Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Please no. I thought your lot had died out. Hickman didn’t reset Time Runs Out! He just had Wakanda resurrected.
    Yeah, SW had a big impact on T'challa and Doom's arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geogeo999 View Post
    This is all coming from the code on the Surviving Mutants info page in PoX 1... where the coding is

[M_X_files]........[0]
    [ML_09.........(Apoc_build)][X]
    This keeps coming up but I don’t see anything that definitely suggests it’s from her 9th timeline. What makes you think that a file labelled M_X, clearly designating the tenth timeline is related to the ninth iteration? This story is so focused on the number 10 it’s unreal.

ML_9 doesn’t mean anything to us. Are you suggesting it means Moira’s life #9? Surely that would be written M_IX to be consistent.

It could just as easily mean Mutants Living 9 + their leader Apocalypse. With the text annotated to make clear two are dead.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Obviously Alonoso snapped those ANAD books that mention the Incursions out of existence before he left.

Ah, thanks!
    So only some of us remember. I see.

Presumably only those of us that read Black Panther where the entire timeline was reiterated. They must be collectible if the universe they were written in is gone.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Even Destiny with her precognition cannot/does not willfully attempt to change the course of the future.
    Not sure I agree. Prior to HOX, Destiny’s most consequential role was killing Senator Kelly with a crossbow which resulted in DOFP. That inspired Kate Pryde to make the trip back to the present and foul Destiny’s shot in order to prevent DOFP.

B69FCC21-B5B9-4E69-9A9A-2EB5203BB40D.jpg

But this raises a good point. At this point, what IS the difference between Moira and Destiny?

Destiny - has knowledge of future events based on precog powers. Has demonstrated she is willing to alter the timeline by choosing to not be a passive observer. Currently back from the dead either through an AU version or? — regardless, demonstrating she can be reborn (somehow).

Moira — has knowledge of future events based on reincarnation powers. Currently back from the dead and altering the timeline by choosing to not be a passive observer.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-15-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Jesus effing Christ. I didn’t think it was going to be possible for Hickman to take the complex themes of evolution that Morrison was able to weave into a comprehensive drama but holeee sheeet. Galactic evolution. Something NEW and BIG.

Incredible Member

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that when Destiny told her that she would live 10/11 lives, at that point, Moira would KNOW that lives 4-9 are failures and that she will die. That means she wouldn't be trying to win in those lives but to gather as much info on as many possibilities and ways to win as should to carry information on to life 10/11. Right? Or am I crazy?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This keeps coming up but I don’t see anything that definitely suggests it’s from her 9th timeline. What makes you think that a file labelled M_X, clearly designating the tenth timeline is related to the ninth iteration? This story is so focused on the number 10 it’s unreal.

ML_9 doesn’t mean anything to us. Are you suggesting it means Moira’s life #9? Surely that would be written M_IX to be consistent.

It could just as easily mean Mutants Living 9 + their leader Apocalypse. With the text annotated to make clear two are dead.
    So, I'm with you 100%. Not arguing X^2 is Life 9 at all. The next line I posted is a question of "is there anything else supporting it?" And then I spent a couple paragraphs arguing against it. This one line of code seems to be the only piece of evidence I can see. But there is a code during the life 2 segment in House of X 2 that is ML_2A and ML_2B... which is why I can see people thinking ML_9 is her life 9.

Genuinely I am curious if there's any other argument for this theory. Because the codes are there to make us wonder and dig deeper but until we know what source of info these pages are coming from... is it the library? is it Krakoa? Is it extracted directly from Moira's brain?,,, we can't with certaintly deciper the code. Also... there were like 12 typos in House of X 1, some of them in the timeline and in crucial places. Who knows if the 09 isnt supposed to be 10. Or maybe the 09 is related to theta which Moira is linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Something I haven't seen mentioned is that when Destiny told her that she would live 10/11 lives, at that point, Moira would KNOW that lives 4-9 are failures and that she will die. That means she wouldn't be trying to win in those lives but to gather as much info on as many possibilities and ways to win as should to carry information on to life 10/11. Right? Or am I crazy?
    I’m still trying to get my head around, per HOX2’s infographic, there are three unfinished timelines and one missing timeline. Unfinished meaning there is no mention of Moira dying in those timelines yet. Is she somehow traversing the open timelines or existing within them all at the same time? How does that compare to Hickman’s Molecule Man in Secret Wars?

We presume in order for a new life to begin she must die and this is her ninth or tenth life. But what if we look at the timelines in a non-linear, perhaps quantum, context? Maybe she’s in all ten spots at once and when one dies the memories go to the remaining for an exponential effect. Rather than respawning, perhaps she is compounding? If four out of ten are unresolved does that technically mean she is only on her sixth life? Sixth timeline?... waitaminute...
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-15-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Are we not going to talk about Apocalypse’s turn / rehabilitation as heroic figure? I mean the X-Men are known for taking in lost souls. But do we need to embrace the embodiment of the end of everything?

GOOOO... DEATH!

All three time-stories are headed for disaster. That’s the only thing that feels true.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I really don’t think Moira would take that to mean 4-9 are failures *because she dies in them*. At that point she had already died twice and probably expected to die again and again for eternity. She may have eventually started trying to figure out how to prolong each life through drastic measures (Apocalypse, maybe whatever she is up to in life 10) but that doesn’t seem to have been the standard by which she measured any other life’s success.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I’m still trying to get my head around, per HOX2’s infographic, there are three unfinished timelines and one missing timeline. Unfinished meaning there is no mention of Moira dying in those timelines yet. Is she somehow traversing the open timelines or existing within them all at the same time? How does that compare to Hickman’s Molecule Man in Secret Wars?

We all presume this is her tenth life. But if we look at the timelines in a non-linear, perhaps quantum, context four out of ten are unresolved. Does that technically mean she is only on her sixth life? Sixth timeline?... waitaminute...
    This was discussed a lot last week. Any possible way the timeline can be read has been suggested but I really think it’s pretty straightforward. Six isn’t shown probably because Hickman is going to show it later, revealing some crucial component of Moira’s current plan (my guess: Proteus.) The ends of 9 and 10 both aren’t shown, but maybe not for the same reasons. Clearly 10 is ongoing, but I don’t think that means that 9 never ended just because they both have arrows. 9 extends off the page because it lasted much longer than the rest of the chart, and just how much longer may be the subject of more story yet to come. I don’t know what fourth unresolved life you’re referring to, but if it’s the 5th, that one seems to show her in a coma and then perishing in the genocide (though many people have suggested there’s some wiggle room in the fact that it doesn’t explicitly say Moira died in the genocide. Personally I think that’s what we’re meant to assume and not in a misleading way.)
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 08-15-2019 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GooNhOIMY0

This video explains the Kardashev Scale. I am fascinated with this now that I know about it from POX 2!

All-New Member

Here's a thought. Forgive me if it's not new. But...

What if Moira succeeded in Life 9? This, to our knowledge is not like Groundhog Day where the cycle ends because a fated event finally happened or a lesson was learned. What if Moira succeeds in saving mutant kind and then trips and breaks her neck... She goes right back to the drawing board. So far I've read everything as these are exactly the things that need to happen to beat x,y, and z obstacles from destroying mutants, but what if it's got to be this way because in the end she knows how to win and not be reincarnated? At this point shes gotta want to die.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    but if it’s the 5th, that one seems to show her in a coma and then perishing in the genocide (though many people have suggested there’s some wiggle room in the fact that it doesn’t explicitly say Moira died in the genocide. Personally I think that’s what we’re meant to assume and not in a misleading way.)
    Yes, there are only sixth deaths explicitly mentioned. I’m leaning toward all ten are happening at once and some are being snuffed out til only one remains. Calls to mind Hickman's Secret Wars: Molecule Man was said to be singular and spread across all multiverses as a sort of bomb that was supposed to go off. The fragmentation made him nutty, and as the incursions consolidated universes he became more sane. In this case perhaps Moira is spread across ten timelines simultaneously accumulating knowledge after each death and waiting for her powers to kick in at 13. Seems to fit the series exponential notation.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-15-2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Bad at computers

The magneto and Xavier scene is before the x-men started