Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Thanos is in no way a thuggish moron...
    I like Hickman's Fantastic Four and Avengers run but I really hate how he codified the whole brutish nihilistic overlord stereotype Thanos has been stuck in since 2013. Too much reliance on mooks and gory violence to get his business done, especially ignoring the science stuff which is usually he's very good at. Pre-2013 Thanos more than anyone (especially Doom) should've been ahead of the curve with regards to the incursions and would've been relentlessly pursuing solutions or the cause instead of pointlessly indulging his bloodthirst by destroying worlds.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    The part about the war with the builders makes sense as part of his overall narrative, but I don't think that was supposed to be an event.
    That's pretty much what Marvel does now in order to have a constant cycle of "event" comics. War of the Realms was a Thor story that they forced into a line-wide event. The same with Secret Empire and Captain America. And AXIS with the Uncanny Avengers.
    Last Read: The Immortal Hulk vol. 2 - The Green Door
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, Event Leviathan, The Flash, Flash Forward, Kick-Ass, Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, Lois Lane, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That's pretty much what Marvel does now in order to have a constant cycle of "event" comics. War of the Realms was a Thor story that they forced into a line-wide event. The same with Secret Empire and Captain America. And AXIS with the Uncanny Avengers.
    Kind of like when Infinity Gauntlet was originally supposed to be contained in the Silver Surfer series before becoming a Crisis Crossover.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo
    Yes. Yes he should

    There are plenty of powerful antagonists like Tyrant, Graviton, Count Nefaria and Korvac they could use instead of a dumbed down version of Thanos for the 1,000,000tg time.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    did we all collectively forget that he's been dead for a year and we got jebaited by guardians probably so cates can bring him back like dna did in an event
    He should stay dead while the REAL Thanos has his final adventure in the Infinity Ending.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Imo thanos has been hugely overused for a long time

    For me he is nowhere near the presence he once was because of this

    I really liked him till about ten years ago but he's diminished for me

    I think a rest would be good, especially if it was for a significant time, at least five years

    There are other villains to use, tyrant, anialus, on the cosmic end for example

    I do like thanos but him being the villain or indeed in a book at all isn't what it was, it a actually puts me off a book

    I personally would appreciate alternatives for a while

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Imo thanos has been hugely overused for a long time

    For me he is nowhere near the presence he once was because of this

    I really liked him till about ten years ago but he's diminished for me

    I think a rest would be good, especially if it was for a significant time, at least five years

    There are other villains to use, tyrant, anialus, on the cosmic end for example

    I do like thanos but him being the villain or indeed in a book at all isn't what it was, it a actually puts me off a book

    I personally would appreciate alternatives for a while
    I would really like seeing the Avengers fighting Tyrant. Even though he has a pretty dumb ''edgelord'' design and a unimaginative name. Couldn't Ron Marz come up with something better than ''Tyrant''?

  8. #23
    Incredible Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Should-Marvel-put-Thanos-on-a-long-hiatus????

    Yes!!!!

    I always thought the character was one of Marvelís worst !

    Now he is their most popular villain?!?

    WTF!!

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Should-Marvel-put-Thanos-on-a-long-hiatus????

    Yes!!!!

    I always thought the character was one of Marvel’s worst !

    Now he is their most popular villain?!?

    WTF!!
    Have you read any of Starlin's stories? He's actually a pretty smart and philosophical character.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I would really like seeing the Avengers fighting Tyrant. Even though he has a pretty dumb ''edgelord'' design and a unimaginative name. Couldn't Ron Marz come up with something better than ''Tyrant''?
    He's powerful and underutilized

    And it would be something different

    There's the stranger too, he's always interesting to me

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    He's powerful and underutilized

    And it would be something different

    There's the stranger too, he's always interesting to me
    What happened to the Stranger anyway?

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    What happened to the Stranger anyway?
    I don't recall any recent showing

    Last story I read with him was the trade of 'beyond'

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I don't recall any recent showing

    Last story I read with him was the trade of 'beyond'
    I really hope Thanos doesn't show up in the upcoming Annihilation story by Cates.

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,811

    Default

    This is the main problem with high writer turnover. Every new writer wants to write their "______" story, and so doe sthe next writer and the next. It is why some characters just get so overused they are shells of their former selves. Thanos falls into this category along with some others like Doctor Doom, Galactus, and a few others. Their should be a rule in place that when you come onto a new book you don't get to use certain characters until at least you have been on the book for a year so that the same handfull of villains would not be so overused so often. The Marvel U has litterly hundreds and hundreds of baddies jut sitting on the shelf not being used because writers want to use the same ones over and over.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is the main problem with high writer turnover. Every new writer wants to write their "______" story, and so doe sthe next writer and the next. It is why some characters just get so overused they are shells of their former selves. Thanos falls into this category along with some others like Doctor Doom, Galactus, and a few others. Their should be a rule in place that when you come onto a new book you don't get to use certain characters until at least you have been on the book for a year so that the same handfull of villains would not be so overused so often. The Marvel U has litterly hundreds and hundreds of baddies jut sitting on the shelf not being used because writers want to use the same ones over and over.
    I think the writers are mandated to use Thanos because of MCU sinergy rather than having interest in the character. Bendis' writing Thanos like a saturday morning cartoon villain with cringe worthy dialogue and a punching bag for the heroes is a good example of not giving a s*** about the character.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-31-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •