Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    That's unlikely since MVC Infinite was a dud.
    Proving that even videogames aren't safe from MCU sinergy.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

I ressurect the thread with my Soul Gem by showing these news.

It's going to be 1997 Ka-Zar or Civil War II all over again, only this time it's Ikaris punking Thanos in a pool of lava like he's a dimwitted c-list antagonist.

eternals thanos.jpg

The Mad Titan Thanos descends on his cousins The Eternals in December from Marvel Comics

An iconic Marvel Comics villain returns this December as Thanos, the Mad Titan himself, will arrive to bedevil Marvel's hopeful next breakout stars in The Eternals #2.

Most fans will need little introduction to Thanos – he was a central character in the first decade of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, culminating in his leading appearances in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, in which he doggedly pursued the Infinity Stones to put an end to half the life in the entire universe.

But Thanos's comic book stories go well beyond his quest for the Infinity Stones – in fact, like the mysterious, ancient heroes the Eternals, Thanos is actually an Eternal himself in comic books. Or, more accurately, a Deviant born of Eternal parents – Deviants being the opposite, parallel beings who developed alongside Eternals, and who are the villains of Marvel's upcoming Eternals film.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/thanos...2-in-december/

Hurray for sinergy and shoehorning characters everywhere!

No but seriously, i don't think Ikaris should be able to beat a decently written Thanos in a duel, unless he's backed by the entire Eternals team.

I firmly maintain that Keith Giffen's Thanos arc, especially Samaritan, is the best thing to happen to Thanos post-Infinity Gauntlet and Marvel The End. Annihilation (2006) was cool, but Thanos Imperative (2010) was the beginning of the downfall of the character. They even could have said "well when we brought Thanos back in Imperative, he was brought back incomplete, i.e.without the years of character development).
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

I’d be happy if they killed him.

Thanos is the Eternals' "Darkseid", I fail to see the issue with him being spotlighted in the Eternals. It is most obvious move to help the Eternals franchise.

Fantastic Member

If they replayed the huberis angle, like they do with Doctor Doom, it would be tolerable.

But yeah, it's counter-intuitive to see Thanks humbled or overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Thanos is the Eternals' "Darkseid", I fail to see the issue with him being spotlighted in the Eternals. It is most obvious move to help the Eternals franchise.
    Thanos is actually pretty different than Darkseid characterisation wise. Read this.

https://********thehurtingstop.blogs...e-mistake.html

Anyway, can't wait to see Gillen writing Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Anyway, can't wait to see Gillen writing Thanos.
    It's an article by Tegan O'Neil about the differences between Darkseid and Thanos.

I have zero hopes for Gillen's Thanos, as a long as they keep writing him as a mustache twirling idiot instead of the morally ambiguos magnificent bastard who can outsmart his foes. Makes me wonder if anyone at Modern Marvel has read Thanos Quest.

Bring back Keith Giffen.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-30-2020 at 11:43 AM.

It's an article by Tegan O'Neil about the differences between Darkseid and Thanos.
    Yeah, not reading it.

Can't wait to see what Gillen has coming up.

Thanos is actually pretty different than Darkseid characterisation wise. Read this.
    I didn't say he was Darkseid, I said he plays the position(or should play the position) that Darkseid plays in the New Gods. Eternals needs a big villian Thanos should be one of them simple as that.

Astonishing Member

Hiatus no, but needs to be used better either in a personal one on one or a true build up event with multiple writers getting their fair shot with him in books that make sense to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Hiatus no, but needs to be used better either in a personal one on one or a true build up event with multiple writers getting their fair shot with him in books that make sense to use him.
    I don't think with Modern Marvel we will ever see a nuanced and character driven story with Thanos like The End and Samaritan or having Thanos team up with the heroes against another villain like in the Infinity Gauntlet sequels. To Marvel's current editors and writers, he's just the most evil and edgy being there is who somehow Is also so stupid that he gets defeated in embarassing ways by lower tier characters (looking at you Bendis, Telltale games and Man of Action). If they can't come up with something fresh and nuanced with Thanos instead of regurgitating paint by numbers exercises, then the character should stay in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, not reading it.

Can't wait to see what Gillen has coming up.
    I guess you like watching Thanks getting jobbed and fans getting upset.