Default Last Concert You Went To Thread

I know there are a lot of music lovers here, so why not a thread about the last concert we saw.

I went to Radio City last night for John Fogerty doing a 50th Anniversary of Woodstock. I would like to say I hope i have that much energy at 75, but I don't have that much energy now.
    2 hours of high voltage classics. Mostly CCR, but a few Woodstock era hits thrown in. Including his son, who plays guitar in his band, doing a very respectable version of Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner.

One of the most entertaining concerts i have been to in a while.

Here is a little taste I found on YouTube this morning of John doing Suzie Q

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Petula Clark at the Iron Horse in Northampton, MA.

Before that , the previous two were Crystal Bowersox in Derry, NH and They Might Be Giants and Jonathan Coulton at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

The last one I went to see was the Rhys Jones Concert way back in August 2007 in the Liverpool Echo Arena. Just either haven't felt like going or able to go to one since.

Iron Maiden on August 1st.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Whitesnake in the summer of 2011.

Gigs have gotten so expensive over the last decade that they've gotten to levels of expense that I'm simply not prepared to pay anymore.

I understand that the industry has changed and we're not living in 1981 anymore. That still doesn't excuse the fact that many bands are charging ticket prices that are just a complete rip-off.

Bob Dylan in June.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Bob Dylan in June.
    Saw him last year. He seemed to really want to entertain the audience. Which isn't always the case with him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I saw Tora Tora in concert tonight.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Saw him last year. He seemed to really want to entertain the audience. Which isn't always the case with him.
    In my concert he didn't engage the audience in any way. After each song he walked to the back of the stage to have a word with his band members before performing the next one. He let his music do the talking. It was funny.
    BB

The Decemberists. Probably 2 1/2 years ago now.

When they came back for an encore, I shouted as a joke, "Play The Hazards Of Love in its entirety!" And even though there was no way they could have heard me from that far back, they actually played the first ten minutes or so of that album.

Black Flag last Thursday in Poughkeepsie, NY. No Henry did not sing.