Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Ironheart #9 was fun

I've never really kept up with Riri, but I read this issue on a whim of a recommendation, and it was pretty alright. A solid good time. The splash page did a good job summing up what happened in previous issues, and the writing itself did not exclude me. It was fun seeing Shuri and Riri butt heads.

The book's been really good, and I don't even care about New Warriors!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

i don't care about Riri. only here for the new warriors tie-in.

Eve Ewing knocks it out of the park again and again. I wish Marvel invested a little more in Ironheart and this solo because this is definitive Riri stuff. The New Warriors stuff is cool ig.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i don't care about Riri. only here for the new warriors tie-in.
    I'm the opposite. I like Riri's personal stuff, but fall asleep whenever they remind us of her Champions affiliation or attempt to link her to New Warriors characters.

You know what's surprising? That nobody's mentioned that the Champions have basically replaced the New Warriors. They have a very similar mission statement (change and save the world, and do it their own way, not the Avengers' way) and both teams have Nova.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Personally, I like Riri and don't mind if she hangs out with the Champions -- afterall, she still has her own book

This issue was good. I almost passed of that series because of the stupid overpriced first issue.

I'm still pissed that 616 Shuri got replaced with movie Shuri, but her interactions with Riri were refreshing. I love that they didn't fangirl over each other from the start.
    Another good surprise: a nice portrayal of Tony Stark, for once.

And the use of New Warriors characters is the icing on the cake.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    This issue was good. I almost passed of that series because of the stupid overpriced first issue.

I'm still pissed that 616 Shuri got replaced with movie Shuri, but her interactions with Riri were refreshing. I love that they didn't fangirl over each other from the start.
    Another good surprise: a nice portrayal of Tony Stark, for once.

And the use of New Warriors characters is the icing on the cake.
    Especially when . . . spoilers:
    enters Silhouette!
    end of spoilers

That said, given that Champions has apparently been canceled, is Marvel testing the waters through Ironheart's current solo for a New Warriors relaunch? If so, I hope it integrates the Champions members, since they do share the same mission statement and I've always figured the New Warriors could work as older sibling-type mentors for the Champions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I feel like Riri is the best continued Bendis character not being written by Bendis. Ewing does an amazing job! This book did not get much love from Marvel. You can tell be variant cover treatment etc...Give us more Ewing and Ironheart!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know what's surprising? That nobody's mentioned that the Champions have basically replaced the New Warriors. They have a very similar mission statement (change and save the world, and do it their own way, not the Avengers' way) and both teams have Nova.
    Eh, we discuss it all the time in the New Warriors thread. But I wouldn't say that the Champions hold the mission statement well, all things considered.

You'd think it would come up in-universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah even the new avengers was called out by nighthawk for just being the defenders with the avengers name at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Especially when . . . spoilers:
    enters Silhouette!
    end of spoilers

That said, given that Champions has apparently been canceled, is Marvel testing the waters through Ironheart's current solo for a New Warriors relaunch? If so, I hope it integrates the Champions members, since they do share the same mission statement and I've always figured the New Warriors could work as older sibling-type mentors for the Champions.
    Doubt it. Marvel seems to be gearing up to bring the Young Avengers back.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Doubt it. Marvel seems to be gearing up to bring the Young Avengers back.
    they are not mutually exclusive.