Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Ewing said he was happy with it, though he was asked specifically how he felt about the narration of the Hulk/Thing scene. He also mentioned how in IH 24 he briefly goes into something Hulk/Thing related though he also said it wont be a rematch per se.

I am thinking he probably adds something and says Hulk was weakened or adds some other context to that fight with Ben, we will see.
    Oh there needs to be a rematch down the road. This time with Ewing’s pen. It will be interesting to see what IH 24 has in it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Oh there needs to be a rematch down the road. This time with Ewing’s pen. It will be interesting to see what IH 24 has in it.
    Eh maybe some day, personally i don't really care. If Ewing did it, he would just have Hulk mangle Thing probably rip him apart without somehow killing him. Don't see the real point of it other than to just get back at Thing fans/Slott, would rather see Hulk fight someone we haven't seen before or haven't seen in a long time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I mean if it was written in any other book he would have been, Immortal Hulk already 2-shot Ben in the Secret Empire event, but obviously Slott wanted to give Ben his big moment which is fine.

Yea but he was not just tied by Reed there, he had Sue's bubble over his head to prevent him from breathing and Torch was even using his fire to take out all the oxygen from the bubble and Hulks lungs and while Hulk was struggling with all that Ben hit him and put him out, also this was like 50 years ago, i am not sure how relevant it is for today.
    Oh yeah, that was just to place it's context and that Ben was top tier at one point, if the FF are to be a serious team imo Ben needs a serious upgrade and this showing didn't give it imo

Eh maybe some day, personally i don't really care. If Ewing did it, he would just have Hulk mangle Thing probably rip him apart without somehow killing him. Don't see the real point of it other than to just get back at Thing fans/Slott, would rather see Hulk fight someone we haven't seen before or haven't seen in a long tim
    I don't think hulk is mad at the thing. From what I got about this issue it was puppet master who used and controlled him. Thing or thor or howard the duck it didn't matter who hulk was forced to fight they were not the ones controlling him. He was angry at the guy using him. That was puppet master. That's who he went after. He didn't care about the thing. He was a puppet in the fight like the hulk.

Oh yeah, that was just to place it's context and that Ben was top tier at one point, if the FF are to be a serious team imo Ben needs a serious upgrade and this showing didn't give it imo
    He did in the 80s with his more powerful spikey form and was made leader of the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I don't think hulk is mad at the thing. From what I got about this issue it was puppet master who used and controlled him. Thing or thor or howard the duck it didn't matter who hulk was forced to fight they were not the ones controlling him. He was angry at the guy using him. That was puppet master. That's who he went after. He didn't care about the thing. He was a puppet in the fight like the hulk.

He did in the 80s with his more powerful spikey form and was made leader of the team!

I’d gladly welcome back his spiky form again!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’d gladly welcome back his spiky form again!
    As would i if only as a form he can take as a power up sometimes

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    As would i if only as a form he can take as a power up sometimes
    Complete with tail spike?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sure, handy bit of kit that :-)

I don't remember a tail spike. Did this come later? How did Been lose the Spiky form?

Keith Pollard drew a tail spike in at least two panels in FF #320.

And Ben not only lost his spiky form, but his Thing form completely, at the end of the issue previous to this.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Thanks Ray!

I liked Ben in his Spiky form and Sharon in the Rocky form.

I think Titania was probably on par with Ben, but stronger than Sharon

Titania was Class 85, same as Ben in the 80's Deluxe Handbook. She-Hulk was Class 75 but Sharon became She-Thing after the Handbook so her new strength level was not listed but she was weaker than Jen.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

redacted.................
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-19-2019 at 03:49 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Not sure what books you are reading. The Hulk took the Avengers apart with ease. He cracked Thor’s skull. The Avengers limped away after being soundly beaten. He pretty much beat the rest too. Abomination was probably the toughest.

I’m glad Ben won after decades of losing but we all know he won because of Slott writing that win. Even in Marvel fiction the Thing is no match for this Hulk. If you compare the Hulk vs the Avengers to the Hulk vs the Thing it doesn’t make sense. That means Ben would wipe the floor with the Avengers and we know that would never happen.

I wonder how Ewing feels about this? Slott May be laying on the floor out cold himself right now.
    Yeah but he still got taken out by Stark's and T'Challa's super-weapon which I using to express that he isn't "god-like omnipotent" like another user was pointing out.
    "Cable was right!"

Titania was Class 85, same as Ben in the 80's Deluxe Handbook. She-Hulk was Class 75 but Sharon became She-Thing after the Handbook so her new strength level was not listed but she was weaker than Jen.
    Oh, OK. While I wanted Sharon to be stronger than Jen, I guess it makes the same sense for the She-Hulk to be stronger than the She-Thing like Hulk stronger than Thing.