Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It's Wally West!

(too soon?)
    HA!! Beat me to it!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't see how that looks any more female than male.
    I agree.

Max Lord would be a letdown. We've already seen him as a masterfully manipulative villain that took over a huge spy organization. I don't think it's him at all. And the con man thing would be pretty on the nose. Maybe Amanda Waller just thinks it's Max and that's why she said that.

I wonder how much stock to put in the "con man" reference. If it's a genuine clue that would pretty much rule out Green Arrow for me. GA's honest 'to a fault.' I have a hard time imagining anyone thinking of him as a con man, especially Waller.

It's a stretch (and one I wouldn't agree with) but I guess someone might call Roy a con man based on his success in temporarily hiding his drug addiction. Or maybe he's a "con man" because he convinced everyone he's dead when he isn't? And maybe he has the contents of the box J'onn gave Ollie somehow?

I sort of love the idea of Earth-Two Roy Harper. I don't think it's likely but I love the idea of it because it would mean Earth-Two was back in some way. And we haven't seen Golden Age Green Arrow and Speedy since CoIE, IIRC.

And someone like that might make some sense of Leviathan having referred to Plastic Man as having belonged to all the teams the character ever belonged to regardless of continuity. But that could be any number of characters.

I do think that Plastic Man reference is a pretty big clue though--if not to the "who" then to the "why." It's more idiosyncratic than unknown alien tech or someone being a con artist.

Not hazarding a guess, just thinking out loud.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 08-17-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Always Rakzo

Ollie is not really "egocentric" by the way. He might be selfish at times but that usually happens because he's impulsive and doesn't think about the consequences. He thinks about others just as much as he thinks about himself depending on the moment (For example, he would most likely cheat on Dinah but I'm pretty sure he would also sacrifice his life for her, that's how Ollie rolls).

I'm not sure if I like the idea of him being Leviathan since Ollie as a huge mastermind seems pretty out of character but to be honest, after all the years of painfully safe and derivative stories for Green Arrow that started with Rebirth, I would take any direction that at least resembles something new.

I wish could post better images of those closing pages of Green Arrow #50 because if you haven't seen those I can understand seeing the 180 necessary for Ollie to be the suspect seems really out of left field. But I think those pages do work in this context.

And for the cover to issue six, I didn't say it definitely was a woman, I just meant that the shape of the eye looked vaguely feminine to me. It definitely could be a man.

Also, the mouth covering looks vaguely like a red bat type thing.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-17-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I don't have a theory but I'm glad for this thread. I was just wondering yesterday why no one had started one yet. Thanks, Bored.
    You're welcome. I would have done so earlier, but the whole Heroes in Crisis Murder Mystery Thread turned into such a disaster, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through that mess again. Thankfully, Event Leviathan seems to be much more what I was hoping HiC was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Ollie is not really "egocentric" by the way. He might be selfish at times but that usually happens because he's impulsive and doesn't think about the consequences. He thinks about others just as much as he thinks about himself depending on the moment (For example, he would most likely cheat on Dinah but I'm pretty sure he would also sacrifice his life for her, that's how Ollie rolls).
    Ollie cares a lot about others and doing right by people but he definitely has an ego, where he can be a little "my way or the high way" but he's generally upfront about it.
    I'm not sure if I like the idea of him being Leviathan since Ollie as a huge mastermind seems pretty out of character but to be honest, after all the years of painfully safe and derivative stories for Green Arrow that started with Rebirth, I would take any direction that at least resembles something new.
    I'm still just hoping for a relaunch of the tried-and-true Emerald Archer. Not sure we'll get that with a Leviathan twist .

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’d say a new GA series would be all but guaranteed if Ollie is revealed to be Leviathan. Or, at least, one of the people behind it.

It would very much feel like a set up for a new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’d say a new GA series would be all but guaranteed if Ollie is revealed to be Leviathan. Or, at least, one of the people behind it.

It would very much feel like a set up for a new series.
    There would probably be plans for something to follow up on it, but I wouldn't bet on it being a Green Arrow book.

Incredible Member

Is this story any good? I collect trades these days so I'm trying to determine if I'll get it when it comes out or not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

I agree it would be out of character, but it wouldn't be out of character for DC to have a character behave contrary to their nature in order to create a story they want to tell. If DC (or Bendis) wants Ollie to be Leviathan, he will be whether it makes sense or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I wish could post better images of those closing pages of Green Arrow #50 because if you haven't seen those I can understand seeing the 180 necessary for Ollie to be the suspect seems really out of left field. But I think those pages do work in this context.

And for the cover to issue six, I didn't say it definitely was a woman, I just meant that the shape of the eye looked vaguely feminine to me. It definitely could be a man.

Also, the mouth covering looks vaguely like a red bat type thing.
    We're probably reading too much into the cover. If DC is smart, they'll keep the reveal secret and not even hint to it on the cover. Granted, we just saw they basically give the game away with Heroes in Crisis, so maybe they will reveal the identity before issue drops.

That said, looking at the cover, the eyebrow looks too bushy to be female (or to be how females are drawn in comics).
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Green Arrow #50, the events of Heroes In Crisis, Ollie's interactions will Waller in No Justice, his book getting canned, and what seems to be his very real disillusionment with himself as a hero up to this moment and the Justice League seem to paint a pretty solid picture of him as this number one suspect. That's not even mentioning his left leaning hyper progressive nature.

And when Green Arrow is likely relaunched, I could 100% see them going with Emiko Queen as the successor with Oliver essentially upgrading to overseer of DC's forward thinking, nonlethal ultimate intelligence group.

Not just that, but there will 100% be heroes that join up with this if there already aren't (like in the case of Barbra) because he's going to have a point, and he doesn't kill.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    And when Green Arrow is likely relaunched, I could 100% see them going with Emiko Queen as the successor with Oliver essentially upgrading to overseer of DC's forward thinking, nonlethal ultimate intelligence group.
    I really don't see them giving that to Emiko. I know she was set up as succeeding him as Green Arrow when Lemire was still writing her but that doesn't feel like her character anymore.

I would say it would be an ideal time to bring Connor Hawke back, but I don't think DC Editorial cares about him anymore.

Although now I'm imagining Ollie with an eyepatch, which is kind of funny .

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really don't see them giving that to Emiko. I know she was set up as succeeding him as Green Arrow when Lemire was still writing her but that doesn't feel like her character anymore.

I would say it would be an ideal time to bring Connor Hawke back, but I don't think DC Editorial cares about him anymore.
    Conner Hawke is certainly a possibility, and could work, but I just imagine them going with the simpler solution of finally giving Emiko the--non gendered--mantel of Green Arrow and continuing the story they already cultivated for her. To my knowledge, Connor's existence hasn't even been hinted at, and given the fact this Green Arrow and possible Leviathan seems to have been planed since Bendis came on and Snyder planed out No Justice, it would be odd to not at least hint at Conner, right?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

For some reason I’m hoping Nyssa Al Ghul is behind this. She hasn’t been seen in sometime, I feel like she always wants more from Talia and also Ras.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

It's Hank Hall! Ssshhhhhh!!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.