Default Marvel Unlimited instability?

Is anyone else having trouble loading comics on Marvel Unlimited?
    I haven't been able to read anything there since yesterday and their customer support via e-mail is really terrible :/
    I wanted to know if it was a general problem or just me.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

They're upgrading servers and changing accounts to be connected to the Disney Company login system. So rather than sign in with a username/email/password, it will be strictly email/password.
    You will have to go in and update your information and play the waiting game until everything is back up in working order.
    Pain in the ass, as the tablet I am using has refused to acknowledge the changes I made.
    No problems logging in on my desktop, but the tablet is...grrrrrrrrr.

Like Green Hulk said they're upgrading and it's taking longer than they expected. You can get in online but not through mobile right now. It's pretty much a waiting game at this point.

Why not use Comixology instead, assuming you're just wanting to look at today's new releases?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

So I received a confirmation email this morning about my MU subsscription.
    This explains why it's taking so long...sounds like the transition from username to strictly email reconfigures everything as if it were a new account.
    No changes were made and my reading list was still in order, so give it some time and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    So I received a confirmation email this morning about my MU subsscription.
    This explains why it's taking so long...sounds like the transition from username to strictly email reconfigures everything as if it were a new account.
    No changes were made and my reading list was still in order, so give it some time and see what happens.
    I went to Marvel's website a few days ago to link my account to Contest of Champions and set up Insider to get rewards.
    I noticed I still had my old Yahoo as my e-mail, so I switched it to my Gmail.
    Then set up Insider and redeemed my points (there were a lot to put in).

Went to check it last night and I couldn't log in.
    I also tried my old e-mail address and that didn't work.
    I e-mailed support and haven't heard anything back, yet.

I just tried logging in again and couldn't.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why not use Comixology instead, assuming you're just wanting to look at today's new releases?
    If he's subscribing to Marvel Unlimited he doesn't have to pay anything extra to read the comics, providing they're on there.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The problem I am having is I get logged in OK but when I try to redeem a digital code, suddenly it wants me to log in again. Then it makes me reset my password.

When they made the switch I noticed I was having some issues so I used the password reset on the Marvel Unlimited web site. Once I was in I made sure I could get into both parts of the site Marvel Unlimited and the Digital Store.

After that the Marvel Digital Store app on my tablet was working but Marvel Unlimited wasn't. Last night when I got home I tried again and Marvel Unlimited was working.

I think they were transitioning the apps on August 28, 2019 and it just took them the whole day to transition all the different platforms to the new logon system.

Both Marvel Digital Store and Marvel Unlimited apps are working properly and they do require an e-mail logon now instead of a username.

Now it's back to the usual crashes LOL.
    Love the content, but the app is terrible.

Wake me up when they restore the two-page view.......