Default New Tales from the Dark Multiverse incoming

Two new Tales from the Dark Multiverse have been announced, staring Sinestro during Blackest Night and Ted Kord during Infinite Crisis.

I'm strangely intriguied by the second. Ted Kord given such importance, even in a one-shot, sounds good to me.

Hm maybe Ted will take Lord up in his offer in this retelling? Either that or he’ll shoot Lord in the head lol.

Always Rakzo

Good Lord, I was already tired of the Dark Multiverse even before Metal ended.

At least is about two characters I care about but I sure as hell don't trust Tynion to write Ted.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

So the Tales From Dark Multiverse is like DC's What If.....?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

I hope these Tales from the Dark Multiverse do well. I love elseworld type stories and reimaginings, and this has a different sort of niche from the usual Black Label content. I just hope they're easy stories you can get into even if you haven't read the original version - being reliant on knowing the ins and outs of the original stories could hurt this.

these are shaping up to be very interesting. I'm probably gonna check out the Sinestro issue, I'm still waiting for a what if with a character I thoroughly care about tho.

please don't end up being "What If...Batman" like elseworld used to be in some regards. I hope there's a diverse selection of characters and stories they use.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-14-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    So the Tales From Dark Multiverse is like DC's What If.....?
    Seems like it, which is pretty neat. Much as I love the more traditional Elseworlds, DC definitely could use a line that explores and twists older classics. Hope they do some based on stories I've read, would love a What If on Batman Year One or Long Halloween for example. Honestly I'm thinking of finally getting around to reading the Knightfall trilogy and Death of Superman story soon in anticipation of the first TftDM books. Which actually is probably one of the benefits for DC in doing this, not only do they sell new stories but said stories might renew interest and sales in the older original stories.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    these are shaping up to be very interesting. I'm probably gonna check out the Sinestro issue, I'm still waiting for a what if with a character I thoroughly care about tho.
    Well, it kind of depends on who the characters you care about are - seems DC's focusing on twisting the big events first, so which characters see use kind of depends on if they were in a big event or not. Personally I've got my fingers crossed that at least Steel will cameo in the DoS one, but who knows. At least Lois is the main, even if it seems she'll take the evil path - love Lois, but evil Lois? Really need one of my fave heroes like Steel in there to balance it out. Or maybe it'll be like Red Son Superman and she'll not really be evil despite being more gray/antagonistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hm maybe Ted will take Lord up in his offer in this retelling? Either that or he’ll shoot Lord in the head lol.
    Blue Beetle destroys the universe?

Count me in.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    At least is about two characters I care about but I sure as hell don't trust Tynion to write Ted.
    I expect a lot of techno-babble and narration, on-top of Ted probably ending up like Future Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    please don't end up being "What If...Batman" like elseworld used to be in some regards. I hope there's a diverse selection of characters and stories they use.
    While we've only got four titles announced so far, it does seem like they're heading towards a diverse selection. Lois Lane, AzBats and son of Bane or something, Sinestro, Ted Kord. Not exactly your usual suspects. As much as I've loved all the old Batman Elseworlds I've read to date, I've got to agree on wanting a healthy mix. So far it looks like a promising start though. I mean hell, we're getting freaking Ted Kord Blue Beetle heading one of these.

Of the four, the Lois Lane centered DoS intrigues me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I expect a lot of techno-babble and narration, on-top of Ted probably ending up like Future Tim.
    What's Future Tim like?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What's Future Tim like?
    Basically a failed Batman who went over the edge because of the stress of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Basically a failed Batman who went over the edge because of the stress of the job.
    Boo, that sucks! Who the hell thought that idea up? Tim deserves more respect than he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Boo, that sucks! Who the hell thought that idea up? Tim deserves more respect than he gets.
    To be fair, when Tim goes over what happened in his timeline, none of the Robins come out looking all that well on the Batman front .