Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Certainly seems fertile ground for a retcon, considering Xavier formed the X-men because he feared a mutant like Proteus would come along. Then what do you know? Moira begets Proteus. Then what do you know? Gabrielle Haller begets Legion. With the exception of Lilandra, the women in his life sure have a way of fulfilling his worst fear.
    Meanwhile in X^2, Lilandra and Xavier’s daughter considers annexing planet Earth... a goal just modest enough that Xavier probably had nothing to do with it.

As of Friday, POX #2 has sold out in EVERY comic book shop in Philly.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Certainly seems fertile ground for a retcon, considering Xavier formed the X-men because he feared a mutant like Proteus would come along. Then what do you know? Moira begets Proteus. Then what do you know? Gabrielle Haller begets Legion. With the exception of Lilandra, the women in his life sure have a way of fulfilling his worst fear.
    Good point. We have yet to come to understand how they fit in or the importance of other omegas. Maybe that's the deal with asking for ascension from the phalanx. Omega reality warper dna like those from Proteus, Legion, etc... joining the resources and potential of a galactic hivemind. Firepower to highjack it to reset everything and do away with the 'inevitable' sentinel menace part of the equation. I dunno just spitballin.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I have a theory that the X-gene has evolved and became more active in making sure that mutants are in a position to advance to the next stage. The X-gene could be a cosmic force that is the embodiment of evolving to the next stage, perhaps a avatar of ascension. The X-gene could be using certain individuals to further this goal.( Kraokoa, Moiria)The constant plight of mutants being in a fight or flight extinction level events and decimation could be a factor in the X-gene getting semi-sentience and getting involved.

Here is how i am viewing Moira powers working some of her lives have things that do not occur in the 616, so i think that what happens in those lives are possible scenarios that shes knows could occur but may not if she somehow derails them. I believe the one life she spent hunting Trask family members herself instead of just telling everyone of the danger of them shows she may need to accomplish somethings herself to get the results she wants.

So what if when Prof X and Magneto read her mind they only saw what has happened in her past lives and not the outcome of this life timeline?
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 08-16-2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: punctuation mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I have a theory that the X-gene has evolved and became more active in making sure that mutants are in a position to advance to the next stage. The X-gene could be a cosmic force that is the embodiment of evolving to the next stage, perhaps a avatar of ascension. The X-gene could be using certain individuals to further this goal.( Kraokoa, Moiria)The constant plight of mutants being in a fight or flight extinction level events and decimation could be a factor in the X-gene getting semi-sentience and getting involved.

Here is how i am viewing Moira powers working some of her lives have things that do not occur in the 616, so i think that what happens in those lives are possible scenarios that shes knows could occur but may not if she somehow derails them. I believe the one life she spent hunting Trask family members herself instead of just telling everyone of the danger of them shows she may need to accomplish somethings herself to get the results she wants.

So what if when Prof X and Magneto read her mind they only saw what has happened in her past lives and not the outcome of this life timeline?
    That they only saw her past experiences is definitely how we’re meant to read it. Moira herself can’t see the future; she can only make educated guesses on what will happen (or how to deliberately effect certain results) in her current life based on what has happened in her previous lives and the extent to which she actively or passively influenced those past events.

Seems reasonable to ascribe some “intelligence” to how reactive and adaptable the x-gene seems to be, whether that’s actual sentience or not. We’ve already seen Darwin, the mutant whose power was to instantly adapt to survive anything. Maybe there’s an element of that in the macro sense, across mutantkind as a whole?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    That they only saw her past experiences is definitely how we’re meant to read it. Moira herself can’t see the future; she can only make educated guesses on what will happen (or how to deliberately effect certain results) in her current life based on what has happened in her previous lives and the extent to which she actively or passively influenced those past events.

Seems reasonable to ascribe some “intelligence” to how reactive and adaptable the x-gene seems to be, whether that’s actual sentience or not. We’ve already seen Darwin, the mutant whose power was to instantly adapt to survive anything. Maybe there’s an element of that in the macro sense, across mutantkind as a whole?
    Yes. I'm thinking does Moira lives run consecutive as the order presented and some believe is the chronological list of her lives, or she lives them simultaneously until she dies and then remembers her past life?

Ok, this is very good memeage

In timeline x2 do you think Moira is in apocalypse’s sarcophagus

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    In timeline x2 do you think Moira is in apocalypse’s sarcophagus
    That's the theory. Though then would that make the events of X2 a part of Moira IX's timeline, or is Moira X's plan to eventually recruit En Sabah Nur as well to participate in her grand scheme of "breaking all the rules" sometime in the future of X1, just as she recruited Charles last issue and Erik in X0?

Apocalypse may have granted her immortality by allowing her to "gestate" in the sarcophagus, to help her see the outcome of her intricate scheme to the end.

I have a feeling the missing Timeline 6 is the previous 616 continuity.

Ideologically speaking, Moira from the past continuity fits between Moira V (who tried to help mutantdom prosper with Charles for the second time only to see the species fall to the Sentinels again) and Moira VII who started hunting down the Trasks herself.

If hypothetically speaking, Moira VI is previous 616 Moira, then she would know only doom lies in matrimony with Charles, so avoids that, but she has still not reached the conclusion that the Sentinels are inevitable, so she tries helping mutantkind separately from Charles in a more pacifist manner (it also makes a little more sense now as to why Destiny's ghost would choose to posses Moira in Chaos War).

Just finished reading it and that's another solid issue. I'm curious to see where it's going. We're starting to really get into Hickman's writing which can be a bit confusing at first.

I think I'm starting to understand the flow of the story.

We're switching between alternate timelines (and not realities) the most obvious are the the timeline 9 and timeline 10. BUT.
    We could also see glimpses of Timeline 5 (since Moira is in Coma and not dead) or Timeline 6 which might be so mysterious because Moira had feedback from 5.

Thinking the story in alternate timelines actually helped me a lot to understand the story.

To make a difference. An alternate Timeline is generated by time traveling/ meddeling. This is why destiny can see the lifes of Moira. All the lifes of moira are Earth-616.
    If you wanted to make a difference, Earth X, Mutant-X, Old man Logan are alternate realities. They are not connected to earth 616 and have their own timelines.
    Stuff like Age of Apocalypse (the first one) or days of future past or the end of Morrison's run are alternate timelines. They were earth 616.

I'm not talking here about pocket universes like Heroes Reborn or House of M. ^^

This thought just messed me up about this WHOLE thing and so, I will share it with you all.

Wouldn’t Moira, who is hundreds of years old, be experienced enough to prevent Charles, Magneto and Apocalypse from knowing the fullness of her histories? I mean, isn’t that Psychic Defenses 101 to be able to prevent others from seeing all that you’re thinking and all that you know as well as misdirections? This opens up a lot of different possibilities including who and what she’s working for.

Thoughts?

I’m actually concerned people will be disappointed if (when) the answers are not insanely complicated multiple timelines that are somehow running in parallel. I mean, when if this really is just a retcon to set up the retcon that X & M have been acting in collusion?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’m actually concerned people will be disappointed if (when) the answers are not insanely complicated multiple timelines that are somehow running in parallel. I mean, when if this really is just a retcon to set up the retcon that X & M have been acting in collusion?
    I think you're probably right, that's the biggest thing, that retcon, Hickman said as much in his response to "plagiarism" being thrown around comparing it to The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, that this wasn't the real story, but a vehicle for his retcon, which like you say, I think is *mostly* just going to be Moira/Xavier/Xavier having been working on this long plan for a very long time, and in the case of Xavier, from the beginning.

I do think some more twists are coming, but I see this as a much simpler, linear story, than anything involving traveling from one life to another, and whatnot. Doesn't feel like the way it's going to me.

BANNED

Maybe Moira VI is 616 Moira and died in Secret Wars and Moira X is Prime Earth Moira.