• A hero from an alternate Earth

1 2.50%
  • Multiple people using the Leviathan ID

11 27.50%
  • None of the above

18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Saw it suggested on Twitter that the Kamanadi scene along with Superman’s recognition that the blue energy was temporal in nature could indicate Leviathan’s base is actually in the Great Disaster time period. This would be Bendis ripping himself off since Ultron did the same thing in Age if Ultron.

Blue Beetle would have some access to time travel tech being best buds with Booster. The creature that’s creating the blue energy also looks vaguely bug like if you squint enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    TOO SOON, dude.

Seriously now, though, he wouldn't have to learn it from Wally. Everyone forgot about Supernova already?
    Great point! It almost makes too much sense (maybe Leviathan are him *and* Ted!) but again, it would seem to come out of nowhere if you were only following "Event Leviathan."

Extraordinary Member

Again, no Manhunter in the 'recap' page.

Shoot - I posted this on the other Leviathan thread, but I guess it belongs here more:

The case for Kate Spencer being the Big L (since that Manhunter-looking symbol was used for Leviathan in "Millennium"):
    1) Classic misdirection to make yourself seem like a target (Ozymandias, for one) and it gets you in with the heroes investigating Leviathan.
    2) Her kid is where? Summer camp? Or secluded and safe while she launches her plan
    3) Damian asks, "Do you make your tech?" No, she does not. She originally stole the alien tech, then coerced someone to help her.
    4) She originally became Manhunter because she wanted to murder someone who had escaped justice. What is it Leviathan keeps saying? That the system isn't working?

The prosecution rests.

Unless there's been a giant red herring, this mystery is solved if you know where to look for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Unless there's been a giant red herring, this mystery is solved if you know where to look for it.
    You say this but you did not vote for Manhunter. Does not check out.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    You say this but you did not vote for Manhunter. Does not check out.
    Saying anything else would be a spoiler. Will try to respond after the book's done.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Saying anything else would be a spoiler. Will try to respond after the book's done.
    Put it in spoiler tags!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Put it in spoiler tags!
    Definitely. The whole point of this thread is to speculate. You're not going to spoil the story for anyone by giving your best guess since anybody who comes here is already trying to figure it out.

If you are so convinced your guess is correct, that's great, but you don't need to be coy about it in order to protect anyone from being spoiled, because nobody outside of DC will definitively know that you're right until it's revealed.

So, if you are that certain, just put it in spoiler tags, and people can decide for themselves. Bendis has already said that people have guessed correctly online, so it's not like the mystery hasn't already been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Definitely. The whole point of this thread is to speculate. You're not going to spoil the story for anyone by giving your best guess since anybody who comes here is already trying to figure it out.

If you are so convinced your guess is correct, that's great, but you don't need to be coy about it in order to protect anyone from being spoiled, because nobody outside of DC will definitively know that you're right until it's revealed.

So, if you are that certain, just put it in spoiler tags, and people can decide for themselves. Bendis has already said that people have guessed correctly online, so it's not like the mystery hasn't already been solved.
    If it were my guess, I'd do that for sure but it's not. I read an article that presented a piece of evidence so strong I feel like it would be a big enough spoiler as to ruin the thread. If anyone wants the link to the article, I'd be happy to provide it through a PM though I'd discourage anyone from posting it in this thread. I ought to have just kept my mouth shut. I wish I hadn't read the article myself though I'm still very eager to read the rest of the series.

Astonishing Member

Just laying out proper evidence here, for funsies, as this goes on;

- 1. Leviathan speaks with a youthful voice. At least "appears" to be Male.
    - 2. Leviathan overtly resembles Jack Kirby Manhunter era design motif as well as a dash of Azrael.
    - 3. Leviathan cares about his employees, has airships, and carried out something of a hostile takeover.
    - 4. Leviathan used Talia al Ghul but was pretty aware she was going to be treacherous.
    - 5. Leviathan is familiar with SPYRAL. Leviathan also knows all about Leone's invisible mafia.
    - 6. Leviathan is familiar with SHADE, DEO, ARGUS, Task Force X, CHECKMATE and shows some familiarity with Waller.
    - 7. Leviathan is familiar with Kobra. Kobra kind of stands out as odd. Kobra is a terrorist group, not a spy organization.
    - 8. Leviathan is a concept that began in BATMAN books but has jumped over to SUPERMAN books.
    - 9. Leviathan has access to time travel and technology rivaling Batman's that can obfuscate even Superman.
    - 10. Leviathan is implied to have at least appeared as one of the suspects or cameos within the Event Leviathan issues itself.
    - 11. Several ESPIONAGE characters OF NOTE have not appeared at all yet, implying they might already be allied with Leviathan. Characters such as Nemesis, King Faraday, Sarge Steel, Sasha Bordeaux, and more, as well as organizations like the Global Peace Agency. With Bendis's acknowledged obsession with Greg Rucka DCU concepts, the lack of Sasha Bordeaux and minimal use of Checkmate feels glaring. See also: Batwoman. See also: Morrison concepts, Kathy Kane (Netz). See also: Well I mean, Dick Grayson.
    - 12. Leviathan's secret base or prison appears to be in Kamandi's time, during/after the KIRBY Great Disaster, a period of time in which we at least know BROTHER EYE to exist. Teleportation-tech is definitely part of Brother Eye's arsenal.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 09-18-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

If it were my guess, I'd do that for sure but it's not. I read an article that presented a piece of evidence so strong I feel like it would be a big enough spoiler as to ruin the thread. If anyone wants the link to the article, I'd be happy to provide it through a PM though I'd discourage anyone from posting it in this thread. I ought to have just kept my mouth shut. I wish I hadn't read the article myself though I'm still very eager to read the rest of the series.
    I read what you read, but I while I am unconvinced the piece of evidence matches what the article thinks it matches, I also don't think it means who they think it means any way when we have a more obvious suspect who it could just as easily mean.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I read what you read, but I while I am unconvinced the piece of evidence matches what the article thinks it matches, I also don't think it means who they think it means any way when we have a more obvious suspect who it could just as easily mean.
    I'm not vouching for the theory. I said it could be a red herring.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Send me! I love some spoilers!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Send me! I love some spoilers!
    #MeToo

Like I said, a guess, even a very convincing one, is still just a guess and can never ruin a speculation thread.