View Poll Results: How do you feel about this issue ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • ⭐️

4 19.05%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️

3 14.29%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

7 33.33%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

3 14.29%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

4 19.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    In Pre-Flashpoint she definetely had a job, because she met Cassie and her mother there...
    She did as a guest lecturer at the museum where Helena Sandsmark worked. She didn't have anyone complaining about her not spending enough time at home then.

For a young man and/or adolescent to juggle work/life balance is a different thing than an adult woman. Peter is juggling a secret identity, a job or school, and a relationship. He was also created for this kind of struggle.
    How young is young man - he was mid 20s by then or later (wedding anniversary story, as I recall).

But it's certainly not just him. I've seen it a good bit (which is why I call it a trope) . I associate it with the 1990s, but that may be because that's when I started reading comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    How young is young man - he was mid 20s by then or later (wedding anniversary story, as I recall).

But it's certainly not just him. I've seen it a good bit (which is why I call it a trope) . I associate it with the 1990s, but that may be because that's when I started reading comics.
    Curious - Marvel or DC?

But again, the point still stands - this is a demi-god superhero without a job, without Themyscira, and with superspeed who, for the second time in 5 years being depicted as incapable of juggling various aspects of her life. Granted, GWW is not nearly as bad as the Finches (shudder - no sign of a teddy bear!), but there is zero reason she should not be leading a full and happy life with Steve. Every other DC superhero (possible exception of Aquaman where the plot is keeping him and Mera apart) deals with work, family, superheroing and a love life without the hero and his/her partner whining about whether or not they truly love each other because they have other commitments in life.

I miss a confident, joyous, powerful Diana who is smart, wise and competent.

Another 3 star issue, IMO. Slightly above average.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    She did as a guest lecturer at the museum where Helena Sandsmark worked. She didn't have anyone complaining about her not spending enough time at home then.
    To be fair, her only home was Themyscira at that time. In Pre-Flashpoint, Amazons have a maternal role towards Diana and totally understand her mission, so her absences would not be a big problem.

Romantic relationships tend to be more complicated in this situation, since you really need to pass some quality time with your couple. Not that you do not need to spend quality time with your family, but the absence does not affect the relationship so much.

Of course, Wonder Woman being affected by this situation (while Superman has no difficulties) is due to the kind of story the writer wants to tell.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-16-2019 at 09:06 AM.

You have to have conflict from somewhere and most people can relate to time restraints and the absence of a loved one breeding doubts. GWW has added conflict to Steve and Diana's relationship without either of them cheating physically or emotionally or falling out of love. There was a genuine feeling of trepidation when they saw each other again because so many possible scenarios were available, it was hard to know what would happen next. I think that's commendable, but that's probably just me.

Extraordinary Member

The thing that annoys me about this issue is that it’s actually pretty good.

GWW seems to write Wonder Woman pretty well here, where it’s all characters and minimal Action. If she wrote stories like the one last issue with the same skill, I’d be well pleased.

Not sure I liked the “you’re still my enemy now” line for Diana, but it was a nice homage to Peter O’toole in Troy.

I gave this 4/5. A big step up from my 1/5 last issue.
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-17-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Also, Steve killed a bunch of werewolves/demons (?) on his own and Aphrodite confirmed Diana doesn't fake her orgasms. Good for you Steve.
    Naturally she isn’t faking. It’s STEVE TREVOR.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Naturally she isn’t faking. It’s STEVE TREVOR.
    That sounds like the level of respect normally reserved for Tom Tressor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well, Tom was really only around because Steve was unavailable. So naturally the real deal should get respect.

Not really impressed here. I feel like all the points we expected to be adressed in this run are being adressed, but without that much soul or enthusiasm.

Diana returning home and seeing Hippolyta again was just ok.
    Cale seeing her daughter again was just ok.
    Not even Aphrodite dying was impressive.

This whole run lacks emotional depth for me. Which is weird cause I adore Wilson's first arcs in Ms. Marvel for the opposite reason: it has a lot of heart.

At least the slate is pretty clean and ideal now? Some amazons we love are back and the villains are there, and Diana can return to Themyscira. I hope it gets better now that there is no more old plot points to deal with.