• A hero from an alternate Earth

1 2.50%
  • Multiple people using the Leviathan ID

11 27.50%
  • None of the above

18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I hate to say it because he's a favorite, but for some reason I think it could be Booster Gold. His knowledge of the heroes could stem from his being from the future and his personality is affable enough. Plus, in his conversation with Plastic Man, everyone assumes that the Secret Six refers to the Tangent Plastic Man of another universe, but maybe there's a future Secret Six line-up yet to be introduced that Plas is a member of. Hell, maybe it's spinning out of this event, featuring the characters like Manhunter and Question that are currently being used here.

Of course, if it's Booster, the possibility of it being a future/different timeline variation of him exists so as to not ruin the Booster that's currently running around.

Todd asks Lois if she has a good relationship with her dad, which I took to mean that maybe he's implying having a good relationship with Sam Lane would be beneficial in Leviathan's takeover, basically a hint it could be Sam Lane. Or the "I hope that's true" was a response to her saying Leviathan attacked her father. Meaning, Todd hopes that is true, because then it's NOT Sam Lane. The Daddy issues stuff comes in afterward and it's actually Green Arrow who links it to Leviathan.

And I know "daddy issues" is typically a gendered term, but that could be used as a swerve; Green Arrow can be said to have both mommy and daddy issues, given both were involved with the 9th Circle.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Todd asks Lois if she has a good relationship with her dad, which I took to mean that maybe he's implying having a good relationship with Sam Lane would be beneficial in Leviathan's takeover, basically a hint it could be Sam Lane. Or the "I hope that's true" was a response to her saying Leviathan attacked her father. Meaning, Todd hopes that is true, because then it's NOT Sam Lane. The Daddy issues stuff comes in afterward and it's actually Green Arrow who links it to Leviathan.

And I know "daddy issues" is typically a gendered term, but that could be used as a swerve; Green Arrow can be said to have both mommy and daddy issues, given both were involved with the 9th Circle.
    I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to give it a second read, but this sounds like a good take away from the two scenes.

That said, I just have a gut feeling that it's Brown. No one else really jumps out at me yet, but we're only 3 issues deep, so I'll give it some time.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to give it a second read, but this sounds like a good take away from the two scenes.

That said, I just have a gut feeling that it's Brown. No one else really jumps out at me yet, but we're only 3 issues deep, so I'll give it some time.
    Other than daddy issues. To me, Brown wouldn't have that much motivation to do all this.

Someone like Kate Kane (Batwoman) I believe has more of a motivation to do something about it. She has daddy issues, killed Clayface when Batman told her not to. Got on Batman's bad side because of it. Future Tim Drake came back to kill her because of things she's done in the future. That's why I think it's Kate Kane.

The notion that it might be Ollie makes me rethink the scene of him firing that Arrow at Jason that ultimately took out Batman and Robin... could he have meant for that to happen to keep Jason-as-suspect in play? He was obviously listening to Lois's convo with Jason, but took his time before acting... hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Other than daddy issues. To me, Brown wouldn't have that much motivation to do all this.

Someone like Kate Kane (Batwoman) I believe has more of a motivation to do something about it. She has daddy issues, killed Clayface when Batman told her not to. Got on Batman's bad side because of it. Future Tim Drake came back to kill her because of things she's done in the future. That's why I think it's Kate Kane.
    The general frustration of her dad (someone who is supposed to be a reliable authority figure in her life) constantly reaching out to her for help and closeness, but then only to fallback into crime. Then the system that the heroes uphold and perpetuate allowing guys like her dad to basically function with a revolving door jail system that seems to only teach them to be better criminals and make more criminal connections. And her frustration as a young person basically inhering a broken world that seems to only want to perpetuate its flaws and status quo.

I especially think that last bit will be the main crux of the idea.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post

Except, Kate, when last seen, was on good terms with Bruce, working with Renee Montoya, and even gave Jason a ride from a small farm town.

I don't have a theory but I'm glad for this thread. I was just wondering yesterday why no one had started one yet. Thanks, Bored.

Astonishing Member

Stephanie Brown aka former Batgirl aka Spoiler.

