View Poll Results: How would you rate Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent. One of the best current ongoing Spidey series.

4 10.26%
  • Very Good. It has some minor flaws, but still very good Spider-man Series

12 30.77%
  • Good. Solid series but the series could improve more.

8 20.51%
  • Okay. Nothing terribly bad but nothing spectacularly good either.

9 23.08%
  • Bad. Yeah, this series doesn't work for me.

6 15.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I cannot blame the Parker's. Why? Parents quite often have to make difficult decisions about kids and that is especially true if they have to "Live in the shadows" as spies ofren do.
    Why can Peter stay with Ben while they can't inform him about Mary Parker being pregnant with a second child?

Think of the ending of 'The Americans' where they decided to give away their son, because they knew he would be better off here then in the USSR.
    Those characters are bad guys and amoral figures. Whereas Richard and Mary Parker are true blue types. And again why did they not hide Peter if that was the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Why can Peter stay with Ben while they can't inform him about Mary Parker being pregnant with a second child?

Those characters are bad guys and amoral figures. Whereas Richard and Mary Parker are true blue types. And again why did they not hide Peter if that was the case?
    You're asking a question that has not been answered and then getting angry at it. Does that sound right to you?

We don't know the motivations for Peter and Teresa's parents to do what they did. As Yankee pointed out, it may have to do with the SHIELD thing, which makes sense. So why get so worked up about it?

It's very good. Clever plots and endings, though sometimes a little anticlimatic. The Under york stuff's quality could go either way in the future, and The Rumor backstory is pretty standard, but the characters's moments are glorious. Taylor knows how to make one care for their motivations and sufferings and so far the art changing has been pretty contained, with some good pencillers at the job. The Spider-Bite's issue and Peter supporting May through chemo were amazing moments. I really expect that the series keep on going with this quality, it's as good as ASM and very different too, so it makes a nice companion where one can read both titles and experience two united but unique sides of Peter Parker/Spider-Man's life
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    It's very good. Clever plots and endings, though sometimes a little anticlimatic. The Under york stuff's quality could go either way in the future, and The Rumor backstory is pretty standard, but the characters's moments are glorious. Taylor knows how to make one care for their motivations and sufferings and so far the art changing has been pretty contained, with some good pencillers at the job. The Spider-Bite's issue and Peter supporting May through chemo were amazing moments. I really expect that the series keep on going with this quality, it's as good as ASM and very different too, so it makes a nice companion where one can read both titles and experience two united but unique sides of Peter Parker/Spider-Man's life
    I completely agree! The character work in this series is masterful. In issue 10, when the villain gives Peter a nightmare like dream, Peter has a great moment. Check it out below!

SmartSelect_20190819-064633_Comics.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I completely agree! The character work in this series is masterful. In issue 10, when the villain gives Peter a nightmare like dream, Peter has a great moment. Check it out below!

SmartSelect_20190819-064633_Comics.jpg
    That was a spectacular moment, and his speech on that page summed up the character at his best.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was a spectacular moment, and his speech on that page summed up the character at his best.
    It's the best part of having a secondary series: great character moments to supplement the main series while stand on it's own.

I just feel the series need a little more direction. I enjoyed the last issue and that moment with the villain was especially good. Like someone else mentioned it perfectly summed up the character of Spider-Man. It just felt like the previous issues were a bit bland after the extremely high note that Spider bit hit.