Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

This is the best Magneto has ever looked. Wow the art was just astounding.

I think i finally get it too, something this issue clicked. X0 is the current past, X10 is the current pressent X100 is Age of Apoc at the point where they defeated the sentinels and x1000 is both futures if they succeed. Moira is using her knowledge and they are basically doing what Apoclayse and his crew did in X100 to destroy the robots but they are doing it 90 years earlier at x10 which will change the course of mutantdom.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Because Hickman found I way to connect Warlock's technarchy and Kree Supreme Intelligence and Phalanx.

Okay. Think I might need a cup of coffee for the following issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    It was good, but not mind-blowing like the 3 issues before.
    Honestly I didn't understand that Nimbus thing. Lol
    Basically, the only way on for the post-humans of Earth is to ascend, or risk that a scavenger civilisation will one day raid the solar system for Celestial leftovers. Ascending means being subsumed into a galactic scale group intelligence, so the Nimbus World Mind is, in the fishing metaphor, the bait to attract such an intelligence to Sol. Nimbus itself is a machine intelligence based on the minds of 100 post-human minds, upgrading itself to planet size by self-replication, but its importance as an artefact in its own right is actually secondary to its role as a lure.

The arrival of the Phalanx, now a mature group intelligence rather than a pest, indicates that the bait has been taken, and the Phalanx now take interest in the civilisation that creates the world mind they have now absorbed (or “eaten”, as they put it). Except, of course, this is what the Earth civilisation is after.

It’s all very 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It's tough to evaluate things as a single issue, but I'm definitely more into House than Powers. So far, I find Powers cold, distant and expository. Maybe intentionally, but I don't feel any passion in any of it. Like in X1 when they learn about Orchis, are they scared? Shocked? Determined? Amused? I can't tell. Considering they're talking about a life-or-death mission to stop the ultimate weapon that could lead to their extinction, it's all pretty dry and detached. And in X2, they're planning another dangerous suicide mission, this time an impossible heist, in the same way. Live, die, whatever.

X3 was the most interesting to me, considering that they created a second worldmind to bring the Phalanx to them, as opposed to being victims of anything. There's a plot there that I'm interested in seeing play out. Although, it's still pretty emotionless.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is the best Magneto has ever looked. Wow the art was just astounding.

I think i finally get it too, something this issue clicked. X0 is the current past, X10 is the current pressent X100 is Age of Apoc at the point where they defeated the sentinels and x1000 is both futures if they succeed. Moira is using her knowledge and they are basically doing what Apoclayse and his crew did in X100 to destroy the robots but they are doing it 90 years earlier at x10 which will change the course of mutantdom.
    hm...maybe I could buy this. I’m still holding on to the idea that Moira double crosses Xavier and magneto and is allied with Apicalypse the whole time, making year 100 616...but I love the idea that she’s using knowledge from what she’s seen and that ascension/year 1000 is just a possible “resolution” to the timeline(s) out of many
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 08-14-2019 at 08:05 AM.

So this is another huge retcon. Moira, Xavier, and magneto started the x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Basically, the only way on for the post-humans of Earth is to ascend, or risk that a scavenger civilisation will one day raid the solar system for Celestial leftovers. Ascending means being subsumed into a galactic scale group intelligence, so the Nimbus World Mind is, in the fishing metaphor, the bait to attract such an intelligence to Sol. Nimbus itself is a machine intelligence based on the minds of 100 post-human minds, upgrading itself to planet size by self-replication, but its importance as an artefact in its own right is actually secondary to its role as a lure.

The arrival of the Phalanx, now a mature group intelligence rather than a pest, indicates that the bait has been taken, and the Phalanx now take interest in the civilisation that creates the world mind they have now absorbed (or “eaten”, as they put it). Except, of course, this is what the Earth civilisation is after.

It’s all very 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    ****. 2001. Yeah, perfect comparison. Maybe that is why I'm so WTF about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Hickman loves Mags. I think he was sad that Mags is a villain and never should be count as X-Man. Now he will have full rights because he started X-men.

My Favorite parts of the issue

- Magneto throwing shade at Hydra, Yes Marvel Hydra are Nazis, Magneto hates Nazis.

-Magneto basically says it is an impossible mission, which leads to this

Cyclops: Does it need doing
    Xavier: Yes
    Cyclops: Then it will be done

The feel of this scene was just perfect, This is Cyclops 100% confident that he can get anything done. That is the essence of the character to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Wait, this won't be 616 right...? Right?

I loved Past and Present. But I'll have to give this another read because I couldn't bring myself to care about the future and far-future sci-fi stuff.

BANNED

I love how Magneto is written here. But I wonder what that Tree Ent Guy meant about someone with the power to communicate with all life but passed away. Did he mean Pro. X?

Anyway, the Phalanx is back hmm interesting.

Powers of X is like a companion to House of X. Pretty crazy how many concepts Hickman throw in the book. he is really doing tons of worldbuilding

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    hm...maybe I could buy this. I’m still holding on to the idea that Moira double crosses Xavier and magneto and is allied with Apicalypse the whole time, making year 100 616...but I love the idea that she’s using knowledge from what she’s seen and that ascension/year 1000 is just a possible “resolution” to the timeline(s) out of many
    This could be it but something about this issue i'm almost positive why lifetimes 9 is still going is because we are seeing it now in powers of X and i would go as far as to say that is Moira on the last page asking for ascenscion. Those markings are similar to the ones she has in the Apocalypse issue and her coloring on that page matches apocalypse.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

go off king