Last seen: Bendis' Young Justice issue 5 flashback with Tim Drake. She went off, basically in tears, after getting a call from her dad.

Reason for suspicion: Jason Todd says that whoever Leviathan is has daddy issues. Stephanie Brown literally became a crime fighter for the express reason of spoiling her super villain dad's plans. Waller says Leviathan is a "con artist." Brown's dad has a background in show business. Waller also remarks how the Leviathan mask is "algorithmically designed" to evoke both fear and leadership. Brown was a student of Batman's, and one of his earliest teachings was to specifically pinpoint the superstition of people to create a symbol bigger than one person. Barbra Gordon, the current and original Batgirl and direct mentor to Stephanie, was approached by Leviathan, and has not been seen since. The implication being that she joined Leviathan. Leviathan seems to take special interest in the Bat Family. They tell Plastic Man to say hello to Batman in issue 2, and they specifically know to set up Jason. Leviathan seem to imply that they were a hero before, and that they have "tried it Bruce's way."

See you guys in a few months when it totally turns out to be Brown
    How would Stephanie of all people obtain the means and resources to pull something like this off? She has the right motive but not the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did we ever find out what the "L" in "L-Ron" stands for??
    It was likely a play on Lafayette, L Ron Hubbard's first name.
    LAFA-8, maybe?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    How would Stephanie of all people obtain the means and resources to pull something like this off? She has the right motive but not the resources.
    Talia had mentored whomever this person is, so Stephanie as a former associate of Batman's has an easy connection.

That said I am still hoping it's Batcow, the heel turn no one saw coming.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The notion that it might be Ollie makes me rethink the scene of him firing that Arrow at Jason that ultimately took out Batman and Robin... could he have meant for that to happen to keep Jason-as-suspect in play? He was obviously listening to Lois's convo with Jason, but took his time before acting... hmm....
    Yeah, that scene was suspicious. You could have hit a point!

I thought of that too. He definitely takes a beat before firing. And there is so much pointing towards Ollie that I think at the very least h is working with Leviathan. in Green Arrow 50 he basically becomes disillusioned with both the clandestine orgs who were putting Canary up to take him down and the heroes in J'onn giving him what he thought was a fake object to take down the League. He gave up being a hero and tossed his costume only to show up in the YOTV special in costume. We don't see him being offered anything from Leviathan, when given his background he'd be ripe for recruitment you'd think. Instead he shows up at the ARGUS site and interrupts Batman & Lois talking to Trevor. Then he does the same thing to Jason.

Bendis' last "mystery" - the identity of the Red Cloud - ended up being what turned out to be the most obvious suspect in Robinson Goode. That leads me to believe that all these clues pointing at Green Arrow aren't red herrings and we are going to get a "The Usual Suspects" type scene at the end where they all put this together and we see all this from Ollie's perspective, including either his reveal or his recruitment and acceptance from Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    That's the question, isn't it?

In fact, we're not really sure how anyone came across the means for all this. No one, not even Bruce or Clark, seems to be able to identify Leviathan's tech, and their followers seem to be volunteers from other organizations or heroes that truly believe in the cause.

So I have to image that Stephanie is likely the "idea-man" behind this and the "face," but it was a collective effort, and early on resources and knowledge was complied from the growing collective. Like Fight Club, ya know? How does a sleep deprived 9 to 5 pencil pusher with a mental disorder create a nation wide empire and movement?

The answer in both situations seems to be a really, really good pitch.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-16-2019 at 12:20 PM.

So I have to image that Stephanie is likely the "idea-man" behind this and the "face," but it was a collective effort, and early on resources and knowledge was complied from the growing collective. Like Fight Club, ya know? How does a sleep deprived 9 to 5 pencil pusher with a mental disorder create a nation wide empire and movement?

The answer in both situations seems to be a really, really good pitch.
    I think it's possible that Leviathan is more than one person as well. Waller's accusation that the mask was basically focused grouped and the way they always seem to appear concurrently with one of the suspects makes me think that. Basically, we could end up with a "we are all Leviathan" thing at the end.