Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    True but it was still (mostly) told in the way of a traditional comic book in my opinion much less info cards, graphs/charts, and blocks of paragraphs. It's like the holy lovechild between a comic book and an encyclopedia and I love it!
    Well try reading The Nightly News.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Incredible Member

There's something I wanted to ask. In last week's issue of HoX we have those lives laid out in lines (I don't like calling them timelines, because they should each be the same time I guess), and in life number 5 there is a broken line between where Moira was put in a coma during the sentinel attack and where she dies. There are two dots, which I think represents the deaths and activation of her power, then we see no detail on life 6. Then we rattle forward to life 9 and there is again a broken line but this time with no dots representing a death. This intrigues me, and I wonder if there are effectively two Moiras in life 6, but I am inferring from what I have seen that Moira 9 is not dead and we also have Moira 10 because somehow she is in a coma again during the Apocalypse war. Is this perhaps why we have no details of life 6 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    ATM the only villain that is being featured that hasn't had his own direct redemption arc is Apocalypse, but he would never have one just by the nature of his character and that's the very same nature that will make everyone not trust him. However, indirectly Apocalypse has been dealt with morally when they introduced Evan. Sabretooth, Magneto, Mystique, etc have had plenty of stories in the past where they've either been forced or circumstances had them working with the X-Men and they dealt with their past deeds.

You are correct that human representation in the story has mostly gone out the window but narratively it went out the window because the X-Men stories started to drift away from Xavier's dreams in the early 2000s then went right out the window during Decimation. It only recently started moving slightly back towards it with the Jean Grey institute stuff and X-Men but for the most part it was still post-Decimation narrative. Now in Hickman's era we're getting another paradigm change and we'll see how much human perspective is really needed in the new mutant/human/machine struggle.
    Yes I never intentioned to lay this on Hickman to that degree. He is just buidling upon what has been done for years. I just realized it reading it yesterday how it has shifted with Hickman just taking things one more step. I'm also a tad bit nervouss and curious on what he will do with Omega Sentinel. A character known for her inviduality in a story that more and more seems to be about larger collectives.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I read the issue. I honestly have no idea what's happening in the 1000 years later story. Hickman has 8 more issues tho.
    "Cable was right!"

The point of Year 1000 is to show that the final destiny of mutantkind is to be evolved into epic gamers who destroy the universe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

What if doing life 10 “right” means she ends up end up in a previous life/reality where she already died with all memories of her previous 10 intact. Assuming, of course, those realities even still exist once she’s reborn again.

Maybe the reason we haven’t seen the 6th life is because it’s tied to 10. Or possibly 9 since the same basic concept could apply to life 9 too. Though it’s also possible we weren’t shown life 6 is because it’s just a distraction to keep the readers talking while Hickman is working towards something else.

Life 6 is where she remembered the lotto numbers and lived as a spoiled rich brat ignoring mutants
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

The Year 1000 stuff isn't that interesting right now, especially running alongside the year 1/10 stuff but we've only had a few pages devoted to it. It probably won't come together until the final issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    There's something I wanted to ask. In last week's issue of HoX we have those lives laid out in lines (I don't like calling them timelines, because they should each be the same time I guess), and in life number 5 there is a broken line between where Moira was put in a coma during the sentinel attack and where she dies. There are two dots, which I think represents the deaths and activation of her power, then we see no detail on life 6. Then we rattle forward to life 9 and there is again a broken line but this time with no dots representing a death. This intrigues me, and I wonder if there are effectively two Moiras in life 6, but I am inferring from what I have seen that Moira 9 is not dead and we also have Moira 10 because somehow she is in a coma again during the Apocalypse war. Is this perhaps why we have no details of life 6 yet?
    I think it's nothing quite so dramatic. Life 9 we don't know the "end" of because there are likely implications that effect what Life 10 has become. It's also possible that the 100th power storyline is Life 9 and since she knows what will happen there she's spending Life 10 trying to inform decisions to help prevent that from happening. As far as Life 6 goes... who knows? It's fun to guess really, but it needs to be something that would have effected what she did in the lives afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    The Year 1000 stuff isn't that interesting right now, especially running alongside the year 1/10 stuff but we've only had a few pages devoted to it. It probably won't come together until the final issue.
    With Hickman there is a chance Xmen 17 a year and a hlf from now will make us look back and say "oh...now i get it"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    - Percival’s ability to make them invisible to machines makes me wonder if Hickman is working in Roma / the Siege Perilous somehow. Oh whoops, after googling some Arthurian legend that’s definitely the case and may have been obvious to anyone who knows that stuff as well as X-Men. The name “Siege Perilous” refers to an empty seat in King Arthur’s round table, and apparently Percival was a knight associated with that seat. In X-Men lore, Roma was the daughter of Marvel’s Merlyn who resurrected the X-Men in Australia after Fall of the Mutants, and made them invisible to technology indefinitely (basically until writers forgot about it.) She gave them a gem called the Siege Perilous which was able to open a portal through which anyone could escape their life, be judged, and potentially spat out elsewhere with a new life. (X-Men comics got pretty weird in the late 80’s.) I doubt any of this will be important to know but what a weird pull for Hickman.
    It's a cool theory. But it's not new-readers-friendly.

But maybe Hickman find a way to make it like the Phalanx thing -- giving a completely new meaning for Phalanx Covenant but not harming the experience of those who have not read it.

Knowing Hickman, we won't find out about Life 6 until 3 years from now...

it will be a new series called House of VI, or Moira VI

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes I never intentioned to lay this on Hickman to that degree. He is just buidling upon what has been done for years. I just realized it reading it yesterday how it has shifted with Hickman just taking things one more step. I'm also a tad bit nervouss and curious on what he will do with Omega Sentinel. A character known for her inviduality in a story that more and more seems to be about larger collectives.
    I think she infiltrated that organization and was the one who told the X-Men the location of the information that Xavier sent Mystique/Toad/Sabretooth to get. To me it makes the most sense on how they knew to look for it to begin with. Cyclops' group will pick her up when they do their assault to take down Mother Mold.

Occurs to me that at least a page of X^3 was basically just this:

Possibly the whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    If you don't find a group of time changed, familiar mutants combined with two new and cool chimera mutants getting ready to raid a human/machine civilisation under the leadership of Apocalypse, possibly heralding what we know is a surprising end to hostilities, interesting I am not sure what you want from comics.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-15-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.