Default Disney first studio in history to have 5 Billion dollar films in one year!

And the year is not even half way over yet plus frozen 2 and star wars is not out yet!

https://deadline.com/2019/08/toy-sto...ne-1202668925/

Disney is the first studio in history to have 5 billion dollar movies in one year with toy story 4 crossing the billion club!

And that's not counting that the 6th billion dollar movie this year is directly connected to their MCU.

Not sure when we'll see a year like this again.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

it seems to be a weird fetish of movie enthusiasts, how much money movies and studios make. me, i couldnīt care less.
    heck, not even tickets sold are compared, which ofc can start the next discussion about inflation.
    probably soon some spoiled new money kid will buy a movie for 2 billion just to watch it with his entourage and that will be the highest grossing movie... for the next few weeks
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm old enough to remember how huge a thing it was when E.T. passed $100 million.

Nowadays, people lose their jobs if a movie doesn't make a billion.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm old enough to remember how huge a thing it was when E.T. passed $100 million.

Unless the film had an absurd budget where it needed to break a billion just to be profitable(which I don't think has happened) I don't think you'd see anyone lose their job because their project didn't reach a billion.

Billion dollars films are like chicken change for disney now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

With so few billion dollar movies this year, that means a LOT of people are out of jobs...