• Multiple people using the Leviathan ID

11 27.50%
  • None of the above

18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Who is Leviathan Speculation Thread *all current issue spoilers*

OK, after Heroes in Crisis turned out to be a bust as a mystery, I was a little gunshy about getting on board with another DC mystery event, but, three issues in, it looks like Bendis is actually delivering an honest to goodness mystery with suspects, clues, and all the trimmings.

My current guess is Green Arrow. He's always wanted to shake things up. He got that magic box from J'Onn. He's smart enough and egocentric enough to think he could pull all this off. Plus, Bendis has been dropping some not-so-subtle hints about Ollie so far.

I think Dick Grayson with a spit personality would be a better choice, but since he hasn't been mentioned even once so far, I think he's unlikely given that most mysteries have the culprit there from the very beginning...and Ollie is the only one that qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My current guess is Green Arrow. He's always wanted to shake things up. He got that magic box from J'Onn.
    He dropped the box and walked away from it after having opened it at the end of his series though, believing it to be empty.

Astonishing Member

With the way DC has been going after Titans characters I won't be surprised if its one of them.

That being said,I can't see any clear suspect right now,I'd almost say that Leviathan is an OC but all the mystery surrounding him/her implies that this character is someone we know.

Possibly an evil version from the future or Dark multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Possibly an evil version from the future or Dark multiverse.
    I really doubt that's the route Bendis is going. It wouldn't really fit the story which appears to be a lot more grounded in "reality"

I think one of the biggest hints was how Waller said L is a con artist. I expect a lot of what we've seen in this has been misdirection, but hopefully in a way that makes sense and not a cop out.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I think is someone related to Green Arrow too. I don't think Ollie himself, it could be Roy Harper escaped to death in some way even though I can't comprehend which could be his motivations.

Ollie, Guardian Jim Harper, Jason Todd are all in these story without an evident reason. Everyone is linked to Roy. Plus if I can remember Roy was a Checkmate member at some point.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 08-16-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think one of the biggest hints was how Waller said L is a con artist. I expect a lot of what we've seen in this has been misdirection, but hopefully in a way that makes sense and not a cop out.
    Are you saying "L" meaning Leviathan?
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 08-16-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Duh, its Bob. He's been in the background all this time, always there for the big events, but not even the great detectives noticed!

Mighty Member

Definitely think it's Ollie, which would suck.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My current guess is Green Arrow. He's always wanted to shake things up. He got that magic box from J'Onn. He's smart enough and egocentric enough to think he could pull all this off. Plus, Bendis has been dropping some not-so-subtle hints about Ollie so far.
    I think Green Arrow is a likely choice, but I'm still not sure. They blew up his series and had him walk away from the hero game in part because I think he thought J'onn had basically betrayed him and likely because of his role in this story. The sense of betrayal could be the motivation to make this play. And the way they blew up his series means there are probably some serious status quo change ahead for him beyond just a role here. It's not beyond Bendis to ignore that set up like he did to have him back in costume immediately for things, but it could also be intentional. He's a hero you think Leviathan would try to recruit. Which makes me think if he isn't actually Leviathan, he's someone who has already been recruited and accepted the offer and is now the inside man more or less.

My only hesitation with Ollie is that while I think he fits the profile of someone who would be very receptive to Leviathan, I don't see how he built up the base of power to actually make the play. The hints for Maxwell Lord or some other JLI era character are there too. Supposedly the cover to issue #2 was chosen specifically as a hint and the references are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    He dropped the box and walked away from it after having opened it at the end of his series though, believing it to be empty.
    I'm curious if the box offered to Lois by Luthor is actually the box Ollie dropped.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-16-2019 at 09:36 AM.

I was thinking it's someone like Batwoman.

Leviathan is obviously Lori Lemaris.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Read somewhere, not sure where, that suggested Max Lord. Supposedly Maleev said on Twitter that the composition of the cover to Event Leviathan #2 being similar to Justice League #1 wasn't a coincidence. There was some other clue that suggested Lord, but I can't remember what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Read somewhere, not sure where, that suggested Max Lord. Supposedly Maleev said on Twitter that the composition of the cover to Event Leviathan #2 being similar to Justice League #1 wasn't a coincidence. There was some other clue that suggested Lord, but I can't remember what it was.
    Did we ever find out what the "L" in "L-Ron" stands for??

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Stephanie Brown aka former Batgirl aka Spoiler.

Last seen: Bendis' Young Justice issue 5 flashback with Tim Drake. She went off, basically in tears, after getting a call from her dad.

Reason for suspicion: Jason Todd says that whoever Leviathan is has daddy issues. Stephanie Brown literally became a crime fighter for the express reason of spoiling her super villain dad's plans. Waller says Leviathan is a "con artist." Brown's dad has a background in show business. Waller also remarks how the Leviathan mask is "algorithmically designed" to evoke both fear and leadership. Brown was a student of Batman's, and one of his earliest teachings was to specifically pinpoint the superstition of people to create a symbol bigger than one person. Barbra Gordon, the current and original Batgirl and direct mentor to Stephanie, was approached by Leviathan, and has not been seen since. The implication being that she joined Leviathan. Leviathan seems to take special interest in the Bat Family. They tell Plastic Man to say hello to Batman in issue 2, and they specifically know to set up Jason. Leviathan seem to imply that they were a hero before, and that they have "tried it Bruce's way."

See you guys in a few months when it totally turns out to be Brown
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.