Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wolverine, Jean, Monet, Husk and Archangel.
    And Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wolverine, Jean, Monet, Husk and Archangel.
    That’s...a pretty solid team. I’m glad. Wish they’d stop shoehorning Logan into every lineup in every timeline but I can live with it for the others

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yeah. This is the definitive Magneto. The Phalanx thing... It is mostly from the Phalanx covenant storyline, with the technarchy from Warlock added on. But this view of them as nearly an unavoidable step in social evolution is new.
    Uncanny xmen has a pretty good article suming it all up, because it is quite obscure at this point.
    Great article, thank you!! Just skimmed it real quick but I’ll definitely look at it more in-depth when I have more time

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    The last couple of pages really confused me. The rundown of societies, and the intelligence scales. I guess I didn't feel like I had enough of a reason to care to read all of that, process it, and see how it relates to the story thus far. Just felt like Hickman is introducing a lot of big ideas that aren't necessarily warranted. At least not now. BTW, this doesn't feel like a good jumping on title for new readers. I don't know anything about the Phalanx story arc, so I was lost there, and felt like I was supposed to know something. Weird, the more they go into the future, the less invested I feel.
    Yup, that was exactly that. Neat and all, but the Nibiru-Nimbus thing seemed a bit out of place. I do not think it is that important to know about the Phalanx, though, because it is still confusing if you know about them. Up until now they were just an alien race that infected and ate everything they touched. (They ate Sara Grey).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It explains what the Phalanx is in those pages you didn’t read.
    No, I read them. I still didn't get it. They help societies ascend right? Something like that? I was zoning out at that point probably, since I already read through the previous 5 descriptions. I'm talking about the final 2 pages with the long run downs of intelligence societies, and how they are formed.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 08-14-2019 at 07:45 AM.

No, I read them. I still didn't get it. They help societies ascend right? Something like that? I was zoning out at that point probably.
    It’s a singularity that thrives on consuming worthy societies to add to its collective. If said society meets the requirements for “Ascension”, they get added, if they don’t then the Phalanx introduce the Techno-Organic Virus to slowly eradicate them. Then, Technarchs like Warlock are sent to make something better (or at least that’s what I gleaned) without knowing what exactly they are doing. That’s about all we need to know at this point.

It was good, but not mind-blowing like the 3 issues before.
    Honestly I didn't understand that Nimbus thing. Lol

No, I read them. I still didn't get it. They help societies ascend right? Something like that? I was zoning out at that point probably, since I already read through the previous 5 descriptions. I'm talking about the final 2 pages with the long run downs of intelligence societies, and how they are formed.
    They are the top society. They assimilate or destroy other civilizations depending on thir worthiness. This is the ascension they seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    They are the top society. They assimilate or destroy other civilizations depending on thir worthiness. This is the ascension they seek.
    Oh okay. Cool. Wait, why do I need to know about the other 5 societies then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    That’s...a pretty solid team. I’m glad. Wish they’d stop shoehorning Logan into every lineup in every timeline but I can live with it for the others
    For attacking a space station, not so sure...jean and Monet, yes, the rest...

Ooh I wanna do it like this too.

X0: This is the timeline where the trifecta of this event meet and get things initiated. Xavier and Moira go to Erics island in the Bermuda Triangle to show him all her past lives and they decide to work together. As the other poster stated. I love the way Hickman writes Magneto. I hope we get to see what they do to get Krakoa aligned with them.

X10: Magneto and Xavier tell Cyclops about the Mother Mold, the station orbiting the sun dedicated to create Master molds. I love that Cyclops is like is this something that has to be done. ( Taking out Mothermold) Xavier says yes and he's like THEN IT WILL BE DONE. Damnnnnnn. I'm all about this Cyclops. He can't chop it up with the F4 and then get down to business.

X100: The surviving members in the future are making a plan to go find the one thing they were actually looking for in the machine nation. I should be more invested in this but I am not. I don't care about these characters. But it's setup and it will be cool to see what these mutants can do.

X1000: The Librarian and Nimrod. This is where Hickmans holier than thou writing is located. It was interesting. I read it but didnt care about it. I'd rather see actual xmen we care about in the HoXpOx seminal event.

Also wtf is Nimbus? How exactly did they make it a sentient World Mind by sending something into its core? Was the planet or land mass floating in space something special?

So they replicated/copied and integrated the minds of 100 of the greatest post-human scientist, scholars and artists into a machine called Nimbus. Seems legit. Cool Cool Cool.

But then they sent it to Nibiru beyond the Keplar belt and it based itself in the core and released self-replicating machines that then started to create memory farms and logic crystals. Its intelligence grew and became a Worldmind. ( kind of out there but okay ). Why did we need this information? How does it play into the story. Because we all damn well know Hickman is putting everything here for a reason. But it so much intellectual barf that I roll my eyes.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-14-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Oh okay. Cool. Wait, why do I need to know about the other 5 societies then?
    Because Hickman found I way to connect Warlock's technarchy and Kree Supreme Intelligence and Phalanx.

It doesn't feel like an X-Men story at all. We don't know most of these characters. When will Jean, Storm and co show up. If they are fighting a bunch of master molds, shouldn't Xavier be sending his omega mutant army?

I swear this is like SCI-FI cocaine

*rubs nose*
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Mighty Member

I can't be compelled to care about anything after X^1.

X^0? Cool
    X^1? Awesome

X^2-X^3? I don't care, these guys are as interesting as Ex Nihilo, aka not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    For attacking a space station, not so sure...jean and Monet, yes, the rest...
    I don’t know, most of them are invulnerable to a degree except Scott, Jean and Kurt. Scott’s leader so he makes sense, Jeans omega so she’s a clear asset and Kurt can teleport/get around easily. It adds up to me