Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    In the videogame adaptation it's Bruce who says in narration that Bruce Wayne is gone and all that's left is Batman.

OT. I think it would be good to see that aspect explored more, or at the very least find a balance. BTAS originally seemed to find that balance, but it became lost with TNBA. At the very least, the good Bruce Wayne does with his fortune should be shown more. The idea that both aspects of his personality are dedicated to making Gotham a better place should be emphasized more.
    I really wouldn't put too much stock in what the videogame adaptation said when it comes to understanding Nolan's interpretation of the character in his films.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

There needs to be a balance. It'll help make the grimness, darkness, and angst more bearable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    This is probably why my Batman enthusiasm is waning and I've moved onto enjoying his family members more. I can't stand Bat-god and Batman-is-always-right stuff.
    Totally agree with this. The current version of Batman is just not a likeable character.
    Last edited by bretmaverick2; 09-15-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Totally agree with this. The current version of Batman is just not a likeable character.
    You reading Batman Universe?
    Good stuff.

Mighty Member

I like Bruce Wayne Batman most when he is with Selina Kyle Catwoman.

I want to see a lot more of them as a dynamic duo.
    I love seeing them fight crime together.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-18-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Guess there lies the problem.
    It's also perspctives like yours i.e. Batman is his true self that make writers lean further into just Batman.
    (Not saying you're right or wrong/ whether I disagree or not).
    And surely it shouldn't be that difficult to make a billionnaire interesting. Stark seems to work for the most part.
    I agree. The problem is that most writers haven't a clue how to write a corporate shark. Harvey Specter on the tv show Suits is actually Bruce Wayne. The didn't go into it in depth but in Batman Begins and TDKR they did touch on Bruce's involvement in his company.