• A hero from an alternate Earth

1 2.50%
  • Multiple people using the Leviathan ID

11 27.50%
  • None of the above

18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

What if it *is* Jason? Maybe Bendis is playing the "it could never be him if they're making him the prime suspect so early" rope-a-dope. But the surprise is that it's Jason and ROY! Jason has more than a passing familiarity with Thalia and the Lazarus pits, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What if it *is* Jason? Maybe Bendis is playing the "it could never be him if they're making him the prime suspect so early" rope-a-dope. But the surprise is that it's Jason and ROY! Jason has more than a passing familiarity with Thalia and the Lazarus pits, after all...
    Jason is supposed to be training a bunch of metakids for Lex Luthor (though not actually teaching them to be bad). And he just ditched Gotham and left the Iceberg Lounge to the Su Sisters as well. When's he supposed to have time to start up a secret organization and target all of the other spy agencies?

Mighty Member

How about Earth 2 Dick Grayson?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    How about Earth 2 Dick Grayson?
    I would love it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Has anyone considered Ralph Dibney? I don't know where he's been since the reboot (an appearance in Secret Six or something?) or what his history looks like these days but after Infinite Crisis and 52 I could see him going in this direction. And he's oddly missing from this league of detectives.
    You know... not a bad theory that it's Ralph. I did ask Bendis on Twitter when the series was first announced why he had Plastic Man in the "band of detectives" instead of the much more logical choice of Ralph. His response was that it would specifically be addressed "in story". Well, we're three issues in and it hasn't been addressed. Revealing it to be Ralph would certainly be "in-story".

I mean, I hope not. Much like Wally West as a killer that covers up the accidental murders and frames other characters, it would make no sense, but...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    You know... not a bad theory that it's Ralph. I did ask Bendis on Twitter when the series was first announced why he had Plastic Man in the "band of detectives" instead of the much more logical choice of Ralph. His response was that it would specifically be addressed "in story". Well, we're three issues in and it hasn't been addressed. Revealing it to be Ralph would certainly be "in-story".

I mean, I hope not. Much like Wally West as a killer that covers up the accidental murders and frames other characters, it would make no sense, but...
    His idea of addressed in story might be the dig against Plastic Man being there in place of Ralph they already made.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    His idea of addressed in story might be the dig against Plastic Man being there in place of Ralph they already made.
    Yeah, I saw that. I guess, to me personally, that doesn't really address why Plastic Man and not Ralph. Maybe I took him too literally. I mean, Ralph is tailor-made for this kind of "who is behind the mask?" type story.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. I guess, to me personally, that doesn't really address why Plastic Man and not Ralph. Maybe I took him too literally. I mean, Ralph is tailor-made for this kind of "who is behind the mask?" type story.
    I expect it has more to do with what Leviathan said to Plas and that Bendis is using him rather than Ralph because of his checkered past. He might also be a bit more flexible in terms of morality in case Bendis wants to use him as one of Leviathan's converts.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    a bit more flexible in terms of morality
    Please tell me that was intentional.
    Currently Reading:

Extraordinary Member

So what is the deal with Manhunter? I missed a lot of the recent Green Arrow run but did Kate Spencer appear as anything but a lawyer? Is this series the first appearance of Manhunter post-Flashpoint?

Also, why is she the only one of the six main characters who is missing from both of the recap pages in issue #2 and #3?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So what is the deal with Manhunter? I missed a lot of the recent Green Arrow run but did Kate Spencer appear as anything but a lawyer? Is this series the first appearance of Manhunter post-Flashpoint?
    DC continuity.

I mean, Vic Sage is a normal Question again but apparently so is Renee Montoya. You have to roll with the punches sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC continuity.

I mean, Vic Sage is a normal Question again but apparently so is Renee Montoya. You have to roll with the punches sometimes...
    Is he? We know almost nothing about this new/rebooted Question. The only mention of Vic Sage I've seen has been the solit for "Lois Lane" but other than that, we don't really know do we?

Alleged females on covers and meta-thinking aside, who are the characters that we would consider "fair play" at this point? For my ten cents, "fair play" suspects have to have been seen or name dropped by this point. If we're going by THAT standard, then the list of suspects narrows down considerably, to something like:

- Batman
    - Ollie
    - Manhunter
    - "Vic Sage" (I'm still not convinced it's him under the mask)
    - Plastic Man
    - Lois Lane
    - Roy Harper
    - Jason Todd
    - Damian
    - Barbara Gordon
    - Steve Trevor
    - Sam Lane
    - Amanda Waller
    - Guardian (another Harper)
    - Mr. Bones
    - Superman
    - Talia
    - Luthor
    - Ralph
    - Kobra
    - Other characters I'm certainly forgetting.

Of those, I'd put uneasy money on Ollie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    "fair play" suspects have to have been seen or name dropped by this point.
    Is this counting just Event Leviathan? Or the one shot, because that adds a few characters. If we include all the lead up in Action Comics, the list gets quite larger (and the story very convoluted).

The strike against Ollie is the scene with Barbara and Leviathan, I feel it would be a bad foot to start out on recruiting someone by telling them they are getting an offer someone else is not, and then turning out to be that someone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The strike against Ollie is the scene with Barbara and Leviathan, I feel it would be a bad foot to start out on recruiting someone by telling them they are getting an offer someone else is not, and then turning out to be that someone.
    Not at all. This way, if Barbara turns down the offer, then Ollie's identity would be protected. They're not going to trust a new recruit with Leviathan's super secret identity. That's a disaster waiting to happen.
    Currently Reading: