Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Right, Wasnt Mags on an island during U X-men 150?
    Yes after he became an adult again that island was his base of operations, he fought the X-men there so it makes sense Xavier and Moira would seek him there just before beginning his reformation period.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That last panel with Erik and Charles on opposite ends of the visor is DELICIOUS. This whole page is gold, but that last panel is really great display of art.
    I had not noticed. I love how this and the revolutionary blue suit represents a Cyclops that is half classic half modern. Like, it is in the middle of both roads, that of Magneto and Xavier.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    New reader here. Was just wondering, why is Professer X in the wheelchair in X0 but he can walk in X10? Are we supposed to know this or is this yet to be explained? Thanks
    While there might be an explanation based on recent X-Men stories, my advice is to be open to another explanation. For example, there was an older story where Xavier revealed he had built a suit to let him walk that was powered by his psionic energy and here we have a Xavier who is always wearing this interesting combination of a black suit and Cerebro helmet. There are other characters who are not as they last appeared either.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    New reader here. Was just wondering, why is Professer X in the wheelchair in X0 but he can walk in X10? Are we supposed to know this or is this yet to be explained? Thanks
    X0 is the old Uncanny X-Men volume 1 days when Charles was wheelchair bound most of the time.
    X10 is present day when he can walk.
    "Cable was right!"

Charles is ripped AF with skin tight suit WTF

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I know, you think that is The End goal. I think that it is the key to the beginning

For the most part I am trying to step away from too much discussion. I love the theories, and while some stuff can use some examination, sometimes people are basing things off possible misreadings and sometimes the misreading is revealed to be the scrutinizing party, but I always keep in mind Hickman's answer to a question in an early HoXPoX interview:
    Indeed, I read that interview too. I actually found it a little depressing because I remember him as much more open and I think he has closed himself off a bit from fandom as a result of this kind of thing.

The lesson he took was let readers come to their own conclusions, which is fine, but to then decide not to openly discuss his own interpretations for fear of upsetting people is a little naive. People are much more resilient than that generally. Even the guy he thought was crushed probably had a nice day really. His own interpretation is just the impetus. Once he has written and published something we all own it.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He has always been unexpectedly fit.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Could the flashback with Moira, Xavier, and Magneto take place right before Magneto turned good in the 1980s? Maybe this is the retcon on why Magneto decided to be good, face trial, and join the X-Men in the 80s.

Then Magneto flipped out in the 1991 X-Men Mutant Genesis arc over the revelation that Moira altered his DNA, and later concluded that everything else she said earlier was a lie to turn him good also.

Xavier knowing about Moira the whole time doesn't hold on closer scrutiny though. None of the past issues make sense with the retcon unless he suppressed the memory or something.
    That’s what I thought. In 150, Magneto on the island has an epiphany when he’s about to strike down Kitty. After that comes x-ally Magneto in God Loves Man Kills, Secret Wars, his trial, and New Mutants. If that’s true and you follow the timeline in HOX2, Proteus died when he was 12 or 13 (UXM128) a bit before Xavier and Moira recruit Magneto (post-UXM150), then the schism is “four years” and 130 issues later in ‘91 X-Men 1-3.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Because the former issue kind of said so. I remain unconvinced, but it is a possibily. Mostly because Moira cannot see the future.

Attachment 85746
    I have been curious as to what those mean. They've been present in all HoX PoX issues and I want to know how they relate to each other.

So good, but the end on this one was kind of anticlimactic.

BANNED

The clarification on "Year One" actually being UXM 150 or so here helps tremendously for me, but I still am not clear on why they're using that era designation when they know a lot of people will take it very literally and get super-confused. I'm still not clear myself on how the Xavier at the fair doesn't know Moira, since Life 10 indicates they met in school as per usual. Maybe I'm very dense.

Do we all assume the schism came about in or around adjectiveless 1-3? Or could it be later? Fatal Attractions?

I keep thinking the tree guy is linked to Doug/Cypher.

The Phalanx retcon is interesting. I just have no clue where it leads. I assume Green Magneto is also a chimera now, not just the Wolverine clone. Xorn, I suspect, is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    For a moment I thought this was Bendis LOL it was even funnier than being sir patrick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    People are much more resilient than that generally.
    I still wonder if a little part of me died inside when I learned how everyone else actually pronounced Magneto.

I wonder if they'll tie Ultron in with the Phalanx or if the avatar to represent the machines will just be Nimrod.