Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    To be fair Bendis a total media whore and always wants to use the biggest and most popular things. Does not matter what it is if it is popular he wants it to raise his own profile. It is like how he keep saying how much he loved the Guardians when he took aver that book when the truth is if they had not been a movie property he would not have touched the book with a ten foot pole.
    I heard he was convinced to work on the GOTG after reading Star-Lord's stories from the seventies which explains why he chose J'Son, of all characters, to be the recurring antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Agressive, thuggish edgelord Thanos gets boring pretty quickly. I firmly believe that Keith Giffen's portrayal of Thanos as a True Neutral wanderer who acts out of curiosity and self preservation was very good and how modern Thanos should be portrayed.
    I'd love a scene where heroes and villains are fighting, Thanos enters the room and both sides are like "Oh crap, which side he is gonna be ? "

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    I'd love a scene where heroes and villains are fighting, Thanos enters the room and both sides are like "Oh crap, which side he is gonna be ? "
    Like when he helped Adam Warlock and the Avengers against Magus and Goddess, or when he teamed up with Thor and Genis-Vell against Walker, or when he teamed up with Gamora, Genis-Vell, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange against the Thanosi clones, or when he seemingly joined forces with Annihilus but then turned on him at end.

I also miss when he spent a whole page monologuing about how deep and intellectual he is.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-08-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Like when he helped Adam Warlock and the Avengers against Magus and Goddess, or when he teamed up with Thor and Genis-Vell against Walker, or when he teamed up with Gamora, Genis-Vell, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange against the Thanosi clones, or when he seemingly joined forces with Annihilus but then turned on him at end.

I also miss when he spent a whole page monologuing about how deep and imtellectual he is.
    Also Adam Warlock needs more appearances.

I'm not saying everytime Thanos helped the heroes, it was more a heel-face revolving door.
    I'm really saying true neutral, the closest was Annhiliation, I agree.

Yes I wasn't a fan of Cates' mass murdering Thanos, these writers just try and go for the biggest storyline ever and then.....nothing.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Yes I wasn't a fan of Cates' mass murdering Thanos, these writers just try and go for the biggest storyline ever and then.....nothing.
    Cates doesn't seem to get power levels very well. Black Bolt's screams shouldn't be able to kill celestials and he never explains how Old King Thanos managed to be powerful enough to kill cosmic entities. I like his take on Venom though.

Alot of people see Thanos as a conqueror, he isn't if anything he wants knowledge, he needs knowledge, he feeds off knowledge.
    To me he is neither villain and certainly not hero.
    Thanos for me is very similar to DC's Green Lantern nemesis Krona.
    Krona was always after knowledge, how the universe was created etc, etc.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Alot of people see Thanos as a conqueror, he isn't if anything he wants knowledge, he needs knowledge, he feeds off knowledge.
    To me he is neither villain and certainly not hero.
    Thanos for me is very similar to DC's Green Lantern nemesis Krona.
    Krona was always after knowledge, how the universe was created etc, etc.
    He became a neutral knowledge seeker after the events of Infinity Gauntlet after he learned that destruction and mystical macguffins will never convince Death to love him and after Adam Warlock told him he is responsible of his own defeats and he gave up being a edgy nihilist and became a more wise character.

No Thanos shouldn’t be put on a hiatus, marvel just need to put a good writer on him.

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    No Thanos shouldn’t be put on a hiatus, marvel just need to put a good writer on him.
    I want to see more space baddies get the spotlight. Also there are hardly any writers willing to write Thanos like Starlin or Giffen. That's the real problem.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-05-2019 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    I'm not saying everytime Thanos helped the heroes, it was more a heel-face revolving door.
    I'm really saying true neutral, the closest was Annhiliation, I agree.
    Also the 12 issues Thanos series that leads to Annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    did we all collectively forget that he's been dead for a year and we got jebaited by guardians probably so cates can bring him back like dna did in an event
    I hope Thanos is not the mysterious character Cates teased for the conclusion of the Faithless story on GOTG.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Can we at least get a follow-up of Thanos with the Dark Hadou from MvC: Infinite?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Can we at least get a follow-up of Thanos with the Dark Hadou from MvC: Infinite?
    That's unlikely since MVC Infinite was a dud.