View Poll Results: How would you rate Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent. One of the best current ongoing Spidey series.

4 10.26%
  • Very Good. It has some minor flaws, but still very good Spider-man Series

12 30.77%
  • Good. Solid series but the series could improve more.

8 20.51%
  • Okay. Nothing terribly bad but nothing spectacularly good either.

9 23.08%
  • Bad. Yeah, this series doesn't work for me.

6 15.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I liked the alternate/back-in-time storyline. I’m a sucker for butterfly effect stories. At the time, Slott was finishing up with “Red Goblin”, and I thought the Spec arc had the superior Norman Osborn story.

I agree those 2 stories you mentioned are masterpieces. I’m still waiting for Taylor to give us even one masterpiece.

BANNED

Not so pleased with FNSM and Taylor's visio despite being one of my favourite writers thanks to Injustice.
    And i never understood the logic behind Spec's ending and being replaced by a title that had zero significance to Spidey's history.
    So far, the issues that iliked are the one with May's chemo and the Spider Bite tale which was humane and sensitive.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 08-16-2019 at 12:52 PM.

The title had been just ok for me so far but I’m very much looking forward to the next issue focused on MJ. Hopefully it’s a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I liked the alternate/back-in-time storyline. I’m a sucker for butterfly effect stories. At the time, Slott was finishing up with “Red Goblin”, and I thought the Spec arc had the superior Norman Osborn story.

I agree those 2 stories you mentioned are masterpieces. I’m still waiting for Taylor to give us even one masterpiece.
    The interesting thing about that alternate timeline story was that, according to Zdarsky, it was done to give Slott the full story for present day Spidey, which makes sense. So Zdarsky not only worked well with what he was given, but ended on a high note. Brilliant writing.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    The interesting thing about that alternate timeline story was that, according to Zdarsky, it was done to give Slott the full story for present day Spidey, which makes sense. So Zdarsky not only worked well with what he was given, but ended on a high note. Brilliant writing.
    He left Teresa on a pretty bittersweet note though.

Like, I get needing to write her out for various reasons, but jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He left Teresa on a pretty bittersweet note though.

Like, I get needing to write her out for various reasons, but jeez.
    I don't doubt for a second that someone will bring her back. She is now Peter's biological sister (which, honestly, I'm surprised isn't a big deal); so with Peter having family, that'll come into play soon enough.

I don't doubt for a second that someone will bring her back. She is now Peter's biological sister (which, honestly, I'm surprised isn't a big deal); so with Peter having family, that'll come into play soon enough.
    I feel like it's because of the biological sister angle that people don't really want to deal with her. I mean, it's not like anyone's followed up on it even though she was in a situation where conceivably Peter would be knee-deep in dealing with (and probably would have if Zdarsky had stuck around on the book).

I thought the SpiderByte issue was great, and I really liked the first issue, but pretty much everything else for me has been subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it's because of the biological sister angle that people don't really want to deal with her. I mean, it's not like anyone's followed up on it even though she was in a situation where conceivably Peter would be knee-deep in dealing with (and probably would have if Zdarsky had stuck around on the book).
    Give it time. Someone, probably Spencer, will bring her back.

BANNED

Eventually they will just retcon Teresa into a "not-a-Parker-after-all". I mean that's why it's been underplayed and unacknowledged.

I doubt Zdarsky himself believed Teresa really was Peter's sister. He just needed a female character to pair with Peter that Slott had no access to, and who could be platonic with him. Apparently Zdarsky said that he wanted to feature MJ in a similar role in his run, since Slott had wrote them as exes but friends and that's how he wrote them in FCBD but Slott wanted to keep Peter and MJ more distant.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Eventually they will just retcon Teresa into a "not-a-Parker-after-all". I mean that's why it's been underplayed and unacknowledged.

I doubt Zdarsky himself believed Teresa really was Peter's sister. He just needed a female character to pair with Peter that Slott had no access to, and who could be platonic with him. Apparently Zdarsky said that he wanted to feature MJ in a similar role in his run, since Slott had wrote them as exes but friends and that's how he wrote them in FCBD but Slott wanted to keep Peter and MJ more distant.
    It's presumed that Zdarsky had plans to do more after the Teresa/Tinkerer arc. The reason he left the book (and Marvel 2-In-One) was because Marvel offered him Invaders and Daredevil, which he couldn't do all at once. So if they hadn't had done it, we most likely would've had Zdarsky's Spectacular continue on with whatever other ideas he had.

And yes, he did intend for her to be his real sister. Spencer has said in other interviews he doesn't have plans to get Teresa involved at the moment, but that there is still a possibility down the line, so anything goes. Him including Trapstr, who's only other appearance was the FCBD Spectacular issue, shows at least more general awareness of the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And yes, he did intend for her to be his real sister. Spencer has said in other interviews he doesn't have plans to get Teresa involved at the moment, but that there is still a possibility down the line, so anything goes. Him including Trapstr, who's only other appearance was the FCBD Spectacular issue, shows at least more general awareness of the book.
    I guess. But eventually Teresa will be retconned into someone who mistakenly thought she was Peter's sister or something.

That's definitely going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I guess. But eventually Teresa will be retconned into someone who mistakenly thought she was Peter's sister or something.

That's definitely going to happen.
    They already did that though, at the end of "Family Business". So doing it twice just ruins good story potential.

They already did that though, at the end of "Family Business". So doing it twice just ruins good story potential.
    The end of that story hinted that Teresa was really Peter's sister after all. But yeah the back and forth seems unnecessary.

I don't actually see any downside to Teresa being Peter's sister.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The end of that story hinted that Teresa was really Peter's sister after all. But yeah the back and forth seems unnecessary.

I don't actually see any downside to Teresa being Peter's sister.
    Me neither. I think it opens the door for Peter to have some more development on the family side. For years, it's just been him and Aunt May (then the addition of JJJ Sr.), but I think Peter needs someone he can talk to about all of this that he isn't dating or is not a superhero. Theresa fits that role.