Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Agreed. Three issues and no Storm. Really, really bad.
    She cameos in HoX which is more we can say than Emma or Iceman.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

The Dawn of X series are months away from even beginning, and we won't truly know what the context for them is until House of X & Powers of X are finished. I don't see how it is reasonable to form much of an opinion about them one way or the other.

No writer, story, or status quote will ever be liked by everyone, especially on these boards. Given the hot mess that the X line has been for the years now, I'd say that the quality we've seen from House of X & Powers of X thus far has earned some good will and the benefit of the doubt. I'd just about given up on the X line until now. For me, House of X & Powers of X have been fresh, interesting, and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    She cameos in HoX which is more we can say than Emma or Iceman.
    LOL...we got more of Emma on the last cover than we did of Storm in HoX

My excitement dropped. I was surprised to have so many books directly out of it.

I have to say I'm disappointed that the book Hickman is writing is all Summers. Makes me lose interest before it begin and from the flagship writer.

I'm personally enjoying the 2 titles that rotate weekly. It feels like there's actual story building.

I'll check out Marauders for the team. Which I can't believe they are using that for an X-MEN team name. The rest I'll check out depending on reviews.

X-Force is my 2nd interest; but Black Tom... really. And Apocalypse. It never ends I'm so sick of villains being heroes.

Fallen Angels is already an absolute no. Uncanny is only in consideration because Hickman is writing, but again... all Summers. How awful.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    My excitement dropped.

I have to say I'm disappointed that the book Hickman is writing is all Summers. Makes me lose interest before it begin and from the flagship writer.
    X-men is a rotating cast ,The first storyline focus on Summers apparently,Then it will move on. Hickman Avenger roster handle up about 27 characters at once. Hickman is pretty good at balancing at lot of characters something you can in PoX already. The X-men is not a permanent roster, Heck we don't even really know what the roster is because covers lie. They have clearly express that X-men has no set roster except something similar to his avengers roster. Look at the dawn of X promo everyone who is not set roster is fair game for Hickman's X-men so Polaris,Lifeguard, Maggot, Northstar, ArchAngel, Guido, M, Husk, Banshee, Multiple Man, Pete Wisdom ,all those X-kids, have a very good chance to be in the X-men book.

On topic X-fans are funny,They would complain X-men being the same old stuff, They give us wild new stuff and direction. Fans complain basically that it is not the old stuff.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-14-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Do you know what incomprehensible means?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    They all seem fine. New concepts Hickman is trying. It's welcome after the lull the franchise has been in for the last 10+ years.

Nothing jumps out at me as a must read right now, but I see no red flags on any of the titles.

For those who aren't impressed yet, there's a Wave II and III coming in 2020. When they'll start announcing is anyone's guess.

If we do get books as early as Jan., then we'll hear something in Oct. But it may not be until Summer of 2020 for all we know.

It's just a matter of wait & see on it, while hoping there's something in it for you.
    What do we know about wave 2 and 3?

I have only heard about it on this board, but did read any info on it.

Does it mean wave 2 and 3 will launch extra titles, or will the 6 announced titles go away in wave 2 and be replaced by others?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Does it mean wave 2 and 3 will launch extra titles, or will the 6 announced titles go away in wave 2 and be replaced by others?
    From hearing them talk would I guess it means extra titles .Nothing I have read or listen to indicated they are phasing out and replacing but that doesn't mean book still couldn't have a set end.

The only solid information .We are already know it is at least three extra because we know Vita Alya, Leah Williams and Brisson have been said to have wave 2 books.

Noone knows it yet.

Just my thoughts:
    I think Wave 2 will start on March/April with a new X event/crossover and all 6 books will have tie-ins to boost sales.
    After event Marvel will announce 4 new X solos and maybe 1 new team but not more new teams will be announced. Then wave 3 for Fall 2020 will cancel most books from wave 1 and relauch them with new teams and writers.

It's definitely you, and honestly the constant strain of negativity is a the real hot mess here.

Fallen Angels is the only title I'm skeptical of but I'll still give it a go.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The books launch in October. OP, you're being paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think they are very meh, it may be because they are revealing too little and will look better after reading.
    You just described how comic book solicitations work. Congrats.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 08-15-2019 at 06:11 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

new mutants looks so fire it makes the other books smell bad
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    new mutants looks so fire it makes the other books smell bad
    I'm still mad that Karma has the C3PO leg when they have Giorno on Krakoa.
    "Cable was right!"

Only problem with Dawn of X is, I don't know most of the writers.

I'm reluctant with young guns after Age of X-man.

For all we know, these waves are a new "Life" of Moira. She dies at the end of HOX/POX and Wave 1 is her 11th Life. There are some subtle nods to this even in these covers (Why do the New Mutants look so young? If Betsy never was trapped in her other body would she have possibly become Captain Britain?) If Apocalypse taught her the secret of immortality in Life 9, it's possible that Destiny's premonition never comes to pass because her path was changed drastically enough. It's not like we didn't see something happen like that within the Dairies storyline.