• Multiple people using the Leviathan ID

11 27.50%
  • None of the above

18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think it's possible that Leviathan is more than one person as well. Waller's accusation that the mask was basically focused grouped and the way they always seem to appear concurrently with one of the suspects makes me think that. Basically, we could end up with a "we are all Leviathan" thing at the end.
    I think that's a strong possibility.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I don't see it being either Ollie or Steph if only because it's not in-character for them to go through this kind of subterfuge or grand operatic operation to achieve what they want.

That's not saying it couldn't be them, because it's an event comic, but still.

(I also think if Steph were a suspect she would have appeared or been mentioned in the story already).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's the question, isn't it?

In fact, we're not really sure how anyone came across the means for all this. No one, not even Bruce or Clark, seems to be able to identify Leviathan's tech, and their followers seem to be volunteers from other organizations or heroes that truly believe in the cause.

So I have to image that Stephanie is likely the "idea-man" behind this and the "face," but it was a collective effort, and early on resources and knowledge was complied from the growing collective. Like Fight Club, ya know? How does a sleep deprived 9 to 5 pencil pusher with a mental disorder create a nation wide empire and movement?

The answer in both situations seems to be a really, really good pitch.
    The only reason why I entertain the possibility that Leviathan is an evil version of someone from the future is because of their tech. It seems futuristic by the standards of the DC world and as you mentioned, no one seems to be able to identify it.

I don't see it being either Ollie or Steph if only because it's not in-character for them to go through this kind of subterfuge or grand operatic operation to achieve what they want.
    Since when does that matter to DC? Seriously, I read this sentence and sort of...huffed? Made some sort of exhaling noise of annoyance/irritation/derision, anyway. I don't think it matters at all if it's in character for the character(s), sadly. Just whether it matches the clues.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-16-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (I also think if Steph were a suspect she would have appeared or been mentioned in the story already).
    Event's not over yet, and not too many suspects have been named as it is (maybe only 3 suspects have been directly named as far as I remember), so I'll wait for the next issue before the reveal.

While it's a stretch, I'd also argue that the book restating that Barbra aka Batgirl was approached and has not been seen since puts into play another Batgirl. Again, a stretch, but I'd count it as a bread crumb.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The only reason why I entertain the possibility that Leviathan is an evil version of someone from the future is because of their tech. It seems futuristic by the standards of the DC world and as you mentioned, no one seems to be able to identify it.
    Whoever it is, I think calling them strictly evil would be a misnomer. To my knowledge, it's been specifically stated that they haven't killed anyone, and even on the cover for issue 3 they are fighting Batman with stunk sticks. Even when they come to take Waller no one is armed with anything even resembling a gun. That fact would also stay in line with someone who learned under Bruce's No Guns Ever rule, and it would totally take off Future Tim Drake from the list of suspects.

But I'm not ruling out future or pandimensional tech at all.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-16-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Since when does that matter to DC? Seriously, I read this sentence and sort of...huffed? Made some sort of exhaling noise of annoyance/irritation/derision, anyway. I don't think it matters at all if it's character for the character(s), sadly. Just whether it matches the clues.
    Or to facilitate the biggest "surprise" twist.

That's not saying it couldn't be them, because it's an event comic, but still.

I don't know, like I said earlier Ollie finished up his series disillusioned with pretty much everyone. And we know that that story derailed the creative teams plans completely. Something like that would not be necessary if they were going to just use him in the role of one of the detectives here. And Leviathan's pitch to Batgirl kinda sounds like Ollie - talks about how the world is being run for profit at everyone's expense and how the system doesn't work. Plus, it's Green Arrow that calls Batman to tell him that he and Barbara were given a tip about Merlin and Leviathan. Yet we only see Barbara being the "target" for recruitment.

It is being laid on super thick that it's Ollie.

I don't know, like I said earlier Ollie finished up his series disillusioned with pretty much everyone. And we know that that story derailed the creative teams plans completely. Something like that would not be necessary if they were going to just use him in the role of one of the detectives here. And Leviathan's pitch to Batgirl kinda sounds like Ollie - talks about how the world is being run for profit at everyone's expense and how the system doesn't work. Plus, it's Green Arrow that calls Batman to tell him that he and Barbara were given a tip about Merlin and Leviathan. Yet we only see Barbara being the "target" for recruitment.

You make a strong case for it being Ollie. Especially with the behind the scenes stuff. I could 100% be persuaded to see him as a prime suspect. I'd be a little sad about it not being Brown, but I won't stick my head in the sand when it comes the very real possibility you're presenting here.

But like you said, it could be more than one person. The era after Leviathan will be quite the fascinating one.

Or to facilitate the biggest "surprise" twist.
    I'm kinda thinking about Hank being Monarch now, but haven't actually read the story, and so don't know whether it matched any clues or not.

Again, I'm not ruling out that it is Ollie, just that if he were to do something like this (and I don't think, even if he did, it would go to the same lengths Leviathan is going), he'd be completely upfront about it.

But such is character motivation in event comics.
    You make a strong case for it being Ollie. Especially with the behind the scenes stuff. I could 100% be persuaded to see him as a prime suspect. I'd be a little sad about it not being Brown, but I won't stick my head in the sand when it comes the very real possibility you're presenting here.
    I'd be more sad if it as Steph. Poor girl .

I mean, this sure sounds like someone who just decided to burn it all down.

1AD959F0-3B9D-444A-9656-E05E9AC7793E.jpg

80FA3458-816C-48DB-A236-EDAB58BEA821.jpg

5A58382E-D4EB-4F2A-9EC5-A4DB7F39FF2E.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality images. I can't seem to get them to display the proper resolution.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-16-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Again, I'm not ruling out that it is Ollie, just that if he were to do something like this (and I don't think, even if he did, it would go to the same lengths Leviathan is going), he'd be completely upfront about it.
    I'm kinda leaning more towards "Leviathan" being basically a Keyser Soze type figure here. A figure basically focus grouped into existence to be the perfect front. Kinda like how Verbal Kint created the demonic reputation for Soze as a front and then basically guided the group from within to achieve his own ends. So while I think Ollie is definitely in on it, I'm leaning towards him being one of many people that collectively are "Leviathan."
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-16-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I admit I find a lot of stuff in this hard to follow, as in what triggered things, what order things are happening, where certain people are supposed to be at any given moment and how everyone got here.

That said, my guess is Jeremiah Danvers. Or Jimmie Olsen.

Hmmm, do you guys remember how Snyder's Justice League run actually started with that weekly comic? And in that comic while the majority of Earth's major heroes and villains were off in space, Ollie was back on Earth directly contending with Amanda Waller as a foil.

Interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Hmmm, do you guys remember how Snyder's Justice League run actually started with that weekly comic? And in that comic while the majority of Earth's major heroes and villains were off in space, Ollie was back on Earth directly contending with Amanda Waller as a foil.

Interesting.
    Based on that and that Green Arrow was canceled out of the blue due to bigger universe shaking stories, this is probably it.