Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Thanos is in no way a thuggish moron...
    I like Hickman's Fantastic Four and Avengers run but I really hate how he codified the whole brutish nihilistic overlord stereotype Thanos has been stuck in since 2013. Too much reliance on mooks and gory violence to get his business done, especially ignoring the science stuff which is usually he's very good at. Pre-2013 Thanos more than anyone (especially Doom) should've been ahead of the curve with regards to the incursions and would've been relentlessly pursuing solutions or the cause instead of pointlessly indulging his bloodthirst by destroying worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    The part about the war with the builders makes sense as part of his overall narrative, but I don't think that was supposed to be an event.
    That's pretty much what Marvel does now in order to have a constant cycle of "event" comics. War of the Realms was a Thor story that they forced into a line-wide event. The same with Secret Empire and Captain America. And AXIS with the Uncanny Avengers.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That's pretty much what Marvel does now in order to have a constant cycle of "event" comics. War of the Realms was a Thor story that they forced into a line-wide event. The same with Secret Empire and Captain America. And AXIS with the Uncanny Avengers.
    Kind of like when Infinity Gauntlet was originally supposed to be contained in the Silver Surfer series before becoming a Crisis Crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo
    Yes. Yes he should

There are plenty of powerful antagonists like Tyrant, Graviton, Count Nefaria and Korvac they could use instead of a dumbed down version of Thanos for the 1,000,000tg time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    did we all collectively forget that he's been dead for a year and we got jebaited by guardians probably so cates can bring him back like dna did in an event
    He should stay dead while the REAL Thanos has his final adventure in the Infinity Ending.

Astonishing Member

Imo thanos has been hugely overused for a long time

For me he is nowhere near the presence he once was because of this

I really liked him till about ten years ago but he's diminished for me

I think a rest would be good, especially if it was for a significant time, at least five years

There are other villains to use, tyrant, anialus, on the cosmic end for example

I do like thanos but him being the villain or indeed in a book at all isn't what it was, it a actually puts me off a book

I personally would appreciate alternatives for a while

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Imo thanos has been hugely overused for a long time

For me he is nowhere near the presence he once was because of this

I really liked him till about ten years ago but he's diminished for me

I think a rest would be good, especially if it was for a significant time, at least five years

There are other villains to use, tyrant, anialus, on the cosmic end for example

I do like thanos but him being the villain or indeed in a book at all isn't what it was, it a actually puts me off a book

I personally would appreciate alternatives for a while
    I would really like seeing the Avengers fighting Tyrant. Even though he has a pretty dumb ''edgelord'' design and a unimaginative name. Couldn't Ron Marz come up with something better than ''Tyrant''?

Should-Marvel-put-Thanos-on-a-long-hiatus????

Yes!!!!

I always thought the character was one of Marvel’s worst !

Now he is their most popular villain?!?

WTF!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Should-Marvel-put-Thanos-on-a-long-hiatus????

Yes!!!!

I always thought the character was one of Marvel’s worst !

Now he is their most popular villain?!?

WTF!!
    Have you read any of Starlin's stories? He's actually a pretty smart and philosophical character.

Astonishing Member

I would really like seeing the Avengers fighting Tyrant. Even though he has a pretty dumb ''edgelord'' design and a unimaginative name. Couldn't Ron Marz come up with something better than ''Tyrant''?
    He's powerful and underutilized

And it would be something different

There's the stranger too, he's always interesting to me

He's powerful and underutilized

And it would be something different

There's the stranger too, he's always interesting to me
    What happened to the Stranger anyway?

Astonishing Member

What happened to the Stranger anyway?
    I don't recall any recent showing

Last story I read with him was the trade of 'beyond'

I don't recall any recent showing

Last story I read with him was the trade of 'beyond'
    I really hope Thanos doesn't show up in the upcoming Annihilation story by Cates.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This is the main problem with high writer turnover. Every new writer wants to write their "______" story, and so doe sthe next writer and the next. It is why some characters just get so overused they are shells of their former selves. Thanos falls into this category along with some others like Doctor Doom, Galactus, and a few others. Their should be a rule in place that when you come onto a new book you don't get to use certain characters until at least you have been on the book for a year so that the same handfull of villains would not be so overused so often. The Marvel U has litterly hundreds and hundreds of baddies jut sitting on the shelf not being used because writers want to use the same ones over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is the main problem with high writer turnover. Every new writer wants to write their "______" story, and so doe sthe next writer and the next. It is why some characters just get so overused they are shells of their former selves. Thanos falls into this category along with some others like Doctor Doom, Galactus, and a few others. Their should be a rule in place that when you come onto a new book you don't get to use certain characters until at least you have been on the book for a year so that the same handfull of villains would not be so overused so often. The Marvel U has litterly hundreds and hundreds of baddies jut sitting on the shelf not being used because writers want to use the same ones over and over.
    I think the writers are mandated to use Thanos because of MCU sinergy rather than having interest in the character. Bendis' writing Thanos like a saturday morning cartoon villain with cringe worthy dialogue and a punching bag for the heroes is a good example of not giving a s*** about the character.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-31-2019 at 11:36 AM.