Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Amazing Member Supergoblin64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    Posts
    57

    Default Fellowship of the Ring and Friends vs. CW Green Arrow and Nolanverse Batman

    Fellowship of the Ring (plus Tauriel, Faramir, and Eomer) vs. CW Green Arrow and Nolanverse Batman

    Fight takes place in Rivendell. Everyone has their gear and weapons. Frodo cannot use the Ring and Gandalf cannot use magic. Even though it's the Council of Elrond, the Fellowship and friends have feats until end of trilogy.

    No one has prep. Participants start from 50 feet away. Who wins?
    Last edited by Supergoblin64; 08-14-2019 at 09:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Smiles but not on command Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergoblin64 View Post
    Fellowship of the Ring (plus Tauriel, Faramir, and Eomer) vs. CW Green Arrow and Nolanverse Batman

    Fight takes place in Rivendell. Everyone has their gear and weapons. Frodo cannot use the Ring and Gandalf cannot use magic. Even though it's at the Council of Elrond, the Fellowship has their feats from until the end of the trilogy.

    No one has prep. Participants start from 50 feet away. Who wins?
    The Fellowship can't use any magic? Green Arrow just bombards them with explosive arrows.
    "I'm not what you think I am". Higher, further, faster.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator The Watcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    729

    Default

    The original post says Frodo can't use the Ring. Nothing prohibiting anyone else from doing so. So Frodo hands it off to Legolas and the Fellowship gets the advantage of an invisible sniper.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    I'm disappointed that Chandler Bing won't be in this fight.

  5. #5
    Smiles but not on command Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The original post says Frodo can't use the Ring. Nothing prohibiting anyone else from doing so. So Frodo hands it off to Legolas and the Fellowship gets the advantage of an invisible sniper.
    That's true. Legolas makes pin cushions of them all before they know what hit them.

    And I'm calling dibs on the argument that responses posted BEFORE the OP edits the OP stand as valid arguments.
    "I'm not what you think I am". Higher, further, faster.

  6. #6
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,296

    Default

    Wouldn't this end with everybody fighting over the ring?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  7. #7
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,564

    Default

    It actually doesn't work that quickly most of the time. The few times it has...

    1. Sméagol clearly already had serious issues;
    2. Isildur was dealing with it in its place of greatest power, moments after its master was at its peak of power (plus there's the argument that everyone figured Sauron was DEAD...).

    It took a while to get desperate, stressed-out Boromir (who already had the idea in his head before the Ring started affecting him) to the point where he decided to take it from Frodo by force.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Book version? Fellowship stomps. Numenoreans/Dunedains are basically super human to a degree (or metahuman, by Arrowverse rules). Combined with Elves like Elrond, the Dwarves of Durin, Boromir (though diluted in blood compared to Aragorn, he was still an incredible fighter, taking down numerous Orcs by himself).

    Movie version? Closer, but Legolas was more ninja than freakin ninjas in the trilogies. Fellowship wins.

  9. #9
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It actually doesn't work that quickly most of the time. The few times it has...

    1. Sméagol clearly already had serious issues;
    2. Isildur was dealing with it in its place of greatest power, moments after its master was at its peak of power (plus there's the argument that everyone figured Sauron was DEAD...).

    It took a while to get desperate, stressed-out Boromir (who already had the idea in his head before the Ring started affecting him) to the point where he decided to take it from Frodo by force.
    Fair point but I just thought it would be funny.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •