Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Then I'm gonna dip lol. More story telling. Less world building. I want to care about what's happening.
    The thing is, to many of us this is storytelling. It’s not linear and it’s fragmented, but it’s telling a unified story with interesting characters who have clear and compelling motivations. Yes it is a little dryer than some comics, and it’s more rarified in its pace, but that’s Hickman. People made these complaints all through his Avengers run, but it stands as one of my favourite runs of the last decade.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by drupgyu View Post
    Brilliant recap, Mr. Cochese!

We also need to remember *possible spoiler if you don’t know*

Phalanx and technarchy can’t assimilate mutants.
    We also need to remember that mutants and machines have evolved into Post-humans in X^3 and we haven’t quite seen this version of Phalanx in this mode of operation before. The old rules may not apply.

That fact does still concern me though. It left the request for ascension a cliffhanger.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Fah-lanks. Got to have an unhealthy interest in military history.
    Nothing unhealthy about military history.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    A lot of these presumptions about when the scene with Magneto on Island M takes place are predicted on it having to be an alternate Moira timeline, not the current one/616. I don't buy that, personally. Further, Magneto is fully armored up in that sequence and knows who Moira is and that she is a renowned mutant researcher - these are things he would know during the UXM 100s-200s, not likely at the very beginning of X-Men history. I still believe that sequence takes place somewhere mid-UXM, pre-200.
    I absolutely know nothing for sure (so I probably shouldn't even respond) but: Moira was "Dr. MacTaggert" world renowned scientist/physician/researcher by the time Charlie recruited the first X-Men team. She had been estranged from Xavier (this is 616 continuity) but rejoined him and fielded her own team of young mutants just before Magneto attacked Cape Citadel. There's a scene of her and Xavier watching a monitor that shows Magnus casing Cape Citadel and Xavier is wondering what he's up to (was it in UNCANNY #300, when the acolytes captured Moira?). Year X-0 is the first year of the X-Men, not the first years of Xavier and Moira's relationship. So I'm guessing she wanted to earn her reputation, wanted to form the X-Men in some manner that ensured success in the future, lay the groundwork for Krakoa, get all this done before Magneto attacked the world, before he drove himself psychotic, so they could recruit him just in time. This is just my impression, but to me it seemed the point was to stop the war, the rivalry, between Xavier and Magneto. By the time of UXM #148, a LOT of war has already occurred!

Also, the timeline thing again: If this is Moira's 10th life, there is a problem with her age-timeline in that, it says she and Xavier recruited Magneto when she was 43 years old, and the schism takes place when she is 47. But in PoX #2, by year X-1, at least 10 years have gone by--maybe more--and Xavier and Magneto are still allies. So is Moira's 10th life actually 616 and the story we're seeing in Hox/Pox is another timeline altogether? I have no idea.

X-Men fans: "Where's the Danger Room?" [or: "Not enough Jean/Emma/Rogue/Remy "]
    But what's wrong with that? X-MEN are super hero comic books. We're supposed to be having fun, enjoying our favorite characters. Kids, young adults, older adults like me. I found some of Hickman's 1,000-year stuff interesting but I kept thinking, *Why doesn't he write a science fiction novel and get this out of his system.* This is a super hero science fiction comic book and I've oft complained of the lack of "science fiction" in the X-MEN but now maybe there's a lack of "super hero" -- the pendulum has swung too far the other way.

I will say though, despite my anxiety and genuine upset with all these continuity blotches, and my deep dislike of what Mr. Hickman has done to Moira, the books are great reads, and the details are so interesting. One of the best things about POWERS OF X #2 was how Hickman wormed his way into X-MEN continuity regarding the Phalanx and Techno-organic virus, the Technarc, Warlock and Magus and created a coherent backstory using all the elements without violating X-continuity.

Default 8 mutants at Krakoa.

In the end of PoX #1 it says theres 8 mutants at Asteroid-K. But i just found 7 until now.

Rasputin and Cardinal

Screenshot_2.jpg

Wolverine, Magneto, Xorn and Krakoa.

Screenshot_3.jpg

And now on PoX #2 Apocalypse is the leader of them.

Screenshot_6.jpg

So 1 is missing.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This was great but It needs more Jean and Storm, even Cyclops and Wolverine have been side characters. need more of them too doing more than obeying orders.

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnerAtComics View Post
    In the end of PoX #1 it says theres 8 mutants at Asteroid-K. But i just found 7 until now.

Rasputin and Cardinal

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

So 1 is missing.
    Here says its 8 mutants at Asteroid-K.

Actually, Krakoa is different on PoX #1 to PoX #2 too. A yellow crown appeared lol

Screenshot_7.jpg Screenshot_8.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg

Rasputin and Cardinal

So 1 is missing.
    Yes. That’s why some are guessing Moira. It makes sense. Whatever timeline it is she probably needs to be alive. Personally I am still holding out for Franklin

The lack of X-men characters during this has probably been my biggest issue with the series and that’s coming from someone who’s absolutely in love with this series. There’s still plenty to go in this series though so I’m holding out hope for some old school X-men action

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post

Also, the timeline thing again: If this is Moira's 10th life, there is a problem with her age-timeline in that, it says she and Xavier recruited Magneto when she was 43 years old, and the schism takes place when she is 47. But in PoX #2, by year X-1, at least 10 years have gone by--maybe more--and Xavier and Magneto are still allies. So is Moira's 10th life actually 616 and the story we're seeing in Hox/Pox is another timeline altogether? I have no idea.
    The time stamps are far more flexible than you give them credit for. If we take X^0 to be when the X-Men were founded then that time stamp could be a range plus or minus five years from that moment.

This also has a knock on to events marked X^1 which could be anything from say 6 to 12 years later.

By the time we are X^100 we could be talking 60-500 years after the start of the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes. That’s why some are guessing Moira. It makes sense. Whatever timeline it is she probably needs to be alive. Personally I am still holding out for Franklin

I’m actually leaning more towards it being Franklin as well. Would be a cool little twist. Miora would be too obvious of a choice. However that could work if the theory of the X3 timeline is timeline 9 in which she seemingly hadn’t “died” somehow or was granted “immortality” by apocalypse.
    Last edited by RD155; 08-14-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m actually leaning more towards it being Franklin as well. Would be a cool little twist. Miora would be too obvious of a choice. However that could work if the theory of the X3 timeline is timeline 9 in which she seemingly hadn’t “died” somehow or was granted “immortality” by apocalypse.
    I am totally discounting any theories that suggest such things. Mostly for my own sanity.

The time stamps are far more flexible than you give them credit for. If we take X^0 to be when the X-Men were founded then that time stamp could be a range plus or minus five years from that moment.

This also has a knock on to events marked X^1 which could be anything from say 6 to 12 years later.

By the time we are X^100 we could be talking 60-500 years after the start of the X-Men.
    I think on X^0 the X stands for 10 in the roman numerals. so

X^0 = 1
    X^1 = 10
    X^2 = 100
    X^3 = 1000

I am totally discounting any theories that suggest such things. Mostly for my own sanity.
    There’s no way anyone will have any sanity left by the time this story is over. Just give in....

I think on X^0 the X stands for 10 in the roman numerals. so

X^0 = 1
    X^1 = 10
    X^2 = 100
    X^3 = 1000
    They are orders of magnitude not exact numbers.