Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    No. That was a forever war, this isn't, and why would we assume X^2 was in a different timeline to X^1?
    Because the former issue kind of said so. I remain unconvinced, but it is a possibily. Mostly because Moira cannot see the future.

TCB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Literally nothing? There's a lot to indicate that the future being depicted is Life 9.
    Yes and no. That's the "beauty" of what Hickman is doing. It sure seems like it's Life 9, but there is a strong possibility that it's also our "current" future in Life 10 (or even 4). Perhaps there is something Moira learned about eternal life in Life 9 from Apocalypse that allows her to bring Logan and Mags to the fight in Life 10?

And Moira also had knowledge of the Ascension Tower and Chimeras. I still think HOXPOX primary events are set in the 616, but Moira had to get that knowledge from one of her lives.

Spectacular Member

No. That was a forever war, this isn't, and why would we assume X^2 was in a different timeline to X^1?
    We wouldn't just assume it, not one here is doing that. We're looking at the myriad of hints that show shared elements from Life 9 and the future depicted, not the least of which is this in PoX #1 on the Surviving Mutants page.Powers Of X 01 (of 06)-036.jpg

[ML_09........(APOC_build)] probably isn't meaningless, it's the only timeline that makes any mention of the X-Men by name in all of Moira's lives, and the Mutant leadership that was overthrown by Sinister is conspicuously never named.

To say it's definitely Life 9 wouldn't make sense, but to say that people are just making wild assumptions is false, we're getting it from the narrative.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Do we know for Sire the 4 x-men from 100+ are Wolverine, Magneto, Black Tom and ? Or do we guess?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Yeah, their history in the comics is not really relevant. You know that they’re a super advanced machine intelligence and people want to join them. When you think about it, it makes no sense for such a group to absorb others by destructive assimilation. They don’t have to feed, but they do need to grow and learn by incorporating and preserving more unique perspectives.
    In one simple gesture we have the entire reason for the T-O virus to exist, a more clear context for the Technarchy that cleverly allows any weird variation we have seen to be from a different Technarchy and a clear and understandable Phalanx that fits in with our theories about advanced civilizations.

Not only do we have enough to understand what is going on in this issue, it helps us better organise years worth of weird and convoluted canon and alt-futures.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

They said specifically in House of X 2 she didn't even know she might be a Mutant until right before she went to see Charles and died in life 2. If she'd been familiar with Mutants in both that and the previous life, and determined she had these powers much earlier, why would she only figure it out after Xavier revealed himself to the world as a Mutant?

The direct implication is that Moira was unaware of the Mutant struggle in her first life, and second up until that point.
    If you live an entire life, then you're suddenly back in the womb and re-living the same life you're going to think you have a serious case of deja vu, had some kind of divine intervention or you're going crazy. But that wouldn't mean she didn't see Magneto getting arrested for doing Magneto stuff.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Do we know for Sire the 4 x-men from 100+ are Wolverine, Magneto, Black Tom and ? Or do we guess?
    We don't know. I think it's Wolverine, a chimera with Polaris's DNA, and this issue suggests to me that it's Krakoa having taken over a Chimera that had Cypher's powers, or Cypher's body itself somehow, as the plant-person says this issue that he's using the body of dead Mutant that could communicate with anything. If it were a Chimera with Doug's translation abilities and either Mondo or Black Tom's plant-based . powers as well, it could explain him.

I enjoy HoX immensely, but PoX is just too impersonal for my taste so far.

We wouldn't just assume it, not one here is doing that. We're looking at the myriad of hints that show shared elements from Life 9 and the future depicted, not the least of which is this in PoX #1 on the Surviving Mutants page.Powers Of X 01 (of 06)-036.jpg

[ML_09........(APOC_build)] probably isn't meaningless, it's the only timeline that makes any mention of the X-Men by name in all of Moira's lives, and the Mutant leadership that was overthrown by Sinister is conspicuously never named.

To say it's definitely Life 9 wouldn't make sense, but to say that people are just making wild assumptions is false, we're getting it from the narrative.
    I don't see it in the narrative I see a tiny shred of evidence in a text page that could ultimately come from another reality anyway without disrupting this story. It is inconclusive and makes huge assumptions.

Why would Hickman bother to build all of this if it is ultimately going to be wiped out by a reset in 8 issues time? It would not only be counterproductive it would be a betrayal of our time and effort. That's not going to happen. It would also make a nonsense of her plan. Everything we have seen of her motivation is about survival in the universe we are seeing in the story.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    go off king

Daaaamn. I felt that.

Not one month in and X-Dad is already outlining for us mortals how to form a collective galaxy brain. Of course, only Rick & Morty viewers like me with Omega-level IQs can even begin to fathom the depths of continuity and science on display.

altho i completely blanked that the techmalarky is warlock and friends because they only get used once every 3000 years jajajajajaja
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mapangahas View Post
    Daaaamn. I felt that.
    X-Men Animated Series Theme intensifies

More Xorn please. he's amazing and I would die for him.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don't see it in the narrative I see a tiny shred of evidence in a text page that could ultimately come from another reality anyway without disrupting this story. It is inconclusive and makes huge assumptions.

Why would Hickman bother to build all of this if it is ultimately going to be wiped out by a reset in 8 issues time? It would not only be counterproductive it would be a betrayal of our time and effort. That's not going to happen. It would also make a nonsense of her plan. Everything we have seen of her motivation is about survival in the universe we are seeing in the story.
    It wasn´t clear how and when Moira died in life 9 so I agree that maybe Apocalypse is sending her information to her life 10 because if she´s in the Sarcophagus, then maybe she isn´t dead or alive but in an state that allows her to have another life while receiving future information from her memories. Her life 9 and 10 are connected as there´s a clear relation between Mystique and Rasputin getting information about Nimrod, this way she joins the efforts of Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse to make sure mutants survive and thrive this time around, maybe that´s her way of breaking all the rules imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022