Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fantastic Four #13 SPOILERS

It's the conclusion to the Thing vs Hulk fight!

Ben gets hurt real bad throughout the issue, but with some words of encouragement from Alicia and reignited resolve he manages to pull out a win with an incredible punch at the end knocking out the Hulk!

The win comes at a cost though as he completely wrecks his arm and is out for a week. When he wakes his time as a human is sadly already gone.

The final pages are of Hulk getting his brutal revenge on Puppet Master for using him.

Mighty Member

Is it me or the stories of this arc are more and more boring ? It was not even a FF story ! It's one of the worst arc of the FF that I have read.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

Having a hard time imagining any blow Ben could give that would really KO Hulk, especially as Hulk is now.

Mighty Member

I personally feel like this suffered from being a two-parter when it could have been a one-shot. I don't see a good reason for it to be a two-parter.

Sure, the art was satisfying, the plot is passable if not boring, but I don't see why this needed to be more than one issue.

Hopefully the next arc is better. If Slott fails at a space adventure, I'm dropping this book and picking up another X-Book.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 08-14-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Way to go Ben. Hard won fight. This fight was like old times. This is only the second time Ben has ever beaten the Hulk. The spiky Thing beat the weaker Joe Fixit grey Hulk a long time ago. Today he beat one of the strongest meanest toughest Hulk’s ever to walk the earth. An instant classic.

Did the Hulk kill the Puppet Master or did he just mangle him?

Hulk probably just mangled him so he can live with the pain.

I love fucked-up Ben. That's metal as hell. He looked like me looking for olives in the middle of the night, and what happened to his arm is what happens to mine when I find the jar. Best Hulk/Thing fight ever!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

At the same time i think like Ben deserved the win for all the sacrifices he put into achieving it.

But at the same time it feels like massive PIS, considering which Hulk this is, he has already laughed of a punch that sent him into an orbit from a teambuster character, he no sold attacks from Jane Thor and Hercules, but out of all the people it's Thing that manages to KO him.

It's even funnier when you consider Hulk already 2-shot Thing in Secret Empire.