Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hank Pym (possibly) makes an appearance in Tony's current Iron Man series.
    It’s been stated that Pymtron will be in Ultron Agenda.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Totally looking forward to it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Since Pym is literally about the only Marvel I cared about it has become rare that I come to this forum anymore.
    Imagine my surprise to learn that his appreciation thread was closed.
    Yeah, he got dissed, whacked, dissed, and whacked again in a horrible way with apparently Marvel's nod of okay, but why close the fan thread? Did Marvel threaten somebody or something?

I'm serious. Not getting why an Appreciation thread would be closed unless the commenters went really over the bend to such a point it wasn't worth moderating anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Follow this thread, friend! ^^^^ I started it early this year when I saw some appreciation threads were closed (randomly, it would appear). As someone else said, there was some problems with the forums, and if I recall correctly the admin thought closing some threads might help. Can't remember the details... sorry about that.

The Hank Pym thread is not very active these days since there is literally nothing new to talk about But I'm really happy to see a fellow Pym Pal!
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 08-16-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Yeah, but hasn't Hank's soul been yanked from Pymtron in Infinity Countdown, then devoured by Devondra? I don't think there's anything left of Hank in Ultron...

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Yeah, but hasn't Hank's soul been yanked from Pymtron in Infinity Countdown, then devoured by Devondra? I don't think there's anything left of Hank in Ultron...
    I wasn't aware too much of the Infinity Countdown as I never read it. So thanks for the info.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I wasn't aware too much of the Infinity Countdown as I never read it. So thanks for the info.
    In any case, Pymtron seems to be involved in Tony's next arc, so we might learn something about it at that time!

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quick read through and I want to apologize for everything.
    This past year my dad died of two diseases (the doctors called it a toss-up of which one actually killed him off first) so I forgot about the closing of threads.
    Then after starting this thread I found out a good friend and neighbor is dying from a stroke and is not expected to live much longer. Then mom had a mini stroke or something....
    So utterly forgot I'd made a thread until went searching through my History due to a computer glitch.

Anyway, yeah, if there is a new HP Thread in existence would appreciate a link to it. Pym became my favorite from the cartoon show. Before that I had a kind-of liking for Cyclops--also from a cartoon show.
    (Yes, yes; I can sure pick 'em.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Follow this thread, friend! ^^^^ I started it early this year when I saw some appreciation threads were closed (randomly, it would appear). As someone else said, there was some problems with the forums, and if I recall correctly the admin thought closing some threads might help. Can't remember the details... sorry about that.

The Hank Pym thread is not very active these days since there is literally nothing new to talk about But I'm really happy to see a fellow Pym Pal!
    Woah, wait just a minute. When did Pym Pals become a thing? Was it officially voted on? Cause I vote nay.

This past year my dad died of two diseases (the doctors called it a toss-up of which one actually killed him off first) so I forgot about the closing of threads.
    Then after starting this thread I found out a good friend and neighbor is dying from a stroke and is not expected to live much longer. Then mom had a mini stroke or something....
    So utterly forgot I'd made a thread until went searching through my History due to a computer glitch.

Anyway, yeah, if there is a new HP Thread in existence would appreciate a link to it. Pym became my favorite from the cartoon show. Before that I had a kind-of liking for Cyclops--also from a cartoon show.
    Sorry about your father and everything else your going through.

you mean except the brain patterns that he used to create Ultron in the first place, right? i'd argue that Ultron has always been Pym; just a feral version who doesn't fall back on the chemical imbalance.

And Vision and Wonder Man would argue otherwise. Ultron is more or less Pym’s brain child, Pym’s brain pattern was just a template.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-28-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And Vision and Wonder Man would argue otherwise. Ultron is more or less Pym’s brain child, Pym’s brain pattern was just a template.
    they would if they both weren't just toys for Wanda or Ultron, you mean? does either character have enough of a personality to point out the differences? Rogue absorbed Simon. why didn't her personality change?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. I think the one you had bookmarked got closed. Most appreciation threads had to be rebooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Since this is presumably going to be an annual thing, would there be a way to insert a link to the new thread in the final post of the old one when this happens next, to prevent similar confusion? Kyer may be the only one who made a thread about it, but there may be other infrequent posters who just don't know the thread they'd been following (maybe only responding to it when they got a notification that it had been posted to) was closed and a new one started in it's place. It's a bit of a logistical problem though since the new thread will only be created once the old one is closed, so it would have to be up to the mods to add the link.
    Ahh, I see the confusion now.

Well, if we'd had advanced warning about the Great Appreciation Thread Closing, folks could have done something like that. As it was, I had the feeling that there was a mod somewhere, gleefully closing Appreciation Threads, on the first page or two as they appeared. And IIRC, there was some one who was actually bumping old Appreciation Threads to the first page then. No, I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, thank you very much. And then there was alot of stake claiming going on to start the new threads. It was a mess.

Now that we know what will likely be going on, people who actually post in those threads can handle it in a less hurried and frenzied manner and give proper links and intro pages.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I posted the link on the first page.

Sorry to hear things are going so badly for you.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I am so sorry for your loss and your hardship

I'll copy for you the link to the Hank Pym forum so that you won't have to scroll back up.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2019

Take good care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Woah, wait just a minute. When did Pym Pals become a thing? Was it officially voted on? Cause I vote nay.
    Well, I think it was sort of a tongue-in-cheek joke at some point, to counter the "Carol Corps". It's not an official thing, so you don't have to use it I find it kind of funny myself

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff