Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I love how Magneto is written here. But I wonder what that Tree Ent Guy meant about someone with the power to communicate with all life but passed away. Did he mean Pro. X?
    I think he was talking about Cypher

Hickman loves Mags. I think he was sad that Mags is a villain and never should be count as X-Man. Now he will have full rights because he started X-men.
    I thik this may be Moira in her Life #10, they join forces but later there was a schism between the three of them, two years before the genocide at Genosha.

My guess

Year 1: Is Moira´s life # 10 after she decided to break all the rules and tell Charles, it leads to them joining Magneto and later Krakoa.

Year 10: Xavier, Magneto and Cyclops, could be still life 10 of Moira or maybe life 11 as Destiny told Moira she could have that if she played her cards right. This may be the main 616 Marvel Universe.

Year 100: Apocalypse´s eternal war, life #9 of Moira. All the X-men were killed by him including Xavier and Magneto and Apocalypse may have forced Sinister to make Clones of them to be his army. He talked about Logan as if he were his "War".

Year 1000: could be where all the timelines led unless there are some changes made before Nimrod is developed hence why Cyclops mission will be vital for everyone.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This sucks, so nest week is powers of X and not house of X. sucks
    whatttt. for real? Bigger twist than the Moira retcon

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    whatttt. for real? Bigger twist than the Moira retcon
    yeah next week is powers of X #3.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This sucks, so nest week is powers of X and not house of X. sucks
    Yeah. The orders double up.

We get POX 2+3
    Then we get HOX 3+4
    Then we go back to equal rotation.

The order is
    • House of X 1
    • Powers of X 1
    • House of X 2
    • Powers of X 2
    • Powers of X 3
    • House of X 3
    • House of X 4
    • Powers of X 4
    • House of X 5
    • Powers of X 5
    • House of X 6
    • Powers of X 6
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    hahaha, fair
    Both ways equally, though. Hickman’s indulging himself with this nerd catnip stuff, but we know it has to lead back to comics about people punching each other eventually.

So is x-men #1 just magneto pretending to be a bad guy to help train the first students of x-men

These lines Hickman is having Cyclops deliver are giving me chills. The comment he made to Sue and Reed about Franklin and now THIS!! THIS is why Cyclops is my favorite character!

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

what does the cover have to do with anything boring issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So is x-men #1 just magneto pretending to be a bad guy to help train the first students of x-men
    Well, considering all the times that Magneto has been able to kill them and has decided not to, would it be so strange?

I remember a What If in which Magneto and Xavier worked together and since there were hardly any enemies to face, the X-Men became weak and self-complacent.

When Apocalypse arrived, he crushed them without difficulty

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    what does the cover have to do with anything boring issue.
    It just looked cool.

The saying "Never judge a book by its cover" has never been more true. I just didn't think they'd take it this far. At some point, it needs to be considered false advertising. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. THe orders double up.

We get POX 2+3
    Then we get HOX 3+4
    Then we go back to equal rotation.

The order is
    • House of X 1
    • Powers of X 1
    • House of X 2
    • Powers of X 2
    • Powers of X 3
    • House of X 3
    • House of X 4
    • Powers of X 4
    • House of X 5
    • Powers of X 5
    • House of X 6
    • Powers of X 6
    I just figured they were releasing them in the order at the back of the books and didn’t bother checking the dates lol..played myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Both ways equally, though. Hickman’s indulging himself with this nerd catnip stuff, but we know it has to lead back to comics about people punching each other eventually.
    Agreed. there’s more than enough room for both in my heart of hearts. I trust him to walk the balance

We don't know exactly how that all came about given what we're learning here. A schism between Xavier and Magneto is mentioned in the timeline, so perhaps that's meant to explain their rivalry in established continuity....but I don't recall if the the proposed timing of it works out.

I think this, as with many other things in this series, is going to be revealed in time.

Edited to add: Actually, thinking about the timing of this scene....while it certainly felt like it was something that happened right after Moira first confronted Xavier as we saw earlier in the series, I don't know if that's the case. That was their first meeting. Here, Magneto already knows who Moira is.....so she's further along in her career than she was in her meeting with Charles. Also, Magneto is at his island base, which I recall from Uncanny X-Men #150. If this was in the earliest days of the X-Men, then his base would have been Asteroid M.

So I think they approached Magneto much later on after the X-Men had been founded and had clashed with Magneto and the Brotherhood several times.
    Last edited by hawkeyefan; 08-14-2019 at 08:57 AM.

The Red Dragon

Eh Im already tired of the time jumps and wish we’d just stick to the present. Probably going to drop this if the actual Xmen arent more prominent.

X0 could be the missing Life 6. They only showed Magneto 5 life failures. Seems X2 (the War) is Life Nine late in the Apocalypse War and Moira is in the sarcophagus Apocalypse was touching. Likely to keep her alive long enough for them to get this information about Nimrod to send into Life Ten. Not sure how the Ascension part in X3 ties into the present day story yet.
    Last edited by JamJams; 08-14-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I dont think this is the main continuity it could just be one of Moira´s past life it´s that or yes this was a retcon and now Charles and Magneto were working together with Moira for years and X-men #1 was their Schism.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022