Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It wasn´t clear how and when Moira died in life 9 so I agree that maybe Apocalypse is sending her information to her life 10 because because if she´s in the Sarcophagus, then maybe she isn´t dead or alive but in an state that allows her to have another life while receiving future information from her memories. Her life 9 and 10 are connected as there´s a clear relation between Mystique and Rasputin getting information about Nimrod, this way she joins the efforts of Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse to make sure mutants survive and thrive this time around, maybe that´s her way of breaking all the rules imo.
    That’s not bad. I noticed the sarcophagus, and we were expecting 2 more mutants on Asteroid K this week.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I don't see it in the narrative I see a tiny shred of evidence in a text page that could ultimately come from another reality anyway without disrupting this story. It is inconclusive and makes huge assumptions.

Why would Hickman bother to build all of this if it is ultimately going to be wiped out by a reset in 8 issues time? It would not only be counterproductive it would be a betrayal of our time and effort. That's not going to happen. It would also make a nonsense of her plan. Everything we have seen of her motivation is about survival in the universe we are seeing in the story.
    There are several other elements that line up across the story that connect Life 09 and the futures of PoX. It isn't conclusive, that's why it's just a theory that myself and many others are seeing as plausible. I disagree completely it's a wild assumption to look at a clue in the data pages and then look at the information being presented to us in the rest of the story and seeing how it lines up.

And I think he's building this to inform what he's doing in the present day through Moira's past life. I think it it's exactly what he described it would be, no time travel, and no alternate dimensions. These are all one Moira's past lives, not alternate or parallel lives, because the universe started over. I don't think it'd be a betrayal at all, I think it would be a brilliant way for Moira to learn lessons from potential futures and use her powers to try to correct past mistakes. And your last two sentences make no sense. How would her plan be nonsense if it were about using a lesson she just learned? If everything we've seen about her motivation is about surviving that future, it only makes sense that she's already lived through it, because that's how her powers work.

Boring. Least interesting of the issues

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I can't be compelled to care about anything after X^1.

X^0? Cool
    X^1? Awesome

X^2-X^3? I don't care, these guys are as interesting as Ex Nihilo, aka not at all.
    HA! so forgot about Ex Nihlio

So Mother Mold is a... a... a METAL MOMMA

I AM BECOME HICKMAN
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    That’s not bad. I noticed the sarcophagus, and we were expecting 2 more mutants on Asteroid K this week.
    They are Apocalypse and Moira, this could also explain why Moira talks about Rasputin while she´s revealing to Xavier all her past lifes.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

They are Apocalypse and Moira, this could also explain why Moira talks about Rasputin while she´s revealing to Xavier all her past lifes.

They’d only have to wake her and tell her stuff before she dies, too. If your theory is correct, maybe X^3 doesn’t work out and ML-X is an attempt to right it? Still, it seems needlessly complicated in an already convoluted series that requires multiple diagrams just to say “Later...” and explain what that even means.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    They’d only have to wake her and tell her stuff before she dies, too. If your theory is correct, maybe X^3 doesn’t work out and ML-X is an attempt to right it? Still, it seems needlessly complicated in an already convoluted series that requires multiple diagrams just to say “Later...” and explain what that even means.
    Is just a theory and is very possible next week Hickman adds something no one is expecting still I believe that in the end Moira will be the link that joins all the events past, present and future otherwise it would not make sense for her to know that information or for Hickman to give her that powerset.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

It wasn´t clear how and when Moira died in life 9 so I agree that maybe Apocalypse is sending her information to her life 10 because if she´s in the Sarcophagus, then maybe she isn´t dead or alive but in an state that allows her to have another life while receiving future information from her memories. Her life 9 and 10 are connected as there´s a clear relation between Mystique and Rasputin getting information about Nimrod, this way she joins the efforts of Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse to make sure mutants survive and thrive this time around, maybe that´s her way of breaking all the rules imo.
    My point is that it's a theory. But it's a theory that makes a mockery of the story. QED its not likely.

The theory basically claims that the four timelines in PoX are not the same timeline.
    We know from the timelines that House of X is in year 52 of timeline 10 so why would we have a story in four times where two are in one timeline and two are in another?

We see links between the times:
    ^0 shows the plan being put together and points to ^1 where Magneto and Charles are working together on a grand project.
    ^1 shows Krakoa and points to ^2 where the plants are in use, No-Place exists and an offshoot of Krakoa exists on an asteroid.
    ^2 shows Cylobel and Nimrod and points to ^3 where Cylobel still exists and Nimrod has evolved.

Not to mention we have seen the T-O virus in ^1,2,3

Why jump to a conclusion that breaks this continuity? Is it just because people don't want to know the far future? Far futures have always been a theme. So has the T-O Virus and its role in potentially destroying mankind.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    These lines Hickman is having Cyclops deliver are giving me chills. The comment he made to Sue and Reed about Franklin and now THIS!! THIS is why Cyclops is my favorite character!
    I like confident swagger Cyclops.

Is just a theory and is very possible next week Hickman adds something no one is expecting still I believe that in the end Moira will be the link that joins all the events past, present and future otherwise it would not make sense for her to know that information or for Hickman to give her that powerset.
    Absolutely she is. If we assume that every time she dies the universe gets rewound then PoX is the story of how she escapes this curse by transcending time and at the same time ensures a future for the children of humanity.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I feel like Hickman is creating a X-Men version of the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook. - I do love the world-building!
    -
    Hickman said that he would love to write Teen Titans also- that would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    My point is that it's a theory. But it's a theory that makes a mockery of the story. QED its not likely.

The theory basically claims that the four timelines in PoX are not the same timeline.
    We know from the timelines that House of X is in year 52 of timeline 10 so why would we have a story in four times where two are in one timeline and two are in another?

We see links between the times:
    ^0 shows the plan being put together and points to ^1 where Magneto and Charles are working together on a grand project.
    ^1 shows Krakoa and points to ^2 where the plants are in use, No-Place exists and an offshoot of Krakoa exists on an asteroid.
    ^2 shows Cylobel and Nimrod and points to ^3 where Cylobel still exists and Nimrod has evolved.

Not to mention we have seen the T-O virus in ^1,2,3

Why jump to a conclusion that breaks this continuity? Is it just because people don't want to know the far future? Far futures have always been a theme. So has the T-O Virus and its role in potentially destroying mankind.
    I also saw ^1,2,3 as one timeline and part of Moira life 10 it´s just that the new information from HoX/PoX #2 lead me to see the possibility of them being part of different timelines, I agree it may be too convoluted but I don´t think this makes a mockery of the story, it just introduces the idea that to know and understand Moira entire life we need to consider all 10 of her lifes not just the last one.

Absolutely she is. If we assume that every time she dies the universe gets rewound then PoX is the story of how she escapes this curse by transcending time and at the same time ensures a future for the children of humanity.
    I agree all roads lead to Moira and she´s in the cover of PoX #6 the last and more important in the series.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2019 at 10:32 AM.

This makes me excited for X-Men movies! I think the Shi'ar should appear in the first movie! Cosmic Sci-fi is a great direction!

Spectacular Member

Hey, everyone if you didn't understand what's happening, I can tell you it's EASY. I can see what Hickman was planing: he said Cypher(Douglas Ramsey) is important in all this mess. With the nimbus and all the crazy stuffs in this issue it's clear that the plan is resurrecting the mutants via the Phalanx. See? It's not so complicated! So, my opinion is that Dawn of X will be the last time the mutants will be in the same age of other superhumans and their adventures will be featured in the future(post Dawn of X)!