BANNED

Default Finally the House of Mouse Meets the House of Ideas for D23 Marvel 80th cover...

At last a sort of official cover that has the iconic Mickey Mouse meeting the Marvel Superheroes....FINALLY this happened and it's long overdue, right ?

As fans of Mickey and/or Marvel: What do you think of this ?

https://www.cbr.com/mickey-mouse-joi...0-d23-variant/

Remember that Southpark episode with Mickey and the Jonas Brothers? Something like that behind scenes.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Remember that Southpark episode with Mickey and the Jonas Brothers? Something like that behind scenes.
    I remember that episode as that was kind of how some could view Mickey and the company he rolls.

...At least it's not Jessie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...At least it's not Jessie.
    Kind of too soon with that one considering what happened.

I'd fight that mouse to protect Carol's smile.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sure. Marvel and Disney will retcon Donald Duck coming from Duckworld one of these days, mark my words.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sure. Marvel and Disney will retcon Donald Duck coming from Duckworld one of these days, mark my words.
    A Howard the Duck and Darkwing Duck team up comic. When?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I was just reading about this from twitter and the people on twitter are outrage this cover was made. They say it's a 'slap to Stan Lee and he should be there'. How they won't buy this. This single handedly ruins Marvel. Mickey is a rat ect ect ect...

This variant is one in what I assume is going to be BOATLOADS of variant covers (store variants alone will be in vast high numbers). I'm assuming one will have Stan in it (of course one can argue having Stan Lee on a cover is a 'slap to Stan lee as it uses him to sell a cover' but in the end there just no pleasing everybody).

Now this cover can ONLY BE attained if you pay and go to the D23 (the huge Disney convention with super Disney fans attending) and go to the panel talking about Marvel's history. We seen exclusive made covers for various conventions all the time and this convention is a DISNEY one with DISNEY fans attending who might also enjoy comics and thus highly likely attending this panel and will receive this. They most likely will love having this cover. It was MADE FOR THIS EVENT ONLY AND FOR THOSE GUESTS ONLY. Also Mickey isn't in the main story but on the special D23 variant cover.

We've seen DC and Looney Tunes characters have variants together. We've seen Looney Tunes and DC characters have STORIES together and I personally enjoyed some of them. It was all fun and enjoyable and nobody claimed it ruined DC. Warner Bros owns DC and Warner doesn't get the outrage like I'm reading Disney gets from others just from a cover. Phineas and Ferb (Disney) and Marvel character had a fun crossover already (Phineas and Ferb also had a fun crossover with Star Wars).

I personally would love to have that cover (but I know being expensive for the D23 event only it will cost alot on Ebay). I am a Marvel but before being a Marvel fan I was and am a Disney fan.

Also people are outrage no Mutants or their favorite character isn't on the cover (not counting various symbols). Some people on twitter are outrage Captain Marvel is on the cover (this hate has me rolling my eyes).
    I can understand stating disappointment if your favorite character isn't there nor has a symbol placed within (I'm a Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman and Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel fan and happy to see a Ms Marvel symbol found within but disappointed of not finding a Spider-Gwen one). The artist has only so much room and of course logically the MCU shown characters will have better odds of being on this cover over others.

I recall a person making a Disney/Marvel thread on this forum before that I think started as a worry/complaint of possible crossovers of the two but then others posted which in turn became the Disney/Marvel fun crossovers they WANTED to see thread by the end.

This is a Disney expo only exclusive variant. There are a tons of other variants also made for this issue. This isn't a big deal and overall the people who will get this cover are going to the event and thus they might cherish it being fans of both Disney and Marvel (or sell on Ebay for people willing to buy it for big bucks most likely just like any conventions exclusive covers since Ebay and conventions products began).

No reason to make a mountain out of a exclusive molehill about this but for some people it is. Overall I like it but I'm a Disney/Marvel fan so I'm personally bias but even if I didn't I still not think much about 'a' variant and would just begin looking over the other variant options made to find the one I would personally enjoy the most and can afford when it comes out provided if I plan to buy this issue at all.

Hopefully forms the basis of the next kingdom hearts