Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I’m calling this win bull and thinking that the Hulk let Ben win this one. I mean he was mind control and he had different personalities in himself. Right ?
    The art depicted that the feedback of Ben's attack just broke the Hulk puppet so just roll with that.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Probably the closest would be World War Hulk.

In a way, I saw this as a karmic payback for what Alicia did to her stepfather. When it was revealed that she manipulated him, it would only be a matter of time before this would bite her in the back. And seeing how Phillip's anger fueled the Hulk, Alicia mirrored this with her love fueling Ben. So on one level it was Thing vs Hulk, but on another it was Alicia vs Phillip.

I agree with this. This was not the Hulk. This was a Hulk distracted. Ben, though had major motivation from his honeymoon bride.

And does Alicia now have the Puppet Master Powers? When did this happen? Is this a major revelation of this story? If Alicia is now the Puppet Master, then the F4 are now the F5. Alicia is not dead weight anymore. It has some very creepy connotations. For instance, will Alicia now carry around a clay doll of the Thing for him to do her bidding when she wants? The possibilities here are endless.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-15-2019 at 05:53 AM.

She had puppet master like powers in earth x.

As for thing vs hulk thing beat him when he was spikey (thing was stronger in that form even shocking kang when they fought) and hulk was mr fix-it however doom (of course it was doom.) sent a robot green hulk to help mr fix it and they teamed up on a tired thing and almost killed the thing!

The other time was hulk vs thing the big change that ended with thing getting the last laugh on hulk. They did a arm wrestling story also with them getting attacked by bad guys but both ignored them to do their annual arm wrestling match. (looks like they do this every year.) Ended in a draw due to the table breaking!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    And does Alicia now have the Puppet Master Powers? When did this happen?
    It happened in the FF Wedding Special (which preceded FF #5); when Ben visited her step-dad for his permission (just as a formality), at first he opposed it then suddenly agreed to it; and Ben returned to Alicia with the news, who surreptitiously just dumped a clay model of her step-dad in the trash.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought Puppet Master's puppetry was a technique and not a exclusive power anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    If Slott wrote a story about Ben defeating Hulk, I'm pretty sure he intended it to be a clear win. Not against a weakened or a holding back Hulk.
    Ben just showed that a willpower power-up can beat an anger power up. Heart will always be cooler than tantrums.
    Ben confirmed for a Care Bears character, the power of his heart can defeat Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought Puppet Master's puppetry was a technique and not a exclusive power anyway.
    It is. She learned it from her father, but usually doesn't use the models she makes to control people, instead just making models to make a living.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Ben confirmed for a Care Bears character, the power of his heart can defeat Galactus.
    All the great heroes are like that. Superman, Spider-Man, most of shonen manga heroes.
    Some of their best moments are when they break the limits and do something the stats deemed impossible.

Also I must admit it was fun to see Mr "win my fights with emotional power ups" get a taste of his own medicine.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    All the great heroes are like that. Superman, Spider-Man, most of shonen manga heroes.
    Some of their best moments are when they break the limits and do something the stats deemed impossible.

Also I must admit it was fun to see Mr "win my fights with emotional power ups" get a taste of his own medicine.
    Yea and it's laziest, most cliche thing ever.

I am all for characters breaking their limits and all but at some point it's just comical.

The problem with Hulk and his emotional power ups is that it's embedded into his character, they are part and parcel of him since the beginning, i can tell you are not a fan of Hulk i dunno what he did to upset you, but Hulk getting stronger with anger is an actual power of his, Thing doing something because Alicia gave him a talk no jutsu amp is not really a part of his powerset lol.

I figure the ring he wears has to be Ma-Ti's from Captain Planet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I figure the ring he wears has to be Ma-Ti's from Captain Planet.
    LOL, Captain Planet was helping Thing all this time.

Yea and it's laziest, most cliche thing ever.

I am all for characters breaking their limits and all but at some point it's just comical.

The problem with Hulk and his emotional power ups is that it's embedded into his character, they are part and parcel of him since the beginning, i can tell you are not a fan of Hulk i dunno what he did to upset you, but Hulk getting stronger with anger is an actual power of his, Thing doing something because Alicia gave him a talk no jutsu amp is not really a part of his powerset lol.
    Ben's willpower resulting in him overcoming obstacles you wouldn't expect is a part of his character too.

That aspect to the character has taken a backseat in more recent years for some reason.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

LOL, Captain Planet was helping Thing all this time.
    Admittedly seeing the Fantastic Four summoning Captain Planet be would make sense.

Though Ben would have to have both Earth and Heart, which would leave him with Four Rings.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A great story, but a theme that's not unique to Grimm.

My main problem aside from the mind control, is that Ewing just spent 22 issues showing How much damage the Hulk can take, and keep going including being cutto pieces or having most of his head blown off, and not only survive, but remain conscious.

And Ben just sorta hits him and in the head. Joe even took a bullet to the head in Banner's body and kept mouthing off.

It just doesn't match up, at all, with what Ewing and Bennett been doing in the Immortal Hulk. Hulk straight up didn't have a healing factor in this. Or resistance to mind control.

Why? Well because then the story wouldn't work.

If you're gonna have Thing beat the Hulk fine, but explain how he overcomes these things.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 08-15-2019 at 03:42 PM.