Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fantastic Four #13 SPOILERS

It's the conclusion to the Thing vs Hulk fight!

Ben gets hurt real bad throughout the issue, but with some words of encouragement from Alicia and reignited resolve he manages to pull out a win with an incredible punch at the end knocking out the Hulk!

The win comes at a cost though as he completely wrecks his arm and is out for a week. When he wakes his time as a human is sadly already gone.

The final pages are of Hulk getting his brutal revenge on Puppet Master for using him.

Mighty Member

Is it me or the stories of this arc are more and more boring ? It was not even a FF story ! It's one of the worst arc of the FF that I have read.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

Having a hard time imagining any blow Ben could give that would really KO Hulk, especially as Hulk is now.

Mighty Member

I personally feel like this suffered from being a two-parter when it could have been a one-shot. I don't see a good reason for it to be a two-parter.

Sure, the art was satisfying, the plot is passable if not boring, but I don't see why this needed to be more than one issue.

Hopefully the next arc is better. If Slott fails at a space adventure, I'm dropping this book and picking up another X-Book.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 08-14-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Way to go Ben. Hard won fight. This fight was like old times. This is only the second time Ben has ever beaten the Hulk. The spiky Thing beat the weaker Joe Fixit grey Hulk a long time ago. Today he beat one of the strongest meanest toughest Hulk’s ever to walk the earth. An instant classic.

Did the Hulk kill the Puppet Master or did he just mangle him?

Hulk probably just mangled him so he can live with the pain.

I love fucked-up Ben. That's metal as hell. He looked like me looking for olives in the middle of the night, and what happened to his arm is what happens to mine when I find the jar. Best Hulk/Thing fight ever!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

At the same time i think like Ben deserved the win for all the sacrifices he put into achieving it.

But at the same time it feels like massive PIS, considering which Hulk this is, he has already laughed of a punch that sent him into an orbit from a teambuster character, he no sold attacks from Jane Thor and Hercules, but out of all the people it's Thing that manages to KO him.

It's even funnier when you consider Hulk already 2-shot Thing in Secret Empire.

Not sure Ben ever lost that many briquettes before. I wonder how that will affect his arm/overall body?

BANNED

I’m calling this win bull and thinking that the Hulk let Ben win this one. I mean he was mind control and he had different personalities in himself. Right ?

I agree with the boring crowd here. This book runs hot and cold, well warm and cold. And 13 issues it feels like we've had 15 artist. My LCBS told me three other people have dropped it. I'm next after next arc. This is a sorry relaunch of Marvel's First Family.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not sure Ben ever lost that many briquettes before. I wonder how that will affect his arm/overall body?
    Probably the closest would be World War Hulk.

In a way, I saw this as a karmic payback for what Alicia did to her stepfather. When it was revealed that she manipulated him, it would only be a matter of time before this would bite her in the back. And seeing how Phillip's anger fueled the Hulk, Alicia mirrored this with her love fueling Ben. So on one level it was Thing vs Hulk, but on another it was Alicia vs Phillip.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

One question I still have is how did Ben reacted when Hulk revealed what Alicia did to her stepfather ?

I mean one would think that Hulk could understand where Ben and Alicia are coming from considering his relationship with Thunderbolt Ross and Betty ross. Right ?

If Slott wrote a story about Ben defeating Hulk, I'm pretty sure he intended it to be a clear win. Not against a weakened or a holding back Hulk.
    Ben just showed that a willpower power-up can beat an anger power up. Heart will always be cooler than tantrums.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

tbh there's not enough discourse about it being hard confirmed that ben and 'licia are going to reproduce
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I really liked the letter by Devon Kondas on his love for Dr Doom, and Tom Brevoort’s attempt to argue that Doom has a variety of character traits. Like Devon, I don’t buy it. Infamous Iron Man was a refreshing take on a Doom trying to be a better man. To have Doom revert so quickly to the cackling villain again at the first sign of the Fantastic Four is not explainable as the many facets of Doom. I think it needs more explanation than that. I agree with Devon that Secret Wars was the culmination of all of Dooms dreams his whole life. When you think of Dooms first appearance in FF #4, and the motivations he had right from the start, Secret Wars was all Doom wanted to have for so long, 1962 to 2015. You could say Doom was the alpha and omega of the Marvel Universe. There is an argument to say the MU is here now because of Doom, not just because Doom started the Incursions, but that he made it possible for Reed Richards to survive and create ANAD. All the conflict that has been between Richards and Doom has been about a difference of world view. Richards has been optimistic and romantic. Doom has been brutal and functional. I wonder, myself, which world view is reflective of history. It’s hard for me to divorce the two world views, so I think they are both right.