Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It makes no god damn sense because it literally can only be applied to one thing. Which is OMD. Your arguing point falls apart when you think about Mephisto for any amount of time that doesn't relate to Peter Parker. Which is most of Mephisto's time.
    I clearly meant post-OMD. Since OMD everything Mephisto has been involved with has contained a reference to the event in one form or another. Open your eyes and look at what we are discussing in this very thread.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I clearly meant post-OMD. Since OMD everything Mephisto has been involved with has contained a reference to the event in one form or another.
    Mephisto in Champions and Avengers has absolutely nothing to do with romance.

Nobody was thinking about Clea and Strange before this run cause they had been out of a relationship for years.

For your comparison to make sense. They would have had to have used mephisto either with peter parker or several situations similar to Peter parker's own.

They don't do that so that comparison literally makes zero sense.

And that isn't even counting the fact that there's a gap of like 15 years between omd and all of this other stuff.

But sure, recurring joke.

All your posts tells me is you don't read stories with Mephisto

Nobody was thinking about Clea and Strange before this run cause they had been out of a relationship for years.

For your comparison to make sense. They would have had to have used mephisto either with peter parker or several situations similar to Peter parker's own.

And that isn't even counting the fact that there's a gap of like 15 years between omd and all of this other stuff.

All your posts tell me is you don't read stories with Mephisto
    All your posts tell me is you have no sense.

Champions - Mephisto offers Miles Morales a deal and says later he is interested in the "Spiders".

In Damnation - Mephisto offers Ben Reilly a deal and says the same.

Clea and Strange - so obvious I don't need to even reference it.

All these things relate back to OMD.

Edit - You are objectively wrong and the evidence proves it.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-18-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Mighty Member

All your posts tell me is you have no sense.

Champions - Mephisto offers Miles Morales a deal and says later he is interested in the "Spiders".

In Damnation - Mephisto offers Ben Reilly a deal and says the same.

Clea and Strange - so obvious I don't need to even reference it.

All these things relate back to OMD.

Edit - You are objectively wrong and the evidence proves it.
    All that tells me is they have a mephisto event coming up that clearly is pulling on OMD. That is not the same god damn thing as a mephisto recurring joke. Thet fact that earliest thing you've got to pull from is Damnation an event that's 2 years old (and ended on a cliffhanger stating that the stuff with hell was far from over) tells me you're not paying attention.

If everything is clearly setting up an event. If the other pieces only have tangential relation to omd and mephisto has been some odd decade not doing anything with spiders.

Chances are its an event and not a recurring joke. Cause for a joke to be recurring, it has to happen with something reflecting consistency, which this doesn't.

All that tells me is they have a mephisto event coming up that clearly is pulling on OMD. That is not the same god damn thing as a mephisto recurring joke....
    I bet you there is no such event. I sincerely hope there is but I suspect there isn't. Either way, we'll see. Until and unless such an event materializes I'll continue to content those in the Marvel Office are trolling the fans for their own amusement.

Mighty Member

I bet you there is no such event. I sincerely hope there is but I suspect there isn't. Either way, we'll see. Until and unless such an event materializes I'll continue to content those in the Marvel Office are trolling the fans for their own amusement.
    There's gullibility and there's being a needless pessimist. All your post tells menisnyou're theblatyer considering they've already noted that there's a mephisto arc in avengers and that spencer's run has been doing nothing but unraveling peter's past.

But sure, they're just gonna leave it alone for... again you got no fucking reason cause quesada isn't even in charge or at marvel.

There's gullibility and there's being a needless pessimist. All your post tells menisnyou're theblatyer considering they've already noted that there's a mephisto arc in avengers and that spencer's run has been doing nothing but unraveling peter's past.

But sure, they're just gonna leave it alone for... again you got no fucking reason cause quesada isn't even in charge or at marvel.
    Sure, whatever you want to think.

Joe Quesada Chief Creative Officer

If there is such an event coming, not saying there is, first they need Mephisto back in charge of his realm which I feel is where Avengers is going to allude to.

Next, we need to see where Spencer is going with his OC villain, is he tied to OMD and therefore Mephisto or not?

His interactions with Miles and Ben could very well be hints of something coming down the line.

Someone pointed out that in order to undo OMD we need May to die and Peter to be outed, I don't believe so. I mean what if OMD isn't really completely undone? Or perhaps in the process of potentially undoing OMD, it doesn't peter who makes the sacrifice but May willingly accepting her death in order to give him back perhaps not only MJ but his daughter as well? And if they erased his identity once why can't they do it again? I mean Strange, Stark and Reed could do it again if they need to.

At this point wouldn't Marvel benefit more from restoring one of its greater couples? I mean if they hated romance or the idea of marriage so much why are Sue and Reed still together then? Or let Ben and Alicia get together (fingers crossed). So far the only marriege i think they did kill of was the potential one between Kitty and Colossus and maybe Rogue and Gambit (i think that was killed with the reboot, not sure yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...At this point wouldn't Marvel benefit more from restoring one of its greater couples? I mean if they hated romance or the idea of marriage so much why are Sue and Reed still together then? Or let Ben and Alicia get together (fingers crossed). So far the only marriege i think they did kill of was the potential one between Kitty and Colossus and maybe Rogue and Gambit (i think that was killed with the reboot, not sure yet)
    In the case of Peter Parker, those in the Marvel Office want to keep the character "young and hip". They feel if Peter is married let all own has a young daughter he'll cease to be "young & hip". The proceeding reason is why I'm doubtful they will ever reverse OMD. Of course, they now have Miles who can fill the role of "young & hip" Spider-Man so who knows.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    If there is such an event coming, not saying there is, first they need Mephisto back in charge of his realm which I feel is where Avengers is going to allude to.

Next, we need to see where Spencer is going with his OC villain, is he tied to OMD and therefore Mephisto or not?

His interactions with Miles and Ben could very well be hints of something coming down the line.

Someone pointed out that in order to undo OMD we need May to die and Peter to be outed, I don't believe so. I mean what if OMD isn't really completely undone? Or perhaps in the process of potentially undoing OMD, it doesn't peter who makes the sacrifice but May willingly accepting her death in order to give him back perhaps not only MJ but his daughter as well? And if they erased his identity once why can't they do it again? I mean Strange, Stark and Reed could do it again if they need to.

At this point wouldn't Marvel benefit more from restoring one of its greater couples? I mean if they hated romance or the idea of marriage so much why are Sue and Reed still together then? Or let Ben and Alicia get together (fingers crossed). So far the only marriege i think they did kill of was the potential one between Kitty and Colossus and maybe Rogue and Gambit (i think that was killed with the reboot, not sure yet)
    Rogue and Gambit will still be together in Excalibur by Tini Howard, as far as I know. As for Sue and Reed, the only reason they're still together, I feel, is that they had the good grace to already be married when the people who wanted Peter and Mary Jane split up were growing up reading Marvel comics. That, and Sue is a mother, so they don't want to split up a family just to get her (or Reed) single again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

All your posts tells me is you don't read stories with Mephisto
    For the Spider-man and Mephisto connections... https://community.cbr.com/showthread...or-Champions-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    One of them is Damnation
    Thanks UCA.