pull a wool over everyone's eyes.
    Last edited by loke13; 08-19-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    T'challa? No way this goes down without him/Alpha Flight noticing.

I believe that ORCHIS has some members that came from Alpha Flight.

I bet we'll get a bit more on this topic, but probably not a whole lot. Something like "Sol's Hammer was decommissioned, and then when Stark was preseumed dead, was turned over to Damage Control. Members of ORCHIS have kept the reactivation of the station from the organizations that would normally take an interest."

So stark still ruining things for mutantkind! And with his technology there making nimrod

Astonishing Member

From the looks of things Orchis has been around for awhile at least shortly after Genosha. Also T'challa has been a bit busy dealing with a civil war in his own country, then a reemergence of the old gods, and then finally being trapped in space.

Also Alpha Flight is a part of Orchis. Or at least has some members there.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What irked me about that scene is Scott figures out that it's a programme that would for all intents and purposes stay dormant...until some mutant decides to get uppity and power hungry.
    Yet Xavier instructs them to actually carry out an assault on the station, thereby becoming those same uppity mutants, bringing on their own misery.
    I get the nip-it-in-the-bud idea and tactic but...it seems a tad...hasty.
    It was effectively in moth balls but is now being brought online. Krakoa was enough to kick things off.

It dies feel like they could be more proactive. Clearly they are in some kind of legal dispute but that never stopped them before.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-19-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It was effectively in moth balls but is now being brought online. Krakoa was enough to kick things off.
    Yeah the facility was basically waiting for mutants to hit all 3 of their criteria before activating.

Population, which happened with the reemergence of the X-gene thanks to Avx. Financial, which happened when Xavier bought the 7th largest Pharmaceutical company to produce his drugs. And finally Territory, which was triggered with the founding of the Mutant Nation of Krakoa.