Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Don't forget atlas comics! (the 70s version)

History of Charlton Comics.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    History of Charlton Comics.

And in during that history, Charlton came to have quite the cast of characters, some of which lead to counterparts being created for Watchmen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Don't forget Now comics!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Ah, never heard of them before. Interesting!
    Now itself existed from 1985 to mid 1990's as a comics publisher. It grew with the success from licensed properties as seen above and others like Terminator , Twilight Zone etc. In fact Alex Ross 1st pro work was in Terminator : The Burning Earth.

Its just like most licensed properties ; they have a short shelf life. By the time of the speculator bust and losing steam they couldn't continue. They tried a comeback in mid 2000's and it failed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Picturebox.
    Also Innovation:

I remember liking Stuart Immonen's Hero Alliance.

Then there's dreamwave and it's nasty history. However it and that wizard mag story where artists draw 80s cartoons more or less jumpstarted the 80s boom of the early 2000s! (and showed the ips owners they can use these ips again!)

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Now itself existed from 1985 to mid 1990's as a comics publisher. It grew with the success from licensed properties as seen above and others like Terminator , Twilight Zone etc. In fact Alex Ross 1st pro work was in Terminator : The Burning Earth.

Its just like most licensed properties ; they have a short shelf life. By the time of the speculator bust and losing steam they couldn't continue. They tried a comeback in mid 2000's and it failed.
    They did get a direct to video movie made at least! (not that it was anything to write home about unless you wanted to see speed racer, ghostbusters and married with children segments in the same film. It was not good otherwise.)

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Invincible Member

Don't forget Pacific Comics and First Comics!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Yeah, perhaps relying too much on licensed/previously created properties, however successful at the moment, can bite one in the butt after awhile. Heard that IDW Publishing (publisher of G.I. Joe and TMNT) was recently going through some financial difficulties actually. Not sure how bad it was though.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Don't forget Pacific Comics and First Comics!
    Also Broadway:

I remember reading Broadway's Fatale.

And then there was Neal Adams' Continuity:

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Are their X-Files comics any good?

I never read it, but it had its fans at my LCS in the 90s.

Don't forget Defiant comics! They were hyped to be the next image--then was gone just like that! They even did a segment on the qvc shopping network aimed at collectors hyping up how big their first issues will be!

[IMG][/IMG]

Plasm. Didn't you have to collect the trading cards to get part of the story? That didn't work out to well for them.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-18-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Now good guys was neat. It was comic fans who won a contest to be in a comic! I entered it from wizard but didn't win. Every main hero is a real comic fan as a hero! Shame it died with the company.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Video interview.

Last edited by Gaastra; 08-18-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm a big Shooter fan. I wish we could see more of Defiant and Broadway Comics' characters. Might be nostalgia but I thought their comics were great. Future and Virtual Comics were fun too. I know Triumphant Comics has a bad rap but I enjoyed all their titles.