Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wolverine, Jean, Monet, Husk and Archangel.
    Nightcrawler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Eh Im already tired of the time jumps and wish we’d just stick to the present. Probably going to drop this if the actual Xmen arent more prominent.
    They arent needed. This is above them in scale.

Another fantastic issue, this is tremendous fun and I really, really hope that Hickman doesn‘t falter like Snyder with his Court of Owls, having a strong start and then crashing down.
    Can‘t wait for the trade.

Amazing Member

Could the flashback with Moira, Xavier, and Magneto take place right before Magneto turned good in the 1980s? Maybe this is the retcon on why Magneto decided to be good, face trial, and join the X-Men in the 80s.

Then Magneto flipped out in the 1991 X-Men Mutant Genesis arc over the revelation that Moira altered his DNA, and later concluded that everything else she said earlier was a lie to turn him good also.

Xavier knowing about Moira the whole time doesn't hold on closer scrutiny though. None of the past issues make sense with the retcon unless he suppressed the memory or something.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Big yes to the poster above me, definitely that's the timeline recon here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They are Apocalypse and Moira, this could also explain why Moira talks about Rasputin while she´s revealing to Xavier all her past lifes.

But how could possible the fake Nightcraler and Magik be so important to the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    But how could possible the fake Nightcraler and Magik be so important to the past?
    Nothing says that those cards actually exist. They could just be a visual storytelling device.

Indeed, I read them as real at first and then on the third reading I suddenly realised this wasn't a time travel story at all and they just faded into being a device.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with this not being the actual timeline for the MU we know? Literally nothing suggests it isn't. Everything makes sense without M11.
    I think perhaps you have me confused with another poster? I haven't really said anything about any of the times we're seeing being anything but the main timeline until this one post. And definitely nothing about Moira XI. If saying in one post that something may be possible is me being obsessed, then okay dude.

As for "literally nothing" suggesting that as a possibility, you are wrong. The presence of the sarcophagus that Apocalypse has at Asteroid K indicates some kind of "mummified" Moira may be in there. And if so, that could coincide with the lack of ending to her timeline in life 9, and with the opening quote in HoX #2 where Apocalypse promises to make her "something eternal". His goal here seems to be obtaining the information hinted at in the data the others stole and he describes this as being worth the lives of all of his companions. It is worth that much. Perhaps because he can share this data with Moira, and she can then use that knowledge in her next life? I'd say that is a possible interpretation.

Agree or disagree, that's fine, but there is literally nothing that says it cannot be so.

Now, it's certainly possible that all of this is still Moira life 10, I'm not saying it can't be. My reading of it prior to this issue is that we are seeing different eras all of the same timeline, and that it would be Moira X and the 616. That's been my viewing of it, this is all in continuity and is the continuity we know.

This issue made me question that certainty.

And I don't think it is certain. I don't think we can definitively say one way or another, even if I lean that way myself.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Nothing says that those cards actually exist. They could just be a visual storytelling device.

Indeed, I read them as real at first and then on the third reading I suddenly realized this wasn't a time travel story at all and they just faded into being a device.
    I have no doubt that its just a storytelling device, but the fact that she is mentioning those two specifically to charles is giving them more weight.

but they seem like pawns in the future, Apocalypse or the black brain chick so far seem much more remarkable to mention.

Amazing Member

Why are you so obsessed with this not being the actual timeline for the MU we know? Literally nothing suggests it isn't. Everything makes sense without M11.
    I have to think that Hickman will have some explanation as to the gap between Uncanny 23 and HOX 1, whether it alternate timeline (m11) or just a six month gap or pod people cause there is no way the Cyclops we know now would just still playing overgrown, order-following boy scout soldier to Prof X and Mags. He became their equal, not just their version of No 1 Riker.

I kinda hate this Cyclops. Cocky and yet a "how high" bootlicker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    I have to think that Hickman will have some explanation as to the gap between Uncanny 23 and HOX 1, whether it alternate timeline (m11) or just a six month gap or pod people cause there is no way the Cyclops we know now would just still playing overgrown, order-following boy scout soldier to Prof X and Mags. He became their equal, not just their version of No 1 Riker.

Well as a life long Cyclops fan I think he is awesome here, so clearly we don't see eye to eye on how he is being portrayed.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Scott believes in what Xavier is doing. Why should he push back against something he’s fully behind just for the sake of showing off his maturity as a leader?

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Cyke didn't take orders. He listened to the problem then said he would solve it. Periodt.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Could the flashback with Moira, Xavier, and Magneto take place right before Magneto turned good in the 1980s? Maybe this is the retcon on why Magneto decided to be good, face trial, and join the X-Men in the 80s.
    I thought that was when it was supposed to take place based on the TL. I think you're right. So it would be right before Uncanny 200, or thereabouts.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post

Then Magneto flipped out in the 1991 X-Men Mutant Genesis arc over the revelation that Moira altered his DNA, and later concluded that everything else she said earlier was a lie to turn him good also.

Xavier knowing about Moira the whole time doesn't hold on closer scrutiny though. None of the past issues make sense with the retcon unless he suppressed the memory or something.
    You are right this, explains Magneto´s presence with the X-men before his trial and adds an extra reason why he felt so betrayed by Moira. Maybe we will see more scenes of Moira and Xavier to explain past issues better I was reading about the "Xavier protocols" that Moira had and this explains why Xavier only trusted her to keep them.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ok so I’ve been absolutely in love with this series since the start. 3 mind blowing previous issues with HOX2 being probably one of the best single issue read rollercoasters I’ve experienced in a long time. That being said, I felt this was the weakest issue of the bunch. I just feel the the last issue set the bar impossibly high. I still really enjoyed the issue and have to give it another read trough but things did get a bit confusing and I felt a bit disconnected in this issue. Hard to explain but I didn’t feel as engaged with the story as I had previously.

Still confused as to the timeline situations because I personally feel that they are making it obvious that this is a different timeline other then the 616 timeline we’ve been exposed to through the years. I know that others feel differently and believe that this is the 616 universe. Whatever the case hoping next week things pick up a bit more because I am craving some more “familiar” characters